Cats eating their own hair... o_O
Aug 2, 2009 at 8:00 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 28

Headphoneus Supremus
Has anyone else experienced this? I was grooming my cats today and ending up with huge piles of hair, because it's been ~90-100 here lately so they're shedding a lot.

Anyway, the male cat of the 2 laid down and curled up all purring and stuff, then he started happily eating the piles of hair. He got really mad when I yelled at him to stop :p lol.

Cats are crazy.

Aug 2, 2009 at 8:29 PM Post #2 of 28
Um.. video please
biggrin.gif

Aug 2, 2009 at 10:15 PM Post #7 of 28
That's among the lesser of odd behavior I've seen in cats.

I had one that fetishized my shoes. After I took them off, she'd stick her head in for a minute or two. Then she'd give you a dirty look if you laughed at her.

Aug 2, 2009 at 10:21 PM Post #8 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Erik /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Well I have a cat right now that licks her own teat, she'll cuddle up to either my wife or myself and start sucking her own teat, really goes at it. Some insecurity issues or something..

Aug 2, 2009 at 10:24 PM Post #9 of 28
Quote:

I had one that fetishized my shoes. After I took them off, she'd stick her head in for a minute or two. Then she'd give you a dirty look if you laughed at her.

my dog does that without the dirty look, she also loves sleeping in my dirty clothes

Aug 2, 2009 at 11:43 PM Post #10 of 28
My ex has a cat that has a human-hair fetish... he loves to snuggle so you'll pick him up (supporting his back legs with your arms), he'll put his front paws on your shoulder and rest his head either on your shoulder or against your head... then he starts huffing your hair and doing "happy claws" whilst purring madly. If you let him he'll huff your hair pretty much non-stop, until he falls asleep (no joke). I think the ecstacy of it makes him tired or something.

He'll also do this while you're sleeping, he'll sneak up and knead your pillow while huffing your hair. You need to push him away repeatedly if you're laying down, because he'll make a b-line for your scalp fur.

Aug 3, 2009 at 12:40 AM Post #11 of 28
Yep. I had a dog growing up, and while I loved him and he was a great pet, he didn't even come close to the weirdness factor that cats have. Dogs are great - don't get me wrong - but cats offer endless personality quirks, strange behavior and odd fetishes. They're by far the most entertaining pets you can have. The shoe-sniffing cat died of cancer a couple years ago, but I have a couple of black and white goofballs that are sisters. The barely have a brain between them, but they're incredibly affectionate. They usually climb all over me while drooling.

Aug 3, 2009 at 1:12 AM Post #12 of 28
Yep, cats are weird. The one in my avatar, Snowball (I did NOT name the cat), would incessantly lick your hand. Any time you left your hand somewhere it could reach it, it would lick it. Imagine waking up, wiping your hand over your eyes/face, and realizing it's coated in cat spit.

In my avatar, that's me holding it's tongue, attempting to train it to stop frickin' licking my hand. It eventually, mostly, worked. I wasn't pulling, just holding, and holding the cat, too, so it couldn't pull.

Aug 3, 2009 at 2:11 AM Post #13 of 28
Quote:

no dirty look neither. one trick though, mint. after 5 minutes of mint favor stuff(toothpaste, cigarette, gum etc).

Aug 3, 2009 at 2:17 AM Post #14 of 28
To the OP, sounds hott...

Aug 3, 2009 at 11:32 AM Post #15 of 28
We have four cats, two of which are males. Both males are into the hair eating thing. Cosmo, the one in my avatar, is the worst offender. He'll hoover up any random clump of hair he finds, so we have to vacuum pretty often.

All cats are crazy, but there is much entertainment value in their craziness. The entertainment value is proportional to the square of the number of cats.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back