Cavalli Audio Liquid Carbon Now Available
May 8, 2015 at 10:42 PM Post #526 of 1,195
LOL.  Well done.

Care to share which DAC did you get?

Well even that is a testament to the magic powers of the LC. I have a TEAC UD-301 but needed a decent desktop DAC/amp for my office. I then heard a voice say " get thee to the headfi classified and you shall find that which you seek....." So I go and look for balanced DAC and there I found a Gungnir. The answer was use the TEAC for the office and upgrade my DAC for the LC! It was a miracle!

May 9, 2015 at 1:24 AM Post #529 of 1,195
agreed. It was the trifecta for me. Ygg, LC, and massdrop TH900. I'm betting this combination will be legendary.

You mean, it will be legen-Wait four months for it... dary! :cool:

May 10, 2015 at 6:11 PM Post #531 of 1,195
Just ordered one. I think this may be a collector's item.

I bet it comes quicker than my Geek Pulse Infinity. I ordered the predecessor model 18 months ago!
confused_face.gif

I met Mr. Cavalli at the CanJam at Rocky Mountain in 2012. Very nice man. I was able to spend about ten minutes with him asking questions about his products and  listening to his amps. 

May 10, 2015 at 7:01 PM Post #532 of 1,195
Just ordered one. I think this may be a collector's item.

i dont think this will become a collector's item. If there is that much demand for it, there will be another production run.

May 11, 2015 at 8:54 AM Post #534 of 1,195
Here's a question to while away the time waiting: Will the sound signature likely be identical between 1x and 3x gain, with the volume adjusted to the exact same loudness? 

I have an ALO RX-MKIII-B+, and it seems like the sound is "hotter" with high gain compared to low gain, even at the same volumes, but it's hard to pin down. 

May 11, 2015 at 9:39 AM Post #535 of 1,195
For those who have heard the HD800 on the Liquid Carbon, would you say this is one of the elusive amps that gets the HD800 right, or are they not a good pairing? 

Follow up-  For those who have heard the HD800 and the Ether on the LC, which sounds better?  And why?  From the Ether thread I'm getting the impression those two headphones are different, but comparable...

Last question (I swear), has anyone used the Ak120ii as a dac with the LC and how did it compare to stand alone DAC's?  Which stand alones would you compare it to?  (Darn, that was another question).

I'll shut up now...

Thanks...

May 11, 2015 at 10:57 AM Post #537 of 1,195
I listening to it with my HD800'S. I liked it very much. It also worked well for me with my Roxanne's.
For those who have heard the HD800 on the Liquid Carbon, would you say this is one of the elusive amps that gets the HD800 right, or are they not a good pairing? 

Follow up-  For those who have heard the HD800 and the Ether on the LC, which sounds better?  And why?  From the Ether thread I'm getting the impression those two headphones are different, but comparable...

Last question (I swear), has anyone used the Ak120ii as a dac with the LC and how did it compare to stand alone DAC's?  Which stand alones would you compare it to?  (Darn, that was another questions.

I'll shut up now...

Thanks...

May 11, 2015 at 1:29 PM Post #539 of 1,195
So you felt the HD800 "brightness issues" were not a problem with the LC?

Thanks

I have only ever had "brightness" issues with the HD800 on my magni. Which is a bright amp, IMO. So I can't say there are issues with the HD800 in the first place.

May 11, 2015 at 1:34 PM Post #540 of 1,195
I have only ever had "brightness" issues with the HD800 on my magni. Which is a bright amp, IMO. So I can't say there are issues with the HD800 in the first place.

Well, I've never heard the treble issues the T1 is supposed to have either...  Of course I've only heard them on one amp so far, my BH Crack.  The second amp will arrive sometime in September...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back