Cayin C9: Dual Nutube, Fully Balanced Class A/AB Portable HeadAmp
Oct 7, 2020 at 9:55 AM Post #92 of 6,234
Ah you noticed

:laughing:

Didn't get Andy to reveal anything though :p

1602078910561.png

Oct 7, 2020 at 10:40 AM Post #93 of 6,234
The way Cayin is doling out oodles of output power on its new devices, I won't be surprised if one could use C9 for even desktop amplification needs associated with full-size dynamic headphones of >250ohm. I just hope tube rolling would be made possible. I sure would love to know if this looks a promising enough alternative to Bottlehead Crack +Speedball especially for desktop use with Sennheiser HD6XX or Clear Professional. I never tried Bottlehead but heard it is not good for low impedance cans that might see bass getting rolled off.

As someone has pointed out, you can't tube rolling with C9, we use a pair of KORG Nutube 6P1, it has very unique form factor so there isn't any substitute tube available.

The Focus Audio Clear or Clear Professional are not demanding headphones, the C9 should have no problem with them. The HD6xx line is another matters, HD600 > HD650 > HD660 in terms of loading, so I would say C9 should handle HD660 alright, and HD600 is wait and see.

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Oct 7, 2020 at 11:49 AM Post #95 of 6,234
Really looking forward to this. No hiss with the Andromeda and VE8 would be great !

I have tried Andromeda already, it hiss, but it sounds good. :sweat_smile:

Last edited:

Oct 7, 2020 at 1:18 PM Post #96 of 6,234
I have tried Andromeda already, it hiss, but it sounds good. :sweat_smile:
I think Andromeda is so sensitive that it hisses even when not plugged to anything... :wink:

Oct 9, 2020 at 1:25 AM Post #99 of 6,234
Oct 9, 2020 at 12:13 PM Post #100 of 6,234
All good things come to those who wait :wink:

... and able to afford the new toy :D

I was just talking to someone who said that he blew though his 2020 audio gear budget and can't buy anything else this year, but he just must have C9 even so he doesn't have need for it lol!!!!

Last edited:
Oct 9, 2020 at 12:34 PM Post #101 of 6,234
... and able to afford the new toy :D I was just talking to someone who said that he blew though his 2020 audio gear budget and can't buy anything else this year, but he just must have C9 even so he doesn't have need for it lol!!!!

That's what xMas is for :)

Some of us are past budget anyway so, what's a C9 on top :p

Oct 9, 2020 at 12:54 PM Post #102 of 6,234
That's what xMas is for :)

Some of us are past budget anyway so, what's a C9 on top :p
I think we all need to go to the rehab and try to kick this extremely pleasurable and disgusting habit... Lol...

I like this model myself and want to know how to use it with the Ibasso dx 200 max dap?

The C9 is just and amp, meaning no player, correct? So, how would I connect these two amplifiers together?

Oct 9, 2020 at 1:03 PM Post #103 of 6,234
I think we all need to go to the rehab and try to kick this extremely pleasurable and disgusting habit... Lol...

I like this model myself and want to know how to use it with the Ibasso dx 200 max dap?

The C9 is just and amp, meaning no player, correct? So, how would I connect these two amplifiers together?

The straight forward option is to connect DX220Max line out to C9 input. Does DX220Max has unamp. balanced line out?

Oct 9, 2020 at 2:11 PM Post #104 of 6,234
Bass boost option would great on C9. Already it has many SQ options, but some IEM lack bass and it would be fun to have boost.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back