Hi,

Highlights of the humanity:

1) Man learns to walk

2) The fire

3) Moon Flight

4) Audeze LCD-2 Rev.1

5) Cavalli Audio Liquid Fire

This is the truth!

There's nothing between the discovery of fire and the moon landing you find worthy enough to put on a list of humankind's greatest achievements?

Nov 26, 2011 at 3:31 PM Post #468 of 2,306

Quote:
Personally, I have my LF for 2 weeks now and I am using the dCS Puccini (SACD player or internal DAC) and a MacBook Air / PureMusic (with M2Tech HiFace EVO Digital Audio Interface, M2Tech EVO Supply with Li-Ion) as source. Interconnects are from Transparent Audio and power-cords from Harmonix.
I am very happy with the LF (headphones: AKG 702, ATH-W5000, LCD-2). I still love my Singlepower MPX3 Slam, especially with the W5000 for the gorgeous (female) voices and the emotional violins. But finally, the LF wins the contest with ease. It sounds much more natural, more live-alike and less tubey. It comes closer to the original - period ! I have considered also the WA5 and BA but it was not possible to come over to Denver to the meet in order to give them a try. I had the Leben XS for loan - no way for me !!!

Can i ask why the Leben XS wasn't for you ? Im currently hesitating between the Leben 300 and the Cavalli LF :)

Nov 26, 2011 at 3:45 PM Post #469 of 2,306

Quote:
No. Nothing of importance. Nothing of value. People need heat, food, drink and Audeze LCD2 + Liquid Fire.
Stop - I forgot. Sandra Bullock! That is enough.

Yes. In 1995. When The Net was released.

Nov 26, 2011 at 7:54 PM Post #471 of 2,306

Quote:
No. Nothing of importance. Nothing of value. People need heat, food, drink and Audeze LCD2 + Liquid Fire.
Stop - I forgot. Sandra Bullock! That is enough.

People also need electricity to power the Liquid Fire. 
wink.gif

Nov 26, 2011 at 8:59 PM Post #472 of 2,306

Quote:
People also need electricity to power the Liquid Fire. 
wink.gif

And thank goodness we have Sandra Bullock to produce the much-needed electricity to power the Liquid Fire!

Nov 27, 2011 at 1:08 AM Post #473 of 2,306
Here is my take on the Liquid Fire and LCD-3's. For my ears and rigs the HE-6 is a better headphone.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/575751/new-audeze-lcd3/1950#post_7921208

Nov 27, 2011 at 7:03 AM Post #475 of 2,306

Quote:

Two things are missing from my point of view:
1. The source (and cables) used for this review has not been mentioned

[size=x-small] [/size]

Ok, German author (Reviewer) is a friend of mine.

http://www.open-end-music.de/vb3/showthread.php?t=4140

I know which source device and cable that:

CDP: BMC Audio CDP and DAC, Naim CD5X, NAD Masters M5/ C542, Colorful Colorfly Pocket
Cable interconnect: Jena Labs Symphony, Sunwire reference, TMR Ramses, amity
Cable Audez'e: ADZ5 original, Jena Labs Audez'e

I hope this helps a little.

Nov 27, 2011 at 7:41 AM Post #476 of 2,306

Quote:
Can i ask why the Leben XS wasn't for you ? Im currently hesitating between the Leben 300 and the Cavalli LF :)

If you think seriously about the Leben I recommend to read this http://www.head-fi.org/t/415214/the-leben-cs300xs-thread and this  http://www.highfidelity.pl/@main-135&lang=en  first (if not done already).  

You will find out 3 things:
1. The Leben sounds very good
2. There are some hints for buzz/hum
3. Some thoughts whether the Leben can drive the LCD-2 (with sovereignty)

My experience with the Leben X (sorry for the typo; I had a Leben X for loan, but currently one will have to buy the XS which has different tubes):

Ref. to 1:
The Leben X had a rich, fulminant, tubey sound with a lot of (sound) colors. It was equipped with 2 x JAN 5814 A Philips and 4 x Mullard  EL 84. Headphones used were W5000, AKG-701. To me, this kind of rich tubey sound was not natural anymore. I tried different other tubes (2 x Sylvania 5751, 4 x Sylvania 6BQ5 as well as 2 x Raytheon 5751, 4 x Genalex Gold Lion EL 84), the Genalex had the highest resolution and the most realistic sound, but it was still too tubey to me. Also the sound-stage was worse than with my SP MPX Slam. 

Ref. to 2:
When I switched on the "original" Leben X, I heard buzz/hum in the right channel. Moreover, there were a lot of hiss in both channels. The buzz/hum in the right channel could also be heard when using speakers. After changing all tubes (to 2 x Sylvania 5751, 4 x Sylvania 6BQ5) the hiss was gone but the buzz/hum was still there. This noise was much louder with the ATH-W5000 than with the AKG 701 but it was impossible for me to use the Leben 300X if such buzz is not eliminated completely. A further change to another set of tubes (2 x Raytheon 5751, 4 x Genalex Gold Lion EL 84) did not help either. The buzz/hum was still there and the amount of noise was almost independent on the sound volume (usually I heard between 9 and 10).
I had a profound conversation on that with Leben/Japan. They responded very quickly and I appreciated this kind of honest conversation / statement very much.   They replied as follows:

Due to some complaints about the buss through the headphone, we reduced
the headphone output by 20% (the old version was 1000mW and the later 
version 300XS is 800mW).
We are using headphones of 105dB-110dB for testing and the buzz is not 
audible like before.

However, we lately received another complaint from USA for the new 
version that the output power 800mW is not enough to drive Audeze 
LCD-2(91dB), while the old version(1000mW) was evaluated as the best
matching(even miracle) amp for Audese LCD-2.

In this reason, we recently increased again the headphone output to
1000mW specially for USA market for the time being and Audese users
in USA are now very happy with CS-300XS.(CS-300XS for Europe is still 
800mW)

Consequently, a low output model(800mW) is better to use high power
headphones(95dB-110dB) to eliminate the buzz perfectly, however,
a high output(1000mW) model is well reputed for Audese headphone.

Ref. to 3:
At that time, my planning was to buy a LCD-2.2. 
I had the feeling that the Leben X I had for loan (1000mW !) did not squeeze everything out of my AKG-701.
But how can a current Leben XS (800mW European version) do that with a LCD-2.2  (which needs much more juice) ??

A Liquid Fire can do this with ease !

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

- I am sorry guys, I know this is the LF - thread, but have been asked about the Leben :wink:

- And sorry for my bad English ! It must be awful for you ...

Nov 27, 2011 at 8:29 AM Post #477 of 2,306
My Leben does not have any hum on the LCD2 or 3. Anyway, I will be able to do a comparison once I get the Liquid Fire. The Leben has a very natural sound of the tube amps I have heard, but if you still find it "tubes" I guess pure tube amps are not for you ( LF is a hybrid as I understand).

Nov 27, 2011 at 11:35 AM Post #478 of 2,306

Well, sound-wise I like the Singlepower (which is also a tube amp. but with OTL design) more than the Leben. The output-transformes contribute significantly to the sound of the Leben. But in general, you are right. A pure tube amp. could be risky. Also in my main rack I have a hybrid pre- and a hybrid power amp. Pure solid state is also not my cup of tea. Obviously, I prefer to be in the middle ...    
The less sensitive the headphones the higher the chance that there is no hiss/hum with the Leben.
So, what I learned (again) in the a.m. exercise was: One need to try it out by themselves.  

Nov 27, 2011 at 11:43 AM Post #479 of 2,306
You've piqued my interest. What does that rack have in it?

Quote:

Well, sound-wise I like the Singlepower (which is also a tube amp. but with OTL design) more than the Leben. The output-transformes contribute significantly to the sound of the Leben. But in general, you are right. A pure tube amp. could be risky. Also in my main rack I have a hybrid pre- and a hybrid power amp. Pure solid state is also not my cup of tea. Obviously, I prefer to be in the middle ...    
The less sensitive the headphones the higher the chance that there is no hiss/hum with the Leben.
So, what I learned (again) in the a.m. exercise was: One need to try it out by themselves.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back