Cat-Fi
Nov 12, 2013 at 11:50 AM Post #541 of 1,402
No go for me on that one. Tried something similar and my cats don't like pooping and pissing in a confined space, or probably I need something bigger. I have two rescue shorthairs at around 5kg each, and one at around 4kg, and they're the ones who hated it (the 2.5kg female had no issue with it).

Nov 12, 2013 at 11:20 PM Post #542 of 1,402
I got the large box. My cat is big lol. I'd say he's just under 20 lbs. :wink: The box fits him well. If I opted for the regular size box then yes even he would have not fit it.

Nov 13, 2013 at 4:39 AM Post #543 of 1,402
  I got the large box. My cat is big lol. I'd say he's just under 20 lbs. :wink: The box fits him well. If I opted for the regular size box then yes even he would have not fit it.

I got a large one like it back then too, they didn't like it because when they crap, they have their hindquarters squatting in the box, forepaws on the box sides, and their heads way up in the air.

Yep, they're kinda weird, and I love 'em to bits
tongue.gif
(And not it's not from a digestive issue, they just got used to that)

Nov 13, 2013 at 12:49 PM Post #544 of 1,402
lol when my cat goes # 2 he stands on the boxes entrance with his body sticking out of the litter box. Basically how cats use the bathroom on toilet seats :wink:. One time he got crap on his tail and he never forgot that lol. Ever since that he has gone # 2 this way. Smart cat. He has shame :wink:.

Nov 13, 2013 at 10:09 PM Post #545 of 1,402
  lol when my cat goes # 2 he stands on the boxes entrance with his body sticking out of the litter box. Basically how cats use the bathroom on toilet seats :wink:. One time he got crap on his tail and he never forgot that lol. Ever since that he has gone # 2 this way. Smart cat. He has shame :wink:.

Speaking of shame, my cat charged a stray cat by the door last year, and I was smart/dumb enough to grab him to stop it. Which was really dumb, because he was on full attack mode, and his jaws clamped my arm and all his claws went deep all along it. I carried him inside and sat down, his sharp parts still buried in my arm, then he calmed down. Gave me the most confused look on his face, and the whole time I was washing my arm, he was rubbing his head on my elbow. Whenever I flashed him my arm he'd bow his head and give me a "sad" look.

Now if only he'd do the same thing when I waved the hospital bill at his face, which was much more expensive because, shots in him or not, the doctors weren't taking any chances and gave me every anti-bacteria, anti-rabies shot they had (including that jelly-like stuff). Which would have hurt less if the pretty doctor wearing leather boots administered the shots and commented on my pain tolerance, instead of the burly male doctor working on his residency, but no.
tongue.gif

Nov 14, 2013 at 11:51 AM Post #547 of 1,402
Cat scratch fever!
wink.gif

I was hoping for a different set of cat scratches, but apparently she must have thought I'd start frothing at the mouth or something. I actually thought of coming back for one of the other shots with toothpaste gargling in my mouth, then push it through my teeth, but decided against it after I realized how many people are into The Walking Dead and they might get the guards to tackle me.

Jan 7, 2014 at 5:34 AM Post #549 of 1,402
I picked up two losers last October, and I've been playing with them ever since. Just gave 'em the ride of their lives today after deworming. I call them Loki and Thor. One (left) is shy, very quiet, but then gently strikes me with a paw or play bites when I'm not looking, then runs away. The other is very lively, very eager to run out of and lead the escape the door whenever the main door of the house is opened. Loki is nearly as close to my female cat as the tom, but Thor is always following the older toms around.

Anyways, here's the (idiotic) story of how they ended up with me. I heard something in the bushes last Halloween or so, and I went to investigate. After brushing the leaves aside I found cute cow cat lying belly up, and I immediately responded with a loud, "HEEEELLLLLOOOOOOOOO!!!!" at which point she popped out three kittens (all within a minute) and ran the hell away, leaving the wet kittens and her freakin' placenta. I put the kittens on a basin with a freshly-washed kitchen rag on it, then covered them with another one. Mama cat didn't come back by next morning so I wiped them and brought them inside, to the delight of my two tomcats. As fond as they are of them though I have to find homes for them - my house is getting too crowded and that might piss off the toms when these two grow big enough. Still, it was cute that after their first bath last weekend, they ran to my grumpy tom and buried their heads under his neck; he responded by putting his forepaws over the grey kitten. He even sat on the kitty carrier this morning when these kittens were in it.

-------------

EDIT : Left a box from a grocery trip by the door. The (by now expected) happened - I found two of my rescue cats in the box. Too bad the younger female crawled out towards the camera; she was so cute cuddling with the big tomcat.

Little kitten apparently was more interested in the camera than staying warm next to her second-favorite tomcat

His eye's acting up again; I wipe it with a damp hanky every morning then it goes away for days, then back again.

Apr 6, 2014 at 12:34 AM Post #553 of 1,402
A female stray (that I've been feeding) just gave birth in my parking garage* or more specifically, the laundry half. I left a box that I used for groceries on the table where we fold clothes, and next morning I found here in there, bloody and with two cute kittens. This one survived.

I posted a photo of this tomcat before, but I haven't captured our daily routine until now. He sits on the second floor terrace, so when I step out onto the hallway, he'll meow begging for his treats. The downside? He's brought dead rats and put them near the door; the stink (and the sight of a toothy, 6in long stiff rat) nearly made me toss my dinner.

*No it's nothing like an American "garage," which is usually an enclosed storage area unless you have a classic car - it's a parking slot with a roof over it and has its own gate, sides have bars to prevent people from jumping over the wall then stealing my car's audio equipment.

Apr 6, 2014 at 3:06 AM Post #555 of 1,402
  Get them neutered and also get them a forever home, preferably yours.

Very cute cats.

Local shelter's got our area lined up for a TnR operation. In the meantime, same SOP for that kitten - I'll take him in once he no longer needs as much milk, and I'll pay for his immunization until somebody takes him. Aside from free milk, the other reason why I haven't brought him in is he enjoys the garden too much. Runs around everywhere then jumps on people's feet, then runs back into the bushes. Even my aunt plays with him every morning, sort of. She chases him with her hose without actually hitting him, then stops, then he runs back out onto the driveway asking for more, then they repeat it until the kitten gets tired and crawls back into my side of the property. He still sleeps in the same basket and the tomcat up there stays near him (until the mom comes and drives him away).

I really want to take them in but I've reescued and neutered enough older cats, plus some younger ones I didn't adopt out because the older ones were too fond of them, that 1) I'm spending a lot of cash on their food, and 2) I'm a few cats away from going on Animal Hoarders. For the past year it's all "Hey people I found this little guy blah blah blah I'll pay for his immunization and de-worming if you pick him up at my vet blah blah blah" FB posts. One of them I brought to a friend's house in my Mazda, then went to her vet later day in the family Lexus LS. Talk about a "better life" when they get adopted out! Another one went to my friend's farm, but actually she locks him up in the country home because she's paranoid about King Cobras (I've told her they're north of Manila but she won't take chances). When she's in the city their farm chief's wife takes care of the cats (and they have a few more in their house downtown).

I've been told to post in a local cat owner group with a FB page, but I'm apprehensive given the sorts of posts I see from some people. Generally a lot of them spot what I'd consider a serious condition on the cat, like yellow skin and Mountain Dew-yellow pee, and instead of taking the cat to the vet, they post on the FB page asking if it's serious. What, people - I've picked up sick stray cats (not just the kittens), put them in a cage and in my car (parasites be damned, I fumigate afterwards), and brought them to the vet at the animal shelter and later neutering/spaying. I didn't pick up kittens so they'd get worse medical care in a new home than if they lived in the neighborhood and showed up sick or injured at my door. Unfortunately I'm running out of landed gentry friends to send out cats to (unless I specify they should let them loose in the farm to hunt rats), and my capitalist friends have half a dozen rescue shorthairs or pure breds at home already.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back