Cayin HA-300MK2 (2022) TOTL Transformer coupled Direct Heated Triode Tube HeadAmp (Page 91)
Apr 14, 2024 at 4:14 PM Post #6,121 of 6,283
Watching.... Now to speed read the 400+ pages of info xD

great tube amp from what my friend has shared with his experiences and likely my end-game tube option down the road

Apr 14, 2024 at 6:06 PM Post #6,122 of 6,283
It really is an end-game level amp. Please dont let the negative dogma take hold of your thinking. Some have been very disparaging regarding the Cayin HA-300B MK2 in terms of price and country of origin etc. The truth is it's a fantastically designed and built unit with premium parts used throughout. You get alot of iron for your money. Add in a budget as your comfortable with for NOS driver tubes and some new 300B output tubes and this baby will show you the light. It scales and shows its strength and grace in a wonderful way.

Apr 14, 2024 at 6:08 PM Post #6,123 of 6,283
What?? I've never heard or read a single negative comment on this amp regarding country or price, and I read through this entire thread. Where are these negative comments you're talking about :'D

Apr 14, 2024 at 6:10 PM Post #6,124 of 6,283
What?? I've never heard or read a single negative comment on this amp regarding country or price, and I read through this entire thread. Where are these negative comments you're talking about :'D
I'm a member of a Los Angeles based audio group. I've had a few people share some views to me personally.

Apr 15, 2024 at 12:28 AM Post #6,125 of 6,283
I know two people who were using the EML Mesh 300b in their Cayins without any difficulty but that doesn't mean of course they didn't get lucky.

@Andykong Is there any reason we shouldn't use this tube in the Cayin HA300 MKII?
Could you please make it clearer — were these amps the HA-300? Someone could make generalization that any Cayin amp should fit.

Apr 15, 2024 at 1:23 AM Post #6,126 of 6,283
Thanks! I've bought from him and will reach out again.\

It actually mostly corrected itself with a little time. And since I've swapped to EML 300b mesh tubes, and rolled various 6SN7s. Absolutely lovely amp. Atrium is still noisy-ish depending on tubes, but it seems like that's a pretty common theme.
Maybe @Aeonyx can help chip in?

Apr 15, 2024 at 4:32 AM Post #6,127 of 6,283
Could you please make it clearer — were these amps the HA-300? Someone could make generalization that any Cayin amp should fit.
Just double checked the details - Skedra (Viking Weaves Cables) ran the EML Mesh on his Cayin HA-300 MKII without any issues.

Apr 15, 2024 at 4:36 AM Post #6,128 of 6,283
Just double checked the details - Skedra (Viking Weaves Cables) ran the EML Mesh on his Cayin HA-300 MKII without any issues.
Nice one, it just landed on my shopping list : )

Btw if anyone has some spare 22DE4 Sylvanias in EU or knows where to source some let me know. I've been rolling rectos recently and Sylvanias gel the best with my system at the moment, but I only have 3 and I need to supplement with one GE.

Apr 15, 2024 at 8:21 AM Post #6,129 of 6,283
Nice one, it just landed on my shopping list : )

Btw if anyone has some spare 22DE4 Sylvanias in EU or knows where to source some let me know. I've been rolling rectos recently and Sylvanias gel the best with my system at the moment, but I only have 3 and I need to supplement with one GE.
I think i might have some sylvanias ... let me look tonight. I have Raytheon Greyplates, and both GEC and Sylvania NOS as well as most coin base. Im just not sure how many sylvanias i have, but i do need to get them sold as i wont use them again. PM me.

Apr 15, 2024 at 5:42 PM Post #6,130 of 6,283
I received 4x 6J5GT Pinnacle tubes from Langrex. I requested that the four tubes be matched because I wanted to use them as a matched quad-set in my Cayin HA300MK2 amp. The 4x tubes I received do not have details or any measurements so I have no evidence that they were matched. If you purchased those tubes from Langrex, as recommended by Wes, what evidence do you have that they were matched? Do they include measurements supplied with the tubes? What type of measurements?

Jeff.

Apr 15, 2024 at 5:45 PM Post #6,131 of 6,283
I received 4x 6J5GT Pinnacle tubes from Langrex. I requested that the four tubes be matched because I wanted to use them as a matched quad-set in my Cayin HA300MK2 amp. The 4x tubes I received do not have details or any measurements so I have no evidence that they were matched. If you purchased those tubes from Langrex, as recommended by Wes, what evidence do you have that they were matched? Do they include measurements supplied with the tubes? What type of measurements?

Jeff.

I don't recall ever seeing any measurements or indication of matching with anything I've gotten from Langrex.

Apr 15, 2024 at 6:03 PM Post #6,132 of 6,283
I don't recall ever seeing any measurements or indication of matching with anything I've gotten from Langrex.
You can pay to have them matched. You have to ask for it to be marked which surprises me too. It seems common practise on Ebay to mark boxes (for what its worth!)

Apr 15, 2024 at 6:06 PM Post #6,133 of 6,283
You can pay to have them matched. You have to ask for it to be marked which surprises me too. It seems common practise on Ebay to mark boxes (for what its worth!)

Ah, I think that's the disconnect. I've had things matched, but never specifically asked for markings.

Apr 15, 2024 at 6:33 PM Post #6,135 of 6,283
I did extra pay to have them matched. If there are no measurements provided on the box or tube, how do I know that they were matched?

Jeff.
Trust...

I agree with you Jeff, make sure you ask for them to be marked next time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back