Case for Denon AH-D5000s
Jun 16, 2011 at 7:06 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

julianbell92

100+ Head-Fier
Hi does anyone know how similar the Denon AH-D5000 is in size to the Beyerdynamic DT770, 880 etc. or own both and can compare for me?
The reason I am asking is because I have ordered a Beyerdynamic Headphone case for the aforementioned models in the hope that it will fit my Denons.
Thanks in advance for any replies.

Jun 17, 2011 at 2:26 PM Post #2 of 8
Ah it looks as if they should now, answered my own question:
http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/408599/case-bag-for-denon-ah-d-series

Jul 28, 2011 at 7:36 PM Post #3 of 8
Thought I'd post an update for any other AH-D2000/5000 owners in search of a decent case to let them know that the Beyerdynamic case does fit and does a good job protecting them, especially after I added to the case (see below).

I've started a bit of a mod project on the case for anyone interested...
So far I've bought a strip of black webbing, which I'm going to get embroidered with Denon's logo (white text on black) and then get this machine stitched onto the case over the existing printed Beyerdynamic logo.

I also ordered a custom size square of dark grey packaging foam to fit inside the case lid (which is unpadded as standard) to protect from any knocks to the top of the case. Once I've had the Denon logo strip stitched onto the lid, I'll spray mount the foam to the inside of the lid so it's permanently in place; at the moment I just place it on top of the headphones before zipping it up.

Anyway, once my little project is complete, I'll post pictures for anyone interested.

Jul 29, 2011 at 1:31 AM Post #5 of 8
Looking forward to seeing what you come up with to, as I need a case before I leave for college.

Heres the ideal solution though
http://jaben.net/shopping2/-2-FOR-1_Specials-_Hippocase_-Large-_with_FREE_CrossRoads_HP-3_Metal_Headphone_Stand.html

Jul 29, 2011 at 2:44 AM Post #6 of 8
That's not a bad deal, too bad they're out of stock.

Jul 29, 2011 at 6:03 AM Post #7 of 8
Yeah, I had looked at that too, but I didn't want to wait for the postage to the UK and deal with import tax etc. Someone in India was selling the large hippocase too, but again I didn't want to be dealing with the importing etc. I managed to pick up my beyerdynamic case for £20/$30 and the foam for the inside of the lid was only about £5/$7.
Also it'd be cool to have (possibly) head-fi's (or even the world's!) first Denon branded case. It's a real shame they don't ship the D2000/5000 with anything at all, especially at their respective price points. The box with the D7000 is hardly ideal for transport either.

Jul 29, 2011 at 3:19 PM Post #8 of 8
bump for any uk owners of the denons interested this evening

Users who are viewing this thread

Back