Cavalli Audio Liquid Fire
Mar 14, 2012 at 1:44 PM Post #1,066 of 2,306
I ordered a VTI BL404 Rack with the old 9, 7, 7 spacing. You can also get it in 13, 9, 7 for a bit more.

It got here yesterday and I unboxed it this morning. I'll shoot some pics once I get it up and organized tonight after work. I'll be filling te poles with sand sometime soon as well. I think it's going to work quite nicely...

EDIT: The VTI racks look fantastic and I love the swappability of shelves. You can also buy extra feet and shelves if you'd like as well. I might get another set down the line if I get more gear.

Mar 14, 2012 at 3:23 PM Post #1,069 of 2,306
Ahh you got it with the Cherry shelves. I wanted to get them but they wouldn't match the other furniture and was more expensive. I went with all black and silver caps.

I might order the other set later on with Cherry shelves once I replace some of the furniture in my place though. I think my TT will go on the top shelf and the LF on the second one.

Quote:
Pardon the crappy photo quality, but this is what the LF and some other gear looks on a VTI rack

Mar 14, 2012 at 4:35 PM Post #1,073 of 2,306
Mr. Wilson..............that is SWEET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Quote:
Pardon the crappy photo quality, but this is what the LF and some other gear looks on a VTI rack

Mar 14, 2012 at 4:52 PM Post #1,074 of 2,306
Thanks for all the suggestions, everyone.  I'm writing all of these down for future reference.

Edit: My choice in rack will likely have nothing to do with vibration control.  I'm not planning on going the vinyl route for a long time, if at all, and I'm really just looking for a way to store all my gear vertically, as it takes up way too much horizontal real estate on my desk.  Thanks again guys.

Mar 14, 2012 at 5:07 PM Post #1,076 of 2,306
I have a Solidsteel 3.4 rack and rather like its compact size and simplicity.

That VTI rack, on the other hand, looks to be wide enough to allow me to add my monster SX-1050 receiver to my daily use rig. Hmm...

Mar 14, 2012 at 5:34 PM Post #1,077 of 2,306

Quote:
I'm going to get that rack.   Are the posts hollow?  I'm thinking if they are I can fill them with sand or buckshot.

Buckshot! That's wild.

I'm going to get that rack too. But I don't have any buckshot. It states that the shelf clearance is 9", 7", 7" starting with the bottom shelf. The top shelf is king of the rack!

Mar 14, 2012 at 6:09 PM Post #1,078 of 2,306

They make a 13, 9, 7 if you want it, and you can arrange them in any order as they all start from the 'amp stand' on the bottom.

Quote:

Buckshot! That's wild.

I'm going to get that rack too. But I don't have any buckshot. It states that the shelf clearance is 9", 7", 7" starting with the bottom shelf. The top shelf is king of the rack!

I bought it because it'll fit my UPA-1 monoblocks and my TT...at least it should. I'll find out how well they fit tonight.

Quote:
I have a Solidsteel 3.4 rack and rather like its compact size and simplicity.

That VTI rack, on the other hand, looks to be wide enough to allow me to add my monster SX-1050 receiver to my daily use rig. Hmm...

Mar 14, 2012 at 6:42 PM Post #1,079 of 2,306
I used to have an Italian SolidSteel Rack that was really nice.  I used sand to fill it up.  Make sure you get sandbox quality white fine sand to do that, not regular since its too granular.

Mar 14, 2012 at 6:53 PM Post #1,080 of 2,306

Quote:

Buckshot! That's wild.

Lots of folks use buck shot in their speaker stands to give them weight and absorb vibration. Sand is good but you better make sure it can't leak out anywhere. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back