Cavalli Audio Liquid Fire
Nov 28, 2011 at 1:19 PM Post #482 of 2,306

Quote:
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

- I am sorry guys, I know this is the LF - thread, but have been asked about the Leben :wink:

- And sorry for my bad English ! It must be awful for you ...

No worries on both accounts.  I, for one, find your opinions well thought out and useful.  Your grammar may sometimes take a little longer for me to understand, but I can say the same for posts from "native" English speakers.  Myself included.  ^_^

Nov 28, 2011 at 3:10 PM Post #483 of 2,306

Thank you, Equus !   
redface.gif

Nov 29, 2011 at 1:19 PM Post #484 of 2,306
I'm listening to George Harrison's Concert for Bangladesh ripped from DVD to files.  Whoa.  The impact of this isn't to be missed:  Billy Preston " That's the way........, Leon Russel " Jumpin' Jack.........., Dylan, George....
This is one dynamic listen with the Liquid Fire just blasting these tunes out.  The LCD-3 boys say it has better bass than my LC-2rev2.  I'd like to hear that because the bass on this recording is going down to my toes!!

Nov 29, 2011 at 1:51 PM Post #485 of 2,306
I snuck in a quick listen to a lil Dark Side Of The Moon|(what a treat), prior to finishing the burn in last night.This is cruel and unusual punishment waiting out the last 30 hours

Nov 29, 2011 at 4:32 PM Post #488 of 2,306
I used the " immersion" version, the soundstage and nuance were incredible.That was after the shipped 120 hours of burn in, I have 7 hours left before hitting the magic 150 hours, but I doubt I'll make it past 144
beyersmile.png

My T1's have found their mate
Quote:
Which version of DSOTM?  So many to choose from these days.

Nov 29, 2011 at 4:46 PM Post #489 of 2,306
I've got MoFi, JPN remaster and a rip of the Blu-ray to file.  I really go back and forth.  The Blu-ray is excellent.  I really like the MoFi but Mikey Fremer says the EQ on this is way out of whack.  Bass is exaggerated but I kind of like that too.

Nov 29, 2011 at 5:14 PM Post #490 of 2,306
Cool, I also have the  30th Anniversary Edition [Hybrid SACD - DSD] but just wanted a quick listen before going back to burn-in.I've been investing pretty heavily in Jap Shm's and Sacd's the last few months.I can hardly wait to hear them on my LF

Nov 29, 2011 at 5:17 PM Post #491 of 2,306
Can you burn in the LF for 150 hous straight? Coz it isn't something you would be  recommended to do on other tube amps...

Nov 29, 2011 at 5:29 PM Post #492 of 2,306

Quote:
Cool, I also have the  30th Anniversary Edition [Hybrid SACD - DSD] but just wanted a quick listen before going back to burn-in.I've been investing pretty heavily in Jap Shm's and Sacd's the last few months.I can hardly wait to hear them on my LF

I need to find my DSOTM Japanese pressing and see how it compares to the MFSL

Nov 29, 2011 at 5:31 PM Post #493 of 2,306

Quote:
Can you burn in the LF for 150 hous straight? Coz it isn't something you would be  recommended to do on other tube amps...

Its not recommended for any tube amp to be left unattended simply cause of the possibility of failure of a tube or more.

As for whether it can be done..of course. 

Loving the Liquid Fire by the way. It really is a fabulous amp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back