Cavalli Liquid Gold
Apr 19, 2013 at 4:08 PM Post #91 of 415
Also for the record, I'm not suggesting the price of the LAu is primarily because of vendors. The internals are absolutely gorgeous (some shots have been posted on head-fi) and the casework is top notch, some of the nicest I've seen. Sonically it plays on the level of tube amps with similar price tags. A lot has gone into this amp.

Dr. Cavalli is putting out the finest work he's ever done now IMHO. The LG, LL2, and now LAu are really stepping up the game so to speak.

Apr 19, 2013 at 4:08 PM Post #92 of 415
Quote:
I will say I enjoyed the sound of the LAu (particularly soundstage and tone) more than the GS-X 1 I had, but I have heard the V2 makes improvements so I'm not certain how the two would compare.

sorry, where you listened the LAu?

Apr 19, 2013 at 4:35 PM Post #97 of 415
Nice. The LAu works well with the NAD M51, which is the DAC I'm after. Can't believe the Mytek and ODAC sound awful with the LAu which shows how inferior those 2 DACs are with a few sources.

Apr 19, 2013 at 5:26 PM Post #100 of 415
Also for the record, I'm not suggesting the price of the LAu is primarily because of vendors. The internals are absolutely gorgeous (some shots have been posted on head-fi) and the casework is top notch, some of the nicest I've seen. Sonically it plays on the level of tube amps with similar price tags. A lot has gone into this amp.

Dr. Cavalli is putting out the finest work he's ever done now IMHO. The LG, LL2, and now LAu are really stepping up the game so to speak.

Absolutely. It's added some cost but the new build quality (and some of the parts) are a big step up from what we've seen in the past. Build wise it's pretty much flawless, IMO.

I hope Cavalli Audio isn't commericialized, but still the same company that develops their headphone amps with interest and passion. I know their products are still considered niche, but audio-minded people appreciate what Cavalli Audio has to offer.

Alex isn't changing the way he builds things or creates. He's just trying to keep the abilitty to do what he does best.

Apr 19, 2013 at 8:32 PM Post #101 of 415
Quote:
Absolutely. It's added some cost but the new build quality (and some of the parts) are a big step up from what we've seen in the past. Build wise it's pretty much flawless, IMO.
Alex isn't changing the way he builds things or creates. He's just trying to keep the ability to do what he does best.

That's great to hear then. I know the LAu will be a great solid-state headphone amp. Just need good headphones and a good DAC to go with the LAu.

Apr 19, 2013 at 10:00 PM Post #103 of 415
And so it goes, I guess. Future LAu owner reporting for duty 
biggrin.gif
. Can't wait to take delivery. Once I do, I'll post some impressions.

Alex, any thoughts on the timeline?

Apr 20, 2013 at 2:15 AM Post #105 of 415
Tom is correct.

The Cavalli Liquid Gold will be doing battle with the new similarly priced Luxman P700u at today's Long Island New York Meet. Source will be a PS Audio PWD II /PWT stack.

Ethan

Users who are viewing this thread

Back