Cascade Headphone by Campfire Audio
Feb 2, 2018 at 1:43 PM Post #46 of 2,728
I got to hear an early prototype of these a couple years ago and I thought they sounded really good at the time.

I can't wait to hear their final voicing at the next SoCal CanJam! :grin:

Last edited:
Feb 2, 2018 at 2:08 PM Post #48 of 2,728
Like the styling. I'd love to check them out. Is there going to be a review tour?

Feb 2, 2018 at 4:04 PM Post #51 of 2,728
Interesting, I’ve heard all the glowing comments about Campfire but have never owned any IEMs and not really sure about getting them. All my listening is on closed back cans for the sound isolation they offer.

I’ve been looking around for a set of closed backs which could take a balanced cable, and with perfect timing these show up. Think I’ll probably just grab these straight off the bat without waiting for any reviews :)

Feb 2, 2018 at 4:28 PM Post #53 of 2,728
Happy owner of CA Andromedas, but with Balanced Cable. Will you develop Balanced cables for the Cascade?

Feb 2, 2018 at 4:50 PM Post #55 of 2,728
I’m really curious about the “open back sound” claim. Did they do something to reduce reflection? Very curious about the Beryllium as well. Is it a layer or fully Beryllium? Specs look sweet. If they really are open sounding I’ll probably purchase

Feb 2, 2018 at 5:03 PM Post #56 of 2,728
VeZOi3L.jpg

Hey Guys,

I returned to the local headphone shop this morning to give the Susvara another listen, but while I was there I also listened to the Cascade and the Sundara. I thought I would share some brief impression on them as they are both new, and very interesting cans. I didn’t get to spend long with either headphone as I was in a bit of a rush, but here are some brief impressions below. Better than nothing, I suppose. Any questions, just ask!

Cascade: If you like the Vega, I reckon this would be up your street. Very prominent bass out of the box, but supposedly this is tuneable with little inserts in the ear pads? I didn’t explore this as I didn’t have the time :frowning2: Very interesting sound, as I said, lots of bass. The treble seemed a bit recessed but I think this is because I was listening to the Susvara before, which isn’t exactly fair. Mids were nice. Not a warm headphone. As far as portable closed headphones go, you could do a helluva lot worse IMO. The build quality and materials are amazing. Very solid construction. Sumptuous sheepskin ear pads. Inside the box is this like…sheepskin rug? Its really nice all round. A lot of thought has obviously gone into this product and it shows. I’m not in the market for a portable headphone, but if I was, I would give this a lot of attention. At the asking price, it would really depend on what you are looking for. For a sit at home and listen headphone, I would look elsewhere as I think you can get better sound for less. For a use out and about headphone, its expensive, but great.

Feb 2, 2018 at 5:05 PM Post #57 of 2,728
I’m really curious about the “open back sound” claim. Did they do something to reduce reflection? Very curious about the Beryllium as well. Is it a layer or fully Beryllium? Specs look sweet. If they really are open sounding I’ll probably purchase

IMO, no. Definitely sound like a good closed back.

Feb 2, 2018 at 5:20 PM Post #58 of 2,728
I've been eyeing the Beyer t5p for a portable setup but these have me reconsidering, I'm excited to hear how they compare and contrast :smile_phones:

Feb 2, 2018 at 5:25 PM Post #60 of 2,728
It is a feeling that I do not want to stray too much drunk to the sound.
I assume this means it is not that 'liquid' sounding?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back