Cascade Headphone by Campfire Audio
Mar 14, 2018 at 10:58 PM Post #617 of 2,728
AFEC04CE-76F5-4AA4-855E-2774E725B32B.jpeg

Gaming with Campfire Audio Cascade

Mar 14, 2018 at 11:09 PM Post #620 of 2,728
I'm still not sold on the fit, as the earcups tend to tilt in on the bottom, unless I make a conscious effort to keep them parallel to my head. And, it does alter the sound, especially bass. I can live with it both ways, so take that as you may.
Is it the angle of the wire pulling the headphone down at an angle or just how the cans are weighted?

Mar 14, 2018 at 11:15 PM Post #621 of 2,728
Is it the angle of the wire pulling the headphone down at an angle or just how the cans are weighted?

I believe it is how the cans are weighted, along with the band pinching down onto my head. They do sit fairly wide on my head, wider than if they were off. And, I think that pressure to return to the normal shape plays into the lower part of the cup being compressed against my head. I can still swivel the cups to that parallel fit I talked about, but I had not really noticed the compressing, until I focused on fit. I do notice a bit of fatigue with longer sessions as a result.

Mar 14, 2018 at 11:16 PM Post #622 of 2,728
That would be fantastic! I hope it lives up to what I'm imagining in my head.

Awesome! Hopefully I'll be able to help. I'm kinda bad at using some of the terms people toss around here but know what I think sounds good! For reference, most of my prior listening is with an HD650 + Gustard H10/Opti-modi and a Beyer DT770+ OG Magni/Modi stack (that one is my work setup). I'm planning to replace both home and work setups with this combo, though I'll keep the HD650 around.

Mar 15, 2018 at 11:29 AM Post #625 of 2,728
I'm thinking about pulling the trigger on these, they look fantastic. Does anybody have any experience paired with the WA8 or Q5?
I have my cascade pair with the Fiio Q5 and Galaxy Note 8. It can run on low gain perfectly fine. It sound almost as good as the Vega (IEM) but from what i everyone has been saying is that it needs to be burned in for quiet some time. I usually just naturally burn in from listening. You can hear the floor noise on the Q5 but you really have to be listening for it.

Mar 15, 2018 at 11:35 AM Post #626 of 2,728

Gaming with Campfire Audio Cascade
Gaming on the Cascade was fun but wasn't for me. The sound imaging is great but the sound stage was too small for me for FPS. I prefer my Fidellio X2 over the Cascade for gaming. With the X2 i can really pinpoint where shots are coming from as well as distances. The bass is just ok. I think the Cascade may pair better with Michael Bay Style Movies.

Mar 15, 2018 at 2:00 PM Post #627 of 2,728
I'm thinking about pulling the trigger on these, they look fantastic. Does anybody have any experience paired with the WA8 or Q5?

I tried the Cascade with the Q5 last week. I did not like the pairing. The Q5 has a treble emphasis that is hard to ignore and takes away from the musicality. It gave me the polar opposite experience that the Cascade was designed to deliver. The following is a list of pairings I would recommend:

1. Chord DAVE: great
2. Chord Hugo 2: great
3. iFi nano iDSD BL: good
4. iPad: good

I used to own the WA8 and it was a fantastic pairing with the Utopia. I can't imagine it would be anything less than great with the Cascade.

Last edited:
Mar 15, 2018 at 4:21 PM Post #629 of 2,728
As a non-bald person, I definitely get some fatigue if the strap sits in the exact same position for a long time, but I haven't used/measured this enough to really give you an estimate as to how long before I felt any pressure. I was able to slightly alter the way it sat on my head and it relieved the pain instantly, luckily.

Mar 15, 2018 at 5:26 PM Post #630 of 2,728
Does anyone else find the square earpads too narrow?

I've just demoed it, and even though it ticks many boxes, I just can't get over how it squeezes my ears (I do have big ears)... any narrower and I feel it'd become on-ears.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back