Cat-Fi
Aug 1, 2013 at 4:35 AM Post #513 of 1,402

Body language in cats

Check it out!

Aug 15, 2013 at 12:57 PM Post #519 of 1,402
A couple of stray cats around here. First one is a tom named "Zorro" (just look at that mask!) - people here are scared of him because he's huge, and his build is really muscular. However, once you gain his trust, he's actually docile as an indoor pet. I suspect he might have been someone's pet but got loose, again...I encountered him as a kitten back in 2010, left him in a box and assumed his mom cat picked him up, then he reappeared sometime in late 2011/early 2012 as a huge, clean tom "knocking" on (actually, grabbing and shaking) the screen door on my terrace. Dumbass me opened it and he ran into my bedroom and slept under the bed, only to find it occupied (my indoor tomcat was right freakin' there, I nearly had a heartattack thinking they'd be at each other's throats). I pulled him back out, set him on an old basin with an old blanket in the terrace, and gave him food. He sleeps there every afternoon, if not on my car's roof if I'm home; sometimes he stays there at night looking down at the street instead of prowling ground-level. He's kinda gruffy right now, but if no one in the neighborhood responds to posters for him, I'll have him neutered, bring him indoors and clean him up (which will take more than a bath; might need a few weeks on Omega Magic on top of the NutriPet I'm spiking his food with), and find him a good home.

When I first ran into him, he was a kitten...then he disappeared for over a year.

This one I called "Grungie," as a "nicer" way to refer to the dermatitis on her face when she first showed up over here - bald head, dry, red, flaky skin - but it's cleared up well enough with a more proper diet of fish meat (even if just heads and tail meat left-overs). I'm arranging for some people to take them in, and I'll have them neutered/spayed on my own dime, just to get them into good homes. I'd not see them around but otherwise knowing they're in good homes, than getting scared whenever they don't show up for meals.

------------------------------------------------

The neighbors' "rescue" (as in they picked them up off the street, had the vet check them, no adoption fee) cat who runs out of their house after breakfast then sneaks in snacks over at my house before their real dinner at around 10pm. They call her "Mewmews," but my aunt next door calls her "Catpao" and her white rescue sister "Siomeow," after Siopao -  the steamed, meat stew-stuffed buns that for the longest time were said to have cat meat in them. They're no longer taken seriously over here, but some people remind us that back in the mainland people actually do eat cats, and petnapping is lucrative especially when they can nab some exotic pets in Shanghai then sell the meat elsewhere.

Aug 15, 2013 at 6:56 PM Post #520 of 1,402
Aww, your one nice maniac! Anyways, is it true cats pee smells awful?

Aug 15, 2013 at 8:31 PM Post #521 of 1,402
Definitely. Especially when they are not neutered. It's best to get them neutered before they get older or they could get into bad habits of spraying. I didn't get my cat neutered until he was an adult but he was always kept in the house and he only started spraying when the neighbors brought cats to the property and didn't take care of them. I can't stand people who don't take responsibility to neuter animals and then let them lose....
rolleyes.gif
  Anyways luckily he was neutered in time where he didn't get into the habit of spraying so he stopped. He also gained some weight. Still as feisty and playful as ever though.

Also being as lazy as I am I recommend this litter box. Makes it so much easier to clean up compared to the old fashion pooper scooper mess. Also those electronic machines don't touch this litter box IMO. Factor in the price it's a steal of a deal. I use to dread cleaning. Now it's not bad at all. Just make sure not to pull on the tabs. Hold the base of the litterbox when flipping it over and such as if not you'll break the clips. Other than that is works really well (Omega Paw). I suggest getting the full size box.

Note: Do not put too much litter in it as more is actually less lol. You use less litter and you won't have issues. Litter last much longer as well. I clean his litter box daily. As simple as flip it over and empty the canister. That's it!

http://www.amazon.com/Omega-Paw-Self-Cleaning-Litter-Large/dp/B000LVGL1A/ref=sr_1_cc_3?s=aps&ie=UTF8&qid=1376613301&sr=1-3-catcorr&keywords=omega+paw+litter+box

http://www.amazon.com/Omega-Paw-Self-Cleaning-Litter-Regular/dp/B0002DK2A8/ref=sr_1_cc_1?s=aps&ie=UTF8&qid=1376613331&sr=1-1-catcorr&keywords=omega+paw+litter+box

Aug 15, 2013 at 8:37 PM Post #522 of 1,402
Aren't you supposed to get your cat neutered at 6-8 months? Or is that just dogs?

Aug 15, 2013 at 8:45 PM Post #524 of 1,402
I have been using that litter box for years now!
beerchug.gif

Aug 15, 2013 at 8:45 PM Post #525 of 1,402
Quote:
I think you can neuter them generally around 8 weeks. I'm not sure about females though.

8 weeks! Anyways, would you recommend a cat or dog? Specifically a pug or russian blue:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back