Cayin HA-6A Class A KT88/EL34 Tube Headphone Amplifier
May 25, 2020 at 7:41 AM Post #166 of 1,943
Yes i have 2 week for return HA-6A.

Last edited:
May 25, 2020 at 9:39 AM Post #167 of 1,943
I do it, i receive 8 june, but now i'm afraid because there is a hiss output, maybe i delete my request.
i highly suggest you wait and cancel your order

May 25, 2020 at 9:45 AM Post #168 of 1,943
Reading through the thread has left me wondering how loud the hiss is, it seems like it’s only with the balanced output.
Considering the balanced lowest power output 1000mw and can reach 4500mw (depending on tubes and setting) It doesn’t seem that unexpected to me.
On my 1A-HA mk2 I never even go to half volume... maybe I should consider something with less power
its not loud but it is there , to me at this state is unusable , if not fixed i will return it back , i dont think it is a power issue , it is voltage issue , mainly dynamics with all impedance's has the hiss .

May 25, 2020 at 11:11 AM Post #169 of 1,943
its not loud but it is there , to me at this state is unusable , if not fixed i will return it back , i dont think it is a power issue , it is voltage issue , mainly dynamics with all impedance's has the hiss .
seems my hope to own a OT tube amp is not happening again....

May 25, 2020 at 11:50 AM Post #170 of 1,943
All this talk about hiss is concerning with this amp. I wonder if this is why it’s no longer available on Musicteck’s websight? I hope it’s being addressed by Cayin. The balanced output should be more quiet than the SE output in normal situations.

May 25, 2020 at 12:20 PM Post #171 of 1,943
What does Andykong think of this ?

May 25, 2020 at 12:26 PM Post #172 of 1,943
if i understand, it is only on the XLR output that there is the hiss? on the 6.3 jack output there is not this hiss?

May 25, 2020 at 12:28 PM Post #173 of 1,943
Long story short the American distributor has been discussing this with Cayin. Their engineers were able to reproduce the issue and they apparently have a fix but it requires a resistor change, so yes I would hold off on all orders at the time until update their production and have it back on the site.

They are sending me the resistors to try out but it's still in transit. That's about all I know at this point.

Hiss comes from all outputs when using dynamic headphones but is the worst on balanced XLR.

May 25, 2020 at 12:38 PM Post #174 of 1,943
if i understand, it is only on the XLR output that there is the hiss? on the 6.3 jack output there is not this hiss?

To be exact, this problem. hiss on XLR4 outputs when using dynamic headphones, only appear on @Relaxasaurus unit, this is the first instance reported and we are studying it closely. We haven't encountered any other case that exhibit similar problem. We are working with Andrew from Musicteck to resolve this problem, unfortunately Andrew sold his demo unit recently, otherwise they can send a demo unit to Relaxasaurus for crosschecking and as temporary replacement.

Last edited:
Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
May 25, 2020 at 12:41 PM Post #175 of 1,943
All this talk about hiss is concerning with this amp. I wonder if this is why it’s no longer available on Musicteck’s websight? I hope it’s being addressed by Cayin. The balanced output should be more quiet than the SE output in normal situations.
Yeah they pulled it out few days ago , i ordered mine before that, and it is from Cayin china directly, hiss is very clear , problem is that i dont have other tubes , i am expecting new ones within next 2-3 weeks, hopefully Cayin will wait for me to try the new tubes otherwise its going back, crazy thing i was looking for an amp that can power planers and then changed my mind to dynamics, so i thought the HA6A with lower power rating than the HA300 , would be more suitable , this amp can power anything easily, it has crazy amount of power, i cant imagine how is the HA300.

May 25, 2020 at 12:49 PM Post #176 of 1,943
its in both output but it is very high in the balanced output ..

May 25, 2020 at 1:03 PM Post #177 of 1,943
i thought the HA6A with lower power rating than the HA300 , would be more suitable , this amp can power anything easily, it has crazy amount of power, i cant imagine how is the HA300.
Based on a sample of 1 (my buddy's HA300) - no hiss at all. Been a while since we met (thanks COVID-19...) but I really was impressed by the HA300.

May 25, 2020 at 11:59 PM Post #178 of 1,943
Yeah they pulled it out few days ago , i ordered mine before that, and it is from Cayin china directly, hiss is very clear , problem is that i dont have other tubes , i am expecting new ones within next 2-3 weeks, hopefully Cayin will wait for me to try the new tubes otherwise its going back, crazy thing i was looking for an amp that can power planers and then changed my mind to dynamics, so i thought the HA6A with lower power rating than the HA300 , would be more suitable , this amp can power anything easily, it has crazy amount of power, i cant imagine how is the HA300.
on earlier HA300 forum, some also had hissing issue.... think they've fixed it by now.

May 26, 2020 at 3:39 AM Post #179 of 1,943

Let me help you to trace your case, I need the serial number of your HA-6A, will send you an PM to start the follow up process. :beerchug:

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
May 26, 2020 at 6:59 AM Post #180 of 1,943
Let me help you to trace your case, I need the serial number of your HA-6A, will send you an PM to start the follow up process. :beerchug:
Thank you very much for the care and support.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back