Cayin i5 Lossless Android DAP with AKM4490 DAC supporting 32/384 PCM + 64/128 DSD
Jun 15, 2016 at 10:28 AM Post #421 of 3,742
I guess neither of us would post impressions anytime soon :D

Mine should be shipped from China to Indonesia already but even so, I'm 11,004 km away AAAAAAAAAAAAARRRGGGHHHH!!!

Have to admit, you guys are brave, and you really love this hobby, no doubt about that.:etysmile:

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Jun 15, 2016 at 11:01 AM Post #422 of 3,742
I can't wait for EU distributor, considering the EU release is still in August and the price could be 589€ or 499€.
It's more advantageous to buy it early from China, although firmware might be just decent but as long it's functional, I'm okay with that

Of course some people here have to get the first batch, be guinea pigs and report possible problem(s) that we will face :D
Now my excitement turns me into guinea pig as well

If this is only a firmware issue, I can help out as much as possible, lets just hope you won't run into hardware or production quality issues, it is inevitably that the risk is slightly higher in the first production run. :xf_eek:

Jun 15, 2016 at 11:08 AM Post #423 of 3,742
Yes, N5 is a charming DAP, it is not outstanding if you try to measure it, but you'll keep using it even when there are "better" alternatives readily available, don't you?
beerchug.gif

yes andy
tongue.gif

this is DAP season
on my wantlist now:
cayin i5
ak300
opus1
ibasso dx200
eek.gif

beerchug.gif

Jun 15, 2016 at 11:09 AM Post #424 of 3,742
  DX200 looks cool indeed but have too many features that I won't use.
Honestly, I did consider them once but then i5 was announced and with release date. Well, I'm impatient so there I go.

If it costs nothing, it won't be exciting 
wink.gif

well we have to get them all
wink_face.gif
and sacrifice our wallet

Jun 15, 2016 at 11:10 AM Post #425 of 3,742
yes andy :p

this is DAP season
on my wantlist now:
cayin i5
ak300
opus1
ibasso dx200 :eek:

:beerchug:
I demoed the opus a couple of times.

Jun 15, 2016 at 11:24 AM Post #427 of 3,742
Jun 15, 2016 at 11:37 AM Post #429 of 3,742
Have to admit, you guys are brave, and you really love this hobby, no doubt about that.
etysmile.gif

I do love this hobby but I have to stop after the i5 :x
I've had no IEMs/headphones that lasted me at least a year because I kept replacing them out of curiosity. This is unhealthy for me.

If this is only a firmware issue, I can help out as much as possible, lets just hope you won't run into hardware or production quality issues, it is inevitably that the risk is slightly higher in the first production run.
redface.gif

I've never had hardware issue that requires me to send things back to manufacturer so I hope there won't be one too in i5 
biggrin.gif

Even my old FiiO X3 is still running and the only issues I've had were firmware.

well we have to get them all
wink_face.gif
and sacrifice our wallet

I wish I had the ability to, but I don't think I could... I once kept 3 pairs of headphones and ended up selling two because they were not used that much.
Let alone collecting DAPs...

Jun 15, 2016 at 11:40 AM Post #430 of 3,742
I've had no IEMs/headphones that lasted me at least a year because I kept replacing them out of curiosity. This is unhealthy for me.

I've never had hardware issue that requires me to send things back to manufacturer so I hope there won't be one too in i5 
biggrin.gif

Even my old FiiO X3 is still running and the only issues I've had were firmware.

I wish I had the ability to, but I don't think I could... I once kept 3 pairs of headphones and ended up selling two because they were not used that much.
Let alone collecting DAPs...

everyday 1 dap 1 iem
tongue.gif

at least for me i havent explored into amps and interconnects though i started with the nx1 recently
eek.gif

Jun 16, 2016 at 11:53 PM Post #433 of 3,742
yes andy :p

this is DAP season
on my wantlist now:
cayin i5
ak300
opus1
ibasso dx200 :eek:

:beerchug:

The problem is, we only have 7 days in a week, and you have Monday to Friday all set, so by the time you completed your wantlist, 9 is a difficult number to work with, i suggest you add one more DAP in the list, make it 10 items and you can go trough them on a 10-days based cycle, and 3 cycles per months, that would be perfect. :D :D

Jun 16, 2016 at 11:57 PM Post #434 of 3,742
Is there a plan for a Cayin i6 or something? Balanced and N6 SQ :)  @Andykong

Well, when we were doing the product roadmap, we have more then 1 DAP in the i-series, but that's on conceptual level. In terms of on-going development projects, we don't have another i-series DAP in foreseeable future. :p

Jun 17, 2016 at 2:03 AM Post #435 of 3,742
The problem is, we only have 7 days in a week, and you have Monday to Friday all set, so by the time you completed your wantlist, 9 is a difficult number to work with, i suggest you add one more DAP in the list, make it 10 items and you can go trough them on a 10-days based cycle, and 3 cycles per months, that would be perfect. :D :D
let add Echobox Explorer X1 to the list :smile: thanks Andy for the recommendation :smiley:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back