Cavalli Audio's Liquid Carbon Owners Impressions
Sep 17, 2017 at 4:31 AM Post #2,701 of 2,966
Anyone remember the warranty details on v1 and v2 of the Cavalli in house versions? I seem to recall v1 had a better one, was it transferable? Lifetime?
Thanks (seeing if there is any benefit to buyers who bought from Cavalli).

As I recall the LC V1 has lifetime warranty and is transferable. The LC V2 had a 1 year warranty. Not sure if it was transferable but I would imagine it is. I have a LC V1 #26.

I would expect the LC V1 to retain most of it's value due to lifetime warranty! At least as long as Cavalli Audio is in business anyway!

Last edited:
Sep 17, 2017 at 4:57 AM Post #2,702 of 2,966
That's what I remember, thanks!

Sep 17, 2017 at 1:19 PM Post #2,705 of 2,966
So V2 was the worst deal of the three
V1 vs V2 vs LCX
V2 ordered after the pre-order period was over was the worst deal.

V1 - $600, issues with volume pot and SE connection was sub-par.
V2 pre-order - Above issues solved plus free high end power cord(Audioquest NRG X3).
V2(after pre-order) - Power cord not offered + issues solved.
LCX - Can't experiment with Power Cords due to external brick but at this price range, the prospective buyer is probably not interested in experimenting with power cords anyway.

Sep 17, 2017 at 3:50 PM Post #2,706 of 2,966
Is really laid back? I would like a tinge of warmness to tame my lcd X?

The big "if" here is whether the LC-X really sounds identical to a Cavalli-manufactured Liquid Carbon.

Assuming it does--I own & really love the LC v2.0, and can assure you that it really has a tinge of warmth. It is also somewhat laid back--not in the sense of lacking dynamics, but in the sense of never pushing hard-edged transients through your brain like a big power drill.

While being somewhat warm and organic sounding, this amp has serious balls & the 2nd best bass I've ever heard from an amp (the best is from the V281, which costs nearly 3X what the LC does).

I've also noticed that the LC has the unusual characteristic of being able to "lock in" with certain headphones, and not ones you might expect. I've gotten amazing sound out of my LC on 2 somwhat warm-sounding headphones around, the Fidelio X2s and the E-Mu Teaks. This is interesting because on paper, at least, the LC should not sound good with these phones. But it obviously does.

Sep 19, 2017 at 11:49 AM Post #2,707 of 2,966
I've been following this discussion about the LCX and the impact on the value of the LC1 & LC2. Interesting, for sure, but I'm going to keep my LC2. Paired with Elear HP's I have absolutely no complaints. I agree with others about the LC's ability to "lock in" and the amp is somewhat warm, which makes for long listening sessions without fatigue, and totally knows how to swing. As I said, the LC2 is a keeper for me, and I don't care what it's worth on the re-sale market. But, I get the slight many are feeling.

Sep 19, 2017 at 11:55 AM Post #2,708 of 2,966
The big "if" here is whether the LC-X really sounds identical to a Cavalli-manufactured Liquid Carbon.

Assuming it does--I own & really love the LC v2.0, and can assure you that it really has a tinge of warmth. It is also somewhat laid back--not in the sense of lacking dynamics, but in the sense of never pushing hard-edged transients through your brain like a big power drill.

While being somewhat warm and organic sounding, this amp has serious balls & the 2nd best bass I've ever heard from an amp (the best is from the V281, which costs nearly 3X what the LC does).

I've also noticed that the LC has the unusual characteristic of being able to "lock in" with certain headphones, and not ones you might expect. I've gotten amazing sound out of my LC on 2 somwhat warm-sounding headphones around, the Fidelio X2s and the E-Mu Teaks. This is interesting because on paper, at least, the LC should not sound good with these phones. But it obviously does.

Oh I'm really stoked that I'm on this drop as I own all both those headphones as well as a brand new pair of Elears (which are apparently also quite well-matched to the LCX).

Sep 19, 2017 at 11:32 PM Post #2,709 of 2,966
MassDrop.jpg
https://www.facebook.com/chordelect...747222358641/1161255637307789/?type=3&theater

Just wondering what's happen if Cavalli Audio announce something like Chord Electronics declared MassDrop Mojo was not an authorized product after the drop.

Last edited:
Sep 19, 2017 at 11:43 PM Post #2,710 of 2,966
Sep 19, 2017 at 11:44 PM Post #2,711 of 2,966
That would not be good is my guess, I was just looking at the mojo on massdrop, and am one who purchased the cavalli also..

Sep 19, 2017 at 11:47 PM Post #2,712 of 2,966
I think whether they did that or not would not make a difference. Massdrop is providing the warranty, and I seriously doubt Cavalli will touch those units if something goes wrong with them.

Exactly...Who cares...Massdrop is the "manufacturer" and is underwriting the warranty...any concerns/issues would be handled thru them.

If you don't trust Massdrop, well, thats a different matter.

-Mark in St. Louis

Sep 19, 2017 at 11:49 PM Post #2,713 of 2,966
I doubt Massdrop would even repair it if it broke. They probably would just replace it or if they had none, offer you a refund or something if still under the 1 year warranty. I doubt they actually have the resources to repair things. They just contract with a factory to build the amps.

Last edited:
Sep 20, 2017 at 12:25 AM Post #2,714 of 2,966
Sep 20, 2017 at 12:27 AM Post #2,715 of 2,966

https://www.facebook.com/chordelect...747222358641/1161255637307789/?type=3&theater

Just wondering what's happen if Cavalli Audio announce something like Chord Electronics declared MassDrop Mojo was not an authorized product after the drop.

I certainly cannot speak in any way regarding the Mojo, but I can say that MD is fully licensed to offer the CA products they are currently offering. The CTH has been in development for quite some time and I have worked closely with the MD teams to make it happen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back