Cayin C9: Dual Nutube, Fully Balanced Class A/AB Portable HeadAmp
Aug 20, 2021 at 11:47 AM Post #4,847 of 6,232
I always chuckled at those people who had those huge DAP + Amp stacks and a bunch of other things tied together for carrying around everywhere. As luck would have it, I'm now doing something like that on my own and can't let go of it.

The Dunu Zen sounds absolutely grand on the Lotoo PAW 6000 + Cayin C9 combo. The transparency level is off the charts and the Cayin C9 reminds me of a more refined Cayin iHA-6 (one of my most favorite desk amps under $1000). It doesn't have the raw power of the iHA-6 but the refinement is very noticeable with IEMs, and the dynamism on display is very addictive.

Overall, I've mostly stuck with the class-A circuit (solid state mode). Tried the tube mode but on the Zen and Final Sonorous III it wasn't that good a match. Perhaps with some other IEMs. So far, the Cayin C9 has won me over. Definitely an end-game portable amp. I will compare against the iFi iDSD Signature and the iDSD Diablo in the full review.

IMG_0998.jpg

Aug 25, 2021 at 7:17 PM Post #4,850 of 6,232
I revisited the English Cayin website for the C9 today. Somehow I stumbled over the word ”REDESIGNED“ in caps where the tube timbre circuit is presented, cf. the enclosed image.

I do wonder whether this word has been there from the first day of the C9, and what it means - redesigned as compared to what?

Actually, I just want to make sure that all C9‘s are created equal, i.e. that there has not been a design change at some serial number.

Attachments

• 95B8EE42-7A01-463A-80A4-50BB53D291AD.jpeg
    95B8EE42-7A01-463A-80A4-50BB53D291AD.jpeg
    659 KB · Views: 0
Aug 25, 2021 at 7:39 PM Post #4,851 of 6,232
I revisited the English Cayin website for the C9 today. Somehow I stumbled over the word ”REDESIGNED“ in caps where the tube timbre circuit is presented, cf. the enclosed image.

I do wonder whether this word has been there from the first day of the C9, and what it means - redesigned as compared to what?

Actually, I just want to make sure that all C9‘s are created equal, i.e. that there has not been a design change at some serial number.
It had always been there, and it probably meant that this redesign is coming from the N8 printed circuit NuTube, this is the successor of the design from N8

Aug 27, 2021 at 3:52 PM Post #4,858 of 6,232

Users who are viewing this thread

Back