Cayin C9: Dual Nutube, Fully Balanced Class A/AB Portable HeadAmp
Mar 4, 2021 at 12:39 PM Post #1,951 of 6,233
Audio Note, and DNA (using Audio Note transformers :wink:)

M30 uses five 18650s.. but I gave up on it immediately because the interface was going to be equivalent to the M8 (same chip and Android 7).

I'm likely going to listen to a HA-300 soon though - but I think that is only a possible purchase after CV-19 ends entirely, I might put it in the office then... hahahha.

Mar 4, 2021 at 12:47 PM Post #1,952 of 6,233
Audio Note, and DNA (using Audio Note transformers :wink:)

M30 uses five 18650s.. but I gave up on it immediately because the interface was going to be equivalent to the M8 (same chip and Android 7).

I'm likely going to listen to a HA-300 soon though - but I think that is only a possible purchase after CV-19 ends entirely, I might put it in the office then... hahahha.
There are devices that uses those transformers for sure :). The M30 can take DC-in as well, and you are right on, the stock module will be about an M8. Why not an M8 with a C9 already lol?

Now what the C9 needs will be a way to run off the wall AC —LOL!! But it gotta be Balanced Linear Regulated PSU

Mar 4, 2021 at 1:46 PM Post #1,953 of 6,233
Now what the C9 needs will be a way to run off the wall AC
It does, charging up the spare batteries while listening and discharging the installed batteries. Simple eh? Now what we need is for Cayin to tell us about the spare battery trays or even to ship the pre-ordered amps.

Mar 4, 2021 at 1:48 PM Post #1,954 of 6,233
It does, charging up the spare batteries while listening and discharging the installed batteries. Simple eh? Now what we need is for Cayin to tell us about the spare battery trays or even to ship the pre-ordered amps.
Just seems Cayin and Andy has been busy lately. I am really curious about how much this battery tray is going to be

Mar 4, 2021 at 1:52 PM Post #1,955 of 6,233
They are back ordered for around 300 units of C9 currently... Will take a while to just complete these orders, but Cayin has made it quite clear that this is their current priority. :)

Mar 4, 2021 at 1:56 PM Post #1,956 of 6,233
Basically the situation was Cayin prepared enough parts for 500 units of C9 for the first batch of production, and they expected this to be enough for at least half a year’s demand. The pre-launch market response was not so good back then when they announced the price. Cayin said they basically were persuading some of their dealers to stock a few C9.

However, to everyone’s surprise, they sold the entire first batch in less than a month. :sweat_smile:

Mar 4, 2021 at 1:59 PM Post #1,957 of 6,233
Basically the situation was Cayin prepared enough parts for 500 units of C9 for the first batch of production, and they expected this to be enough for at least half a year’s demand. The pre-launch market response was not so good back then when they announced the price. Cayin said they basically were persuading some of their dealers to stock a few C9.

However, to everyone’s surprise, they sold the entire first batch in less than a month. :sweat_smile:
LOL!!!! That was nice right ? Now we need more True Line Out source

If Cayin don’t have parts for C9, then they should have Battery tray available ?

Mar 4, 2021 at 2:04 PM Post #1,958 of 6,233
LOL!!!! That was nice right ? Now we need more True Line Out source

If Cayin don’t have parts for C9, then they should have Battery tray available ?
The problem is they may not have all the parts for the battery tray either. Their current plan is to do the production all-together: both C9 and the battery tray.

Mar 4, 2021 at 2:16 PM Post #1,959 of 6,233

I was reading through all that and had to laugh. People saying under $1000 is the Max and no way this would sell at this price only for this to happen.
So if 300 are back ordered that means they sold 800 in the first month? Damn that’s good

Mar 4, 2021 at 2:32 PM Post #1,962 of 6,233
Mar 4, 2021 at 2:41 PM Post #1,965 of 6,233
See, like the on 20210304_143950.jpges these are for.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back