Cayin C9: Dual Nutube, Fully Balanced Class A/AB Portable HeadAmp
Mar 4, 2021 at 2:44 PM Post #1,967 of 6,212
How many post does it take to become supremious?
The better question is how many posts does it take to empty your bank account?

Mar 4, 2021 at 2:45 PM Post #1,968 of 6,212
The better question is how many posts does it take to empty your bank account?
I can assure you that @DaYooper doesnt post much, but his bank account is either unlimited or has already been emptied a few times. Just take a couple serious minutes going through his inventory listed and you will realize it

Mar 4, 2021 at 2:48 PM Post #1,971 of 6,212
I got an ETA today for my pre-order from a UK dealer that they should have it by end of month....
Very nice!!! I hope you are ready for it !!

A02 and some MQA test with Neutron
BF7CF196-C2CA-4AC4-8584-EA561E3FD72D.jpeg

Mar 4, 2021 at 11:18 PM Post #1,973 of 6,212

Attachments

• images-7-1.jpg
    images-7-1.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 0
Mar 5, 2021 at 4:37 AM Post #1,974 of 6,212
I follow this thread for a while now, but I am not sure to clearly understand if :
-> a WM1A or a WM1Z can feed correctly the C9 with their 4.4mm balanced input, as there is no line out available on such Sony's dap.
-> if it's possible to use with very good sound results an headphone 4.4mm output, can a WM1A with headphone output still get better results than DAPs with a real/proper line out (like R6pro V1, Fiio F11, KannAlpha).

Actually, as far I can compare all of these DAP through their headphone balanced output, the best results through some external amp like the monolith THX887 is definitely the WM1A. For sure there is an improvement through that little amp for all my DAP via 4.4MM to 2 x XLR connection.
Basically, with the C9, can a proper line out (ex : KannAlpha with 4 available line out voltage 1.4V, 2V, 2.5V, 4V) outperform a WM1A (restricted/limited with 4.4mm output) ? or is it better to wait Cayin produce a more or less dedicated DAP for the C9 (with some PEQ adjustments available ?) as none of my actual DAPs will correctly feed the "expansive" C9.

I intend to use a IER-Z1R/Ultrasone Ed15 Veritas or Z7M2 .. and waiting to find a alternative of a more portable and easier to drive HEDDphone

Mar 5, 2021 at 5:24 AM Post #1,975 of 6,212
I follow this thread for a while now, but I am not sure to clearly understand if :
-> a WM1A or a WM1Z can feed correctly the C9 with their 4.4mm balanced input, as there is no line out available on such Sony's dap.
-> if it's possible to use with very good sound results an headphone 4.4mm output, can a WM1A with headphone output still get better results than DAPs with a real/proper line out (like R6pro V1, Fiio F11, KannAlpha).

The C9 can do this - look at the preamp function.

7538345C-7E39-4338-A108-171BA586AED3.jpeg

I've been listening (in bed hehe) to my old Fostex TH600 (which I bought over the TH900 at the time)...

The Utopia is so markedly superior, when compared directly out of a DX300, that the TH600 is basically unusable. I slightly regret even listening to this, I only did it because I forgot to bring the interconnect upstairs and was lazy to walk downstairs. I lasted half a song before I decided to walk downstairs.

However, out of the C9 the improvement is so substantial that - although it's never better than the Utopia - I guess I'll keep it just for a different signature. Quite a fun signature!

Mar 5, 2021 at 9:36 AM Post #1,976 of 6,212
I just got Campfire Solaris 2020. With the C9. I litterly dropped my jaw. Amazing.

Also, just got the iDac 6 mk2. Another fantastic piece of equipment. And this is only using Pre out to amped speakers. (Interconnects coming tomorrow) Then, via Liquid Platinum, then the ZMFs come out... (My wife and daughter simply don't understand.)

Now, this is all because of you guys that I'm spending all this money! <grin> That, and I was very fortunate having a successful consulting practice and the ability to start decreasing my work hours. Work hard, don't be an a-hole to others, and you will reap the benefits (if you haven't already).

Mar 5, 2021 at 9:39 AM Post #1,977 of 6,212
I just got Campfire Solaris 2020. With the C9. I litterly dropped my jaw. Amazing.

Also, just got the iDac 6 mk2. Another fantastic piece of equipment. And this is only using Pre out to amped speakers. (Interconnects coming tomorrow) Then, via Liquid Platinum, then the ZMFs come out... (My wife and daughter simply don't understand.)

Now, this is all because of you guys that I'm spending all this money! <grin> That, and I was very fortunate having a successful consulting practice and the ability to start decreasing my work hours. Work hard, don't be an a-hole to others, and you will reap the benefits (if you haven't already).
Congrats! Looks like we have one more Cayin fan here. I have certainly become one myself with C9. :)

Mar 5, 2021 at 9:48 AM Post #1,978 of 6,212

Congratulations and welcome to the club
Congrats! Looks like we have one more Cayin fan here. I have certainly become one myself with C9. :)
Agreed! I am kinda worried about what Cayin is brewing ... I don’t want to reach in the pocket lol

Mar 5, 2021 at 12:17 PM Post #1,980 of 6,212
Well... I've got my C9 pre-order in for end of March delivery ... got my heatsinks at the ready.... waiting for the battery case release.... but can't find any batteries!

Attachments

• 20210305_170025.jpg
    20210305_170025.jpg
    650.6 KB · Views: 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back