Cayin C9: Dual Nutube, Fully Balanced Class A/AB Portable HeadAmp
Jul 19, 2021 at 6:09 AM Post #4,683 of 6,236
Exactly same with me, except they rejected my passport. Gave up in the end. Too much hassle.
Well I uploaded my driving license and got rejected as there was no registered address on my license. I just sent a utility bill showing my residential address and then all was good....

Just to share if that s how some of you were stuck in the registration process .

Jul 19, 2021 at 9:11 AM Post #4,684 of 6,236
Well I uploaded my driving license and got rejected as there was no registered address on my license. I just sent a utility bill showing my residential address and then all was good....

Just to share if that s how some of you were stuck in the registration process .
My driver's license has my home address. Not sure how providing a utility bill would help. I understand that there are international laws that need to be followed. But I can definitely say that Van Nuy's stance on shipping product over seas by using a freight forwarder is the most effective sales prevention vehicle I've seen in this industry.

Jul 19, 2021 at 9:19 PM Post #4,685 of 6,236
Just recieved the cable, big improvement.
GND or not haha
20210720_080234.jpg

Last edited:
Jul 19, 2021 at 9:27 PM Post #4,686 of 6,236
Jul 22, 2021 at 7:21 PM Post #4,688 of 6,236
I am beginning to question my priorities.

Attachments

• IMG_1684.jpg
    IMG_1684.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1682.jpg
    IMG_1682.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1685.jpg
    IMG_1685.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
Jul 22, 2021 at 7:34 PM Post #4,689 of 6,236
Jul 23, 2021 at 12:37 PM Post #4,691 of 6,236
Jul 24, 2021 at 9:06 PM Post #4,693 of 6,236
My driver's license has my home address. Not sure how providing a utility bill would help. I understand that there are international laws that need to be followed. But I can definitely say that Van Nuy's stance on shipping product over seas by using a freight forwarder is the most effective sales prevention vehicle I've seen in this industry.
You have to understand, Van Nuys does not care at all about selling to customers outside of Japan. Some small companies here will refuse shipment to known forwarders even. By not selling direct to customers overseas, it absolves them of all responsibility for dealing with any issues, which would take up too much of their time.

My wife works for a small company that sells a large variety of goods. For a while, they were selling Japanese stationary to people in the US via Amazon. Even before COVID, due to how messed up delivery is in the US from weather and other events, they had to have dedicated staff to deal with the complaints about products not arriving the next day (even though the shipping was stated as being a couple of weeks at least) and the A-Z guarantee, which even failed with products fulfilled by Amazon. So, in the end, they gave up and stuck to selling inside Japan only.

About the address issue when using a forwarder: We had a scammer here some years ago who was clever, and would ask people for ID, such as a passport, which he would then use to scam others! So, proving your address matches prevents that.

Jul 25, 2021 at 7:11 AM Post #4,694 of 6,236
I haven't been to this thread in a long time but the C9 is still by my side, months after purchase, making everything I plug into it sound several times better. Earbuds have become a new interest of mine and the higher impedance ones really sound nice from the C9 in Tube mode.

I have recently also found an incredible synergy with the Geek Wold GK10 IEM, which is only $45 dollars, but with an incredibly low impedance and high power requirement to shine the C9 is a life saver. If anyone wants to treat themselves to a cheap IEM that punches well above its price point with a good C9 synergy - go for it! I'm in no way affiliated to the sellers of this IEM by the way, I've just spent the last 3 days in awe of the sound this and the C9 produces. A stellar combo!

Jul 25, 2021 at 7:19 AM Post #4,695 of 6,236
You have to understand, Van Nuys does not care at all about selling to customers outside of Japan. Some small companies here will refuse shipment to known forwarders even. By not selling direct to customers overseas, it absolves them of all responsibility for dealing with any issues, which would take up too much of their time.

My wife works for a small company that sells a large variety of goods. For a while, they were selling Japanese stationary to people in the US via Amazon. Even before COVID, due to how messed up delivery is in the US from weather and other events, they had to have dedicated staff to deal with the complaints about products not arriving the next day (even though the shipping was stated as being a couple of weeks at least) and the A-Z guarantee, which even failed with products fulfilled by Amazon. So, in the end, they gave up and stuck to selling inside Japan only.

About the address issue when using a forwarder: We had a scammer here some years ago who was clever, and would ask people for ID, such as a passport, which he would then use to scam others! So, proving your address matches prevents that.
If they don't care about selling to people outside of Japan, then the should stop allowing their products to be sold outside of Japan. They endorse the freight forwarders and the experience in using them stinks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back