Case for Grado headphones
Feb 29, 2008 at 3:59 AM Post #16 of 37
sorry, I'm really new to the game and "metal box w/ a t-shirt and pizza box" as first response sounded very mocking, but I suppose I was out of line, and I apologize for that. Just thought I was being raged on for not having something higher-end.

thank you for the advise shellylh those do look interesting.

Feb 29, 2008 at 4:02 AM Post #17 of 37
Feb 29, 2008 at 4:07 AM Post #18 of 37
I hope you keep it clean from now on, on head-fi. Head-fi is one of the cleanest forums on the net, with polite members and good manners...a real great community serious about audio.

That said

IMG_0112.jpg

IMG_0113.jpg

Bose Original Case for Quiet comfort 1

Feb 29, 2008 at 4:17 AM Post #20 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by h3r2on /img/forum/go_quote.gif
sorry, I'm really new to the game and "metal box w/ a t-shirt and pizza box" as first response sounded very mocking, but I suppose I was out of line, and I apologize for that. Just thought I was being raged on for not having something higher-end.

Don't sweat it. I thought your post was funny. This is an online forum, not a church.

Feb 29, 2008 at 4:19 AM Post #21 of 37
This is what i use. I take the original foam out the pizza box and put it in this case. Its the same size as the grado pizza box but its plastic and about $7.00us

www.officemax.com

Article# 2004-2721
SKU# 007 62016 42646 4

Iris Project Case $6.99us

I tried to find it on the Office Max site to no avail. We sell them in my store though.

Try calling " 1(877) officemax " and telling them the article and sku numbers and maybe they can order one for you,...or maybe your local store has them also.

Feb 29, 2008 at 4:29 AM Post #22 of 37
Feb 29, 2008 at 4:58 AM Post #23 of 37
I got a good chuckle out of this thread.

Feb 29, 2008 at 2:27 PM Post #25 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by kelim /img/forum/go_quote.gif
a metal lunch box and a t-shirt

This is somewhat close to what I did. Basically you can get a metal case with the board games for the show C.S.I, and deal or no deal for like $9.00 on clearance at a Walgreens. I threw out the game took the metal case which already had egg crate type foam lining the top inside, and then I took some felt and foam and lined the inside bottom. The SR80's fit nice and snug and even has extra room to stick my ipod inside the center between the ear cups.

Mar 12, 2008 at 7:17 AM Post #26 of 37
Google "Pistol Case". You can get a hard ABS plastic case with a handle that's foam lined for about $5. These are the el-cheapo cases made for toting a handgun to and from the range. They come in varying sizes, but I got this one for my Grado cans...

Amazon.com: Large ABS, Foam Lined Pistol Case: Sports & Outdoors

Edit> The entire case is foam lined not just the handle... hehe re-read my post and laughed. You'll need to rotate the cans sideways (flat) but it'll fit in there nice and snug.

Mar 12, 2008 at 12:07 PM Post #28 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by filipelli /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I hope you keep it clean from now on, on head-fi. Head-fi is one of the cleanest forums on the net, with polite members and good manners...a real great community serious about audio.

That said

IMG_0112.jpg

IMG_0113.jpg

Bose Original Case for Quiet comfort 1

Ah...so Bose ended up being good for something after all.

Mar 17, 2009 at 3:47 AM Post #30 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by h3r2on /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The SR-80 is high-end ass hat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back