Cats eating their own hair... o_O
Aug 3, 2009 at 2:41 PM Post #16 of 28
Cats do lots of weird things.
Just to make sure, you provide proper cat food. Right?
wink.gif

Aug 3, 2009 at 3:22 PM Post #17 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by krmathis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
...proper cat food.

I've got about seven partially-finished bags of food.

They'll occasionally act offended and turn up their noses at something they previously enjoyed. Then I'm harassed until I give them something else.

They only consistently like chicken and fish table scraps.

Aug 3, 2009 at 5:53 PM Post #19 of 28
Oh I also get a kick out of cats that drool when they are pleased. Like you rub and scratch them and they're like "OOOhhh yeahhh that's nice" and start drooling all over you. Lol.

Aug 3, 2009 at 5:56 PM Post #20 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by krmathis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Cats do lots of weird things.
Just to make sure, you provide proper cat food. Right?
wink.gif

i think so... it's one of those healthy brands to build lean muscle and help with hairballs or some crap. *shrug*

He has INCREDIBLY AWFUL-SMELLING ... uh... catbox items though. Can that be a sign of digestive issues or diet issues?

Aug 4, 2009 at 12:08 AM Post #21 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sduibek /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Has anyone else experienced this? I was grooming my cats today and ending up with huge piles of hair, because it's been ~90-100 here lately so they're shedding a lot.

Anyway, the male cat of the 2 laid down and curled up all purring and stuff, then he started happily eating the piles of hair. He got really mad when I yelled at him to stop :p lol.

Cats are crazy.

One of mine does that as well. Very strange!

Aug 4, 2009 at 12:14 AM Post #22 of 28
My cat does too. Before I knew this I saw her gt her hair out of the trashcan after grooming. I was like 'What are you going in the trashcan for?' because I'd only known dogs to do that before. Now I just flush it down the toilet.

Aug 4, 2009 at 3:05 AM Post #23 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by tattoou2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Cats do that all the time. Groom often and dispose of the hair immediately.

x2. It's a natural thing for them to do but not the healthiest to eat it. Avoid hairballs by regular grooming and disposing of the fur.

Aug 6, 2009 at 6:35 AM Post #25 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by Joelby /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Our cat plays fetch and likes to be thrown in the air onto the bed. Also, we sometimes find that she's opened closed drawers and is sleeping inside. Here's a pic:

3787679868_77ba9f5f71.jpg

A tub of kitty litter once a week -- 10$
A bag of cat food every month -- 20$
Throwing your cat across a room for his enjoyment -- Priceless.

Sweet pic
biggrin.gif

Aug 6, 2009 at 6:45 AM Post #26 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by Joelby /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Our cat plays fetch and likes to be thrown in the air onto the bed. Also, we sometimes find that she's opened closed drawers and is sleeping inside. Here's a pic:

3787679868_77ba9f5f71.jpg

Someone should do a lolcat quote with that picture.
popcorn.gif

On another note, lovely picture. I adore black cats. Stealthy little kitties.

Aug 6, 2009 at 6:48 AM Post #27 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by ZephyrSapphire /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Someone should do a lolcat quote with that picture.
popcorn.gif

On another note, lovely picture. I adore black cats. Stealthy little kitties.

INVISIBLE SNOWBOARD

Aug 6, 2009 at 7:05 AM Post #28 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sduibek /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oh I also get a kick out of cats that drool when they are pleased. Like you rub and scratch them and they're like "OOOhhh yeahhh that's nice" and start drooling all over you. Lol.

One of mine is a bigtime drooler. She gets on your lap and puts her paws on your chest looking you right in the face. Rub her belly (she likes it) and she'll purr and drool.

She also plays fetch with a wad of paper and will do backflips chasing a laser beam up the wall. The cats are easily more entertaining than the headphone rig.
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back