Cayin C9: Dual Nutube, Fully Balanced Class A/AB Portable HeadAmp
Aug 14, 2021 at 1:32 PM Post #4,831 of 6,212
The stack is cool, but you realize it’s not really usable unless someone buys a Cayin N6ii? Any chance that is part of your sale @Whitigir ?
I also agree with @jmills8 above

I too have a lot of high end DAPs (Cayin N8, Ibasso 220Max, Hiby R8) which are way better than stock N6ii (that comes with A01) - This is just my perspective and this will not be universally acceptable as everyone's tastes are different. I simply feel C9 is here to give more interesting sound signatures with each of the DAPs based on synergy.

I have seen enough comments here to see "N6ii+A02+C9 is godly" or "DX300+Amp12+C9 is godly" or something else. Does this mean someone need to purchase those 2 DAPs for the sake of pairing with C9 ?

Lets all enjoy the music ! Having a portable amp like C9 with variety of sound signatures it offers gives you option to play DAPs years from now regardless how they are priced. I am happy to see something of this kind exists.

Aug 14, 2021 at 1:47 PM Post #4,833 of 6,212
The stack is cool, but you realize it’s not really usable unless someone buys a Cayin N6ii? Any chance that is part of your sale @Whitigir ?
My stack is Cayin C9+ N6ii+A02+T01 modified + Pure gold interconnect + Orbtronic batteries + Pelican carrying case + N6ii Dignis case + I2S cables in this transaction

Should there be something else ? Unless you meant a second N6ii to go with that T01 in order to use both at the same time LOL :wink:

anyways, shoot me PM if anyone is seriously interested

Last edited:
Aug 14, 2021 at 2:23 PM Post #4,834 of 6,212
You’re right! It actually includes the Cayin N6ii. @Whitigir - ignore. This is an incredible combo

Aug 18, 2021 at 10:54 AM Post #4,838 of 6,212
When I listened to it in Vacuum Mode, the warm air fills the space with a slight reverberation. Some amps have a strong tube-like feel, which reduces sound clarity, but the C9's resolution is quite good.
I agree with you.

Aug 18, 2021 at 5:13 PM Post #4,839 of 6,212
Just picked up my Van Nuys carrying case. Trying out a pair of the belt hangers. Not bad. It might be a bit much to wear in the office though.

IMG_1708.jpg

Last edited:
Aug 18, 2021 at 5:36 PM Post #4,840 of 6,212
Just picked up my Van Nuys carrying case. Trying out a pair of the belt hangers. Not bad. It might be a bit much to wear in the office though.

Wowowow there's a lady magnet if I ever saw one

days-of-our-lives-dool.gif

Aug 19, 2021 at 4:29 PM Post #4,845 of 6,212
...and in the meanwhile, my (!) C9 with a dead tube is waiting to be shipped to US, and be sent back to me - process that would take 2 to 3 months. Of course, they also have to send it to China. Apparently the original buyer had no problem and it got broken during shipment and a C9 with a dead tube landed on my table - which sucks big time. I learned from the dealer that there was one more person that had a similar issue.

Did you guys experience any repairs from US to China? How long did it take for you?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back