Cascade Headphone by Campfire Audio
Mar 30, 2018 at 1:32 PM Post #751 of 2,728
My video review is now live. Written review by later tonight (US time).

Mar 30, 2018 at 10:07 PM Post #752 of 2,728
Has anybody done (physical) measurements of the Cascades at maximum extension? I am tempted to pick up a pair once I sell a few things on eBay but I am concerned about some of the comments saying that the yokes don't extend very far from the headband.

(ETA: could somebody with a pair run a tape measure from the top of the ear space on one side, along the inside of the headband to the top of the ear space on the other side?)

Last edited:
Apr 1, 2018 at 12:09 PM Post #753 of 2,728
Apr 4, 2018 at 8:55 AM Post #758 of 2,728
I've had the Cascade since CanJam NYC and have yet to try any of the tuning pads; I guess because I've like the sound just fine au naturale. But with certain set-ups, in particular my AK120II/ALO V5 rig, the sound comes off as too dark. Can anyone tell me which tuning pad configuration helps dampen the strictly the bass just a bit without affecting the mids too much?

Apr 4, 2018 at 9:07 AM Post #759 of 2,728
Has anyone tried installing more than one set of filters at a time? It seems like there is quite a bit of room for the bass to be attenuated.

Shouldn't make a difference. The dampers supposedly have pores of different sizes from big to small, if you install more than one, only the filter with the smaller pore will have any effect.

Apr 4, 2018 at 9:17 AM Post #760 of 2,728
Shouldn't make a difference. The dampers supposedly have pores of different sizes from big to small, if you install more than one, only the filter with the smaller pore will have any effect.
I'd say it would most definitely still make quite a difference. I cbf testing that belief though. Currently using the 4T which tames the beast a little.

Apr 4, 2018 at 10:07 AM Post #761 of 2,728
After 30 minutes of audition, bought Cascade as the sound is just so addictive. Musical yet full of details and energy. Good fit and comfort, easy to drive even from iPhone direct,good build quality. Design is kind of boring and nothing to shout about. After months of listening to "reference sound" from my HE1k/Utopia/D8000, the Cascade really come across as a breath of fresh air! Very good synergy with Fiio Q5 (do try this combo if you have the chance) and easy pairing and not fussy with most of my DAPs. Cant stop listening......

Apr 4, 2018 at 12:21 PM Post #762 of 2,728
I've had the Cascade since CanJam NYC and have yet to try any of the tuning pads; I guess because I've like the sound just fine au naturale. But with certain set-ups, in particular my AK120II/ALO V5 rig, the sound comes off as too dark. Can anyone tell me which tuning pad configuration helps dampen the strictly the bass just a bit without affecting the mids too much?

The 4T filters take the bass down a notch and help accentuate the mids - while I like the "naked" sound as well, I find myself going for this filter the most for daily use.

Apr 4, 2018 at 4:52 PM Post #763 of 2,728
The 4T filters take the bass down a notch and help accentuate the mids - while I like the "naked" sound as well, I find myself going for this filter the most for daily use.
4T, I’ll try it. Thanks!

Apr 5, 2018 at 9:23 AM Post #765 of 2,728
I just got my Cascades in the post from earsunlimited.com in Netherlands. They were responsive via email and the delivery to the UK took four business days.

The Cascades are gorgeous and built like a tank. I'm really impressed with them. The bass is a bit overwhelming and syrupy for now but judging by the other comments that will settle down. I had them plugged into my Mimby / Vali 2 combo for a while but honestly the output was too hot even with the low gain switch on the Vali. I'm driving them through the good, old fashioned audio jack on my Samsung Galaxy S9 for now.

Attachments

• IMG_20180405_125709.jpg
    IMG_20180405_125709.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20180405_125709.jpg
    IMG_20180405_125709.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back