Cayin HA-300MK2 (2022) TOTL Transformer coupled Direct Heated Triode Tube HeadAmp (Page 91)
Apr 14, 2024 at 12:40 AM Post #6,106 of 6,408
I think between 5-10. Thats actual time with a signal going through not power on time. Power on time would be maybe 20+ hours.

It continues to get better btw. I am really getting impressed
Well that would explain a great deal.

That's not even remotely enough to judge a amp, the capacitors change a great deal with burn in as they form and my dad (an old school 2 channel Audiophile) says that transformers need hundreds of hours to fully burn in before you hear it's final sound.

Dad's a full adherent that anything that the signal goes through will change with burn in, some things much more than others and requiring varying lengths of time.
Got to give a full size amp like this it's fair time burning in before you can even begin to judge it. My Yggdrasil also did sound like ass for the first several days.

Apr 14, 2024 at 2:52 AM Post #6,107 of 6,408
This little bugger was the but that died on me and been causing the problems I had. Cost me a good S$380 (parts + workmanship).

IMG_4522.jpeg

Apr 14, 2024 at 3:12 AM Post #6,108 of 6,408
I've been reading on EML website about the mesh and I also have no idea 🙈😂
Been trying to ask since 2022... still hoping that an answer will come someday~

Apr 14, 2024 at 4:39 AM Post #6,109 of 6,408
you can always just ping @Andykong and ask about which other 300B tubes can be used in the mk2; im curious as well

Andy, if you see this, it would be nice to know which 300B can be used; what specs to look out for (e.g. anode dissipation, etc).
Most of us want to know which 300B from Emission Labs can be used without issue (300B, 300B-Mesh, 300B-XLS). Official Datasheets are on the website.

A similar question has been asked some time ago but there was no direct response.

Hope to hear from you soon!

Apr 14, 2024 at 4:41 AM Post #6,110 of 6,408
I know two people who were using the EML Mesh 300b in their Cayins without any difficulty but that doesn't mean of course they didn't get lucky.

@Andykong Is there any reason we shouldn't use this tube in the Cayin HA300 MKII?

Apr 14, 2024 at 4:57 AM Post #6,112 of 6,408
Is it a volume board? How did you diagnose it?
Yes, its the attenuator board. I didn't. Sent in the entire set and they returned it with the board swapped out. Have no idea how this particular part died.

Apr 14, 2024 at 8:23 AM Post #6,114 of 6,408
I know two people who were using the EML Mesh 300b in their Cayins without any difficulty but that doesn't mean of course they didn't get lucky.
That's major news, I've yet to hear about people using them before this comment.
Means we can use it, you can't get lucky with something like this, either our amp is compatible with it's specs or it's not.

Apr 14, 2024 at 11:44 AM Post #6,115 of 6,408
Does anyone have recommendations for the CV6 adapters? With Deyans the connectors at the top are only initially tight but after a few uses become so loose they are connected with zero resistance keeping then in place unfortunately :[

Apr 14, 2024 at 11:46 AM Post #6,116 of 6,408
Does anyone have recommendations for the CV6 adapters? With Deyans the connectors at the top are only initially tight but after a few uses become so loose they are connected with zero resistance keeping then in place unfortunately :[
I think you have to get into a routine of repinching them using a small screwdriver. Mine are like it too. Not a major issue, but annoying.

Apr 14, 2024 at 11:51 AM Post #6,117 of 6,408
I think you have to get into a routine of repinching them using a small screwdriver. Mine are like it too. Not a major issue, but annoying.
Repinch? Well thats good news if their is an easy way to get these connections tight again. How do I repinch 😅 ?

Apr 14, 2024 at 2:21 PM Post #6,119 of 6,408
The ones I got look the same as Krude.
There were 3 types i saw. Solid Copper, Copper with a gap in the middle and then the silver versions with two gaps like yours. I have coin base versions that looks like these silvers as well as NOS. I think they might be later.

Apr 14, 2024 at 4:06 PM Post #6,120 of 6,408
There were 3 types i saw. Solid Copper, Copper with a gap in the middle and then the silver versions with two gaps like yours. I have coin base versions that looks like these silvers as well as NOS. I think they might be later.
In the end of the day, Japan, UK, Russia, China, NOS.......as long as they sound good to my ear that's all that really matters to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back