Cavalli Audio - Liquid Lightning
Aug 6, 2012 at 1:02 PM Post #76 of 209
If I can get my hands on one sure, but the 009 is the current goal. :wink:

Quote:
Yeah the production amp is noticeably better in the low frequency response. Quieter and better detailed too. But definitely more tighter, impactful bass than the prototype/pre production model.

Give the 007 another try i'd say with the production version.

Aug 6, 2012 at 1:57 PM Post #78 of 209
Quote:
As for my comment on the other commercial gear, the 007 + BHSE combo is slightly ahead. The LL is running high output bias and has no issues like those i find with the stax amps. Heck it burns 80 watts actually.

But not so with 009, LL all the way without a shadow of a doubt for my ears.

Owning both the LL and the BHSE, I agree with Sachu. The 009 and LL combo sounds better to my ears.

Aug 7, 2012 at 12:53 AM Post #84 of 209
Rock concert, yes I would go wearing ear plugs unless your goal is to "mature" your hearing. Earplugs kill half the fun and don't prevent shear compression of the ear drums at LF so it's better to watch a concert on DVD for me :).

Now for jazz in a small club and classical, that's another story. It brings me back to the style of music one listens to. We go back to the same old argument, but throwing poor rock / pop recordings something as resolving as the 009, is like giving jelly to the pig imho. Of course, one can view it as inability of the can to hide recording defaults, but what is the point of purist reproduction of a crappy mix and recording? I think one would be much happier keeping two separate rigs (such as and lcd rig for nasty stuff).

Regardless, I am looking forward to the day I can evaluate the LL against my existing rig!

Aug 7, 2012 at 1:00 AM Post #85 of 209
Most non-amplified live stuff is fine...I mean, it can only be so loud, right? :D

And absolutely I wear ear plugs. I haven't been particularly offended by any of my recordings I've played. Sure, I can tell they're bad, but it's still good music that sounds good (to some extent). 

I plan on having 2 rigs eventually (maybe a Liquid Glass? If Alex pulls it off, anyway), but with the 009 in my sights and the girlfriend driving a terrible car it won't be for awhile. :wink:

Quote:
Rock concert, yes I would go wearing ear plugs unless your goal is to "mature" your hearing. Earplugs kill half the fun and don't prevent shear compression of the ear drums at LF so it's better to watch a concert on DVD for me
smily_headphones1.gif
Now for jazz in a small club and classical, that's another story. It brings me back to the style of music one listens to. We go back to the same old argument, but throwing poor rock / pop recordings something as resolving as the 009, is like giving jelly to the pig imho. Of course, one can view it as inability of the can to hide recording defaults, but what is the point of purist reproduction of a crappy mix and recording? I think one would be much happier keeping two separate rigs (such as and lcd rig for nasty stuff).
Regardless, I am looking forward to the day I can evaluate the LL against my existing rig!

Aug 7, 2012 at 1:19 AM Post #86 of 209
Quote:
Quote:

Owning both the LL and the BHSE, I agree with Sachu. The 009 and LL combo sounds better to my ears.

Would the same apply if listening to mostly classical ( including large orchestral works, symphonies and the like) and jazz music ? 

TIA :)

I am wondering about exactly the same thing. From reading this thread I get the impression that the LL gets a lot of love from people who listens to bass heavy music. Considering both the LL and the BHSE as an upgrade from the 727-II, I would love to know more about this too..

Aug 7, 2012 at 1:50 AM Post #87 of 209
Jazz isn't my specialty (granted neither if Classical) but I have been listening to a lot more Classical music lately. While the soundstage is smaller compared to my HD800 the amazing detail really made up for it in my mind...

Quote:

I am wondering about exactly the same thing. From reading this thread I get the impression that the LL gets a lot of love from people who listens to bass heavy music. Considering both the LL and the BHSE as an upgrade from the 727-II, I would love to know more about this too..

Aug 7, 2012 at 2:54 AM Post #88 of 209
Aug 7, 2012 at 8:14 AM Post #90 of 209
Quote:

If you realy like classical and jazz because of the soundstage and euphony and also don't care too much about bass presentation, also consider the Wes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back