Cat-Fi
Feb 1, 2015 at 7:48 PM Post #571 of 1,398
  No longer with us....

Ah man, that's a shame.  My son lost his cat Heidi last year.  He had her since he was 6 & she lived to be 16.  He was 22 at the time, a grown man & when he phoned to tell us I could tell he had been crying.  Some people don't understand what a pet means to owners.  Really sorry to hear about your loss.

Feb 1, 2015 at 9:30 PM Post #573 of 1,398
ArmAndHammer, I'm terribly sorry to hear of your loss.

Quote:
Well as cats have 9 lives, your kitty just showed up as a shelter kitty somewhere near you. He wants the same food bowl, the loving arms and the same house he was the owner of.

So run and get him back, he's missing his human already.

That is the best thing I have ever read.

Feb 1, 2015 at 11:38 PM Post #574 of 1,398
Well as cats have 9 lives, your kitty just showed up as a shelter kitty somewhere near you. He wants the same food bowl, the loving arms and the same house he was the owner of.

So run and get him back, he's missing his human already.

I'd love another cat. Right now we don't have a good place for a cat. We live in town and too much risk letting a cat outside and no way my dog would take to a cat being an inside cat. He likes to try and eat them (not what happened to the cat in the pic...he passed before I got the dog). So...for the time being I have to stick with the dog and neighborhood cats that come around until we get out house built on the property we have that's not in town. That is an awesome thought and I'd definitely be up for taking on a shelter kitty in the future.

Feb 12, 2015 at 10:32 AM Post #575 of 1,398
ive got a small black and white shorthair. i named him albert after my favorite author albert camus.

Feb 12, 2015 at 12:29 PM Post #577 of 1,398
oh he's dapper alright, but he's straight gangsta too. when he was a kitten he used to have a penchant for olde english. if i left my glass of beer on the table, he'd be all over it. i think it was the malt or something... ive since stepped up my game to tetley's english ale, he knows better now..

Feb 15, 2015 at 9:15 PM Post #578 of 1,398
  oh he's dapper alright, but he's straight gangsta too. when he was a kitten he used to have a penchant for olde english. if i left my glass of beer on the table, he'd be all over it. i think it was the malt or something... ive since stepped up my game to tetley's english ale, he knows better now..

What a cute cat.  Just looking at him the word "personality" jumps to mind.  BTW just finished La Peste & L'Etranger by Camus.  Waiting for "Noces" , ordered a couple of weeks ago.  He was some writer, very deep.  Personally I believe he needs to be re-read to understand fully or try to some of his writing.  Anyways, this is a cat thread.  Again, cute little guy.   Mine can be seen on the previous page. 

Feb 27, 2015 at 8:18 AM Post #579 of 1,398
I lifted this one straight out of Facebook - but it also belongs here:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpa1/v/t1.0-9/10882127_1521917798057544_8557544911649586452_n.jpg?oh=1370d1178a6943384a34c1d8c67b3ef8&oe=55892C78&__gda__=1434798354_46385e1875eda342fb04687ae9b045e6

Apr 15, 2015 at 11:53 AM Post #582 of 1,398

New kittens! Linus and Lucy - he's too cool for school, she's psycho bitch from hell.

They are joining our existing glorious cats - Ernie and Burt (now both 14) - Ernie is my best friend, Burt is lovely too
but scared his own shadow
the pic after shows how big just their tails are compared to Linus and Lucy, the kittens.

Ernie has great taste in Turntables! on my dusty Mana'd Linn LP12

May 12, 2015 at 5:09 PM Post #585 of 1,398

I've got three amazing cats. Brett is the goofy Chartreux in the second pic, he's a rescue so I don't know his pedigree (nor do I care at all) but he looks and acts just like one. My two others are Britta and Brek (third pic) who are also rescues and are probably at least part Russian Blue. Break was a feral kitten who took months to adapt but he's turned in to such a sweet guy. His mom, Britta, is Brek's mom and the most loyal cat I've ever met. Follows me from room to room, sleeps right next to me every night and whenever I go to the bathroom she follows me in and incessantly meows until I turn the faucet on so she can drink from it.

I'm sure I'll be posting more pics in here eventually. Love this thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back