Cavalli Audio Liquid Fire
May 3, 2013 at 3:53 PM Post #2,191 of 2,306
Quote:
I have a LAu right now to listen to.  Put my LF in the box for the time being......

I am definitely not listening to one of those. I might just be tempted to go out and buy one. How fortunate of you.

May 3, 2013 at 5:27 PM Post #2,192 of 2,306
Quote:
I have a LAu right now to listen to.  Put my LF in the box for the time being......

Interesting response but less than helpful. When the LF was first introduced, Webster's Unabridged Dictionary did not contain a sufficient number of superlative adjectives to describe the pairing of the amp with Audeze cans. Then "Glass" seemed to sweep the HF community. Now, "Gold" seems to be the new FOTM. In a few weeks, "Lightning" will be back in vogue. "The more things change, the more they stay the same".

May 4, 2013 at 5:44 PM Post #2,195 of 2,306
Quote:

Au is the chemical symbol for gold.

Maybe instead of LAu, should be H2O Au? The reverse of Barry Goldwater's old Arizona license plate.
biggrin.gif

se

Oct 2, 2013 at 10:43 AM Post #2,201 of 2,306
I use the Wyred4Sound DAC2 and it sounds great.  There is an upgrade available for it that I will be getting so if you are interested I would get the DSDse or DSD versions if you can afford those.  Everyone I know who owns either is effusive about the difference.  If money is no object I'd be a buyer of the MSB Analog, a Briscati M1, or a DCS.

Oct 2, 2013 at 1:41 PM Post #2,204 of 2,306
 If you are looking for a simple USB based DAC, even with the lowly Schitt Modi the LF sounds pretty damn good to me. I use this setup regularly. 

The Concero is definitely a step up. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back