Cayin HA-6A Class A KT88/EL34 Tube Headphone Amplifier
May 16, 2020 at 8:29 AM Post #136 of 1,937
can i ask if that hiss on balanced is very obvious during between songs or low passages pf music

are all tubes amps that are balanced suffer from noise, like i am looking at woo audio w22. which is bout the same price

did anyone compare cayin ha-6e to woo audio w22
IMG_20200509_005108_505.jpg

So far, not getting any hiss on the WA22 with dynamics. :x

The bigger question is does this happen to other people's units? @GU1DO is getting his delivered, would love to hear his verdict.

May 16, 2020 at 8:35 AM Post #138 of 1,937

The bigger question is does this happen to other people's units? @GU1DO is getting his delivered, would love to hear his verdict.
i watched your video and wonder which will be having the upper hand in sound, I like you want a great tube amp to complement my chord tt2, not a tube amp that sounds like solid state

did u audition the auris euterpe, and its amazing for 1600 usd and I now am ready to take the bigger jump after haring the auris eterpe, also the absolute manely and auris nirvana all got me interested as well

May 16, 2020 at 8:51 AM Post #139 of 1,937
i watched your video and wonder which will be having the upper hand in sound, I like you want a great tube amp to complement my chord tt2, not a tube amp that sounds like solid state

did u audition the auris euterpe, and its amazing for 1600 usd and I now am ready to take the bigger jump after haring the auris eterpe, also the absolute manely and auris nirvana all got me interested as well
I heard the Euterpe at Canjam and loved it! They wouldn't budge on price at the event so I got the Cayin instead :wink:

Will most likely post the video next week!

May 16, 2020 at 12:29 PM Post #140 of 1,937
Oh, and the hiss is noticeable between songs on balanced only. I don't really hear it on single ended unless I look for it or toggle the headphone output switch.

What is the headphone cable you are using? I would like to know the structure of the headphone cable. 4 wire or 8 wires with XLR4 terminated?

If you only hear the noise with balanced headphones but not single-ended, then there is a good chance that the noise is interfere with the headphone cable work. With single-ended, there is a ground signal in the cable, so you won't hear any interfere. For XLR4 balanced headphone cable, it doesn't have ground pin, so if the conductors are not shielded properly, the headphone cable will become ab antenna, picking up noise when connected to the tube headphone amplifier.

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
May 16, 2020 at 2:31 PM Post #141 of 1,937
What is the headphone cable you are using? I would like to know the structure of the headphone cable. 4 wire or 8 wires with XLR4 terminated?

If you only hear the noise with balanced headphones but not single-ended, then there is a good chance that the noise is interfere with the headphone cable work. With single-ended, there is a ground signal in the cable, so you won't hear any interfere. For XLR4 balanced headphone cable, it doesn't have ground pin, so if the conductors are not shielded properly, the headphone cable will become ab antenna, picking up noise when connected to the tube headphone amplifier.
Andy - wouldn't higher power to balanced vs. SE explain the hiss / noise?

May 16, 2020 at 4:26 PM Post #142 of 1,937
IMG_20200509_005108_505.jpg

I am waiting for the tracking # they didn't ship it yet , though i am seeing it popping in really good prices in the chines sites so i guess we will see more feedback next few weeks, tbh i bought this amp primarily for high impedance headphones , so fingers crossed :grin:

May 17, 2020 at 3:00 AM Post #143 of 1,937
This was a super pleasant surprise! The HA-6A easily ran the power hungy ABYSS 1266 TCs with no issues in both TR & UL modes! On High Impedance, the volume knob was at 11 O'Clock and the dynamics, bass response/impact and volume were extremely satisfying. This was fed from my PC -> Hugo 2 -> RCA cables -> Cayin HA-6A. I'm inexperienced with Tube Amps, however, this setup drew a big grin on my face. A quick 10 minutes session before bed turned into something else! :beyersmile:

hi , i was re-reading the whole thread and i just noticed your post ,, do you experience any hiss with any headphone with the HA6A ?

May 18, 2020 at 2:36 PM Post #144 of 1,937
I've HA-1A MKII since 2 week for replace my little dot MK2 tunning (caps, valve, resistors), wowwwww very nice sound with 12AU7 Pvsane, and this day i buy HA-6A i hope receive it this week.
Later I will buy an HD800S, I already have a T90

May 19, 2020 at 10:44 AM Post #147 of 1,937
May 19, 2020 at 10:59 AM Post #148 of 1,937
May 19, 2020 at 11:39 AM Post #149 of 1,937
Nice find! If they say anything about the hiss on dynamics I'll die. Actually if they don't say anything about the hiss I'll die. Either way, I'm :skull:
No please dont die , i like your new YouTube channel :beyersmile: but seriously its not a big deal other than the hassle of shipping it back, btw hiss appear in all tubes you tried ?
Also i just got the tracking # so i started looking for tubes and was wondering how the mullard sound compared to the stock ?

May 19, 2020 at 11:58 AM Post #150 of 1,937
No please dont die , i like your new YouTube channel :beyersmile: but seriously its not a big deal other than the hassle of shipping it back, btw hiss appear in all tubes you tried ?
Also i just got the tracking # so i started looking for tubes and was wondering how the mullard sound compared to the stock ?
Haha thanks. Hiss on every single tube I tried. The WA22 shootout my be a bit delayed as I'm talking with Andy K about the issue. Hopefully we can get it rectified.

From memory on the driver tubee, the new production Mullards I was using make a slight difference but I much preferred the sound from the NOS Sylvanias.

Curious how people will tube roll here. As much as I love tube sound I don't have the patience for trying out 2 dozen tube combinations 🥴

Users who are viewing this thread

Back