Cascade Headphone by Campfire Audio

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by KB, Feb 1, 2018.
First

Back
1 2 3 4
Page 5 of 94
6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
Next

Last
  1. Dogmatrix
    PVD is Physical Vapor Deposition so I guess it is Beryllium coated something .

2. DoctaCosmos
    Are these the same beryllium pvd drivers found in the rbh headphone?

trellus likes this.
  3. FastAndClean
    no the rbh have 45mm drivers, those are 42mm, but bought are beryllium coated so they are probably very similar

DoctaCosmos likes this.
  4. Niyologist
    This is very tempting. Although I can't spend $800 on this. I have other things to take care of. Someday I won't be broke all the time. You know. From responsibilities.

cardeli22 likes this.
  5. ngoshawk
    Excellent! And congratulations on the next step in your business. The Cascade certainly has many of us intrigued.

6. FastAndClean
    i think the next step will be open back version with signature similar to Andromeda, they are probably working on it right now

7. supervisor
    my Cascade has shipped already. arriving Monday :)

Beagle and XERO1 like this.
  8. KB Contributor
    Forgot to mention,

The burn in on the Cascade is HUGE, so please connect them to any source and play them at normal listening volume and run them for 3 days straight. They really open up after about 72 - 200 hours+ Right out of the box they sound good but improve a lot after burn in.

Thanks

Ken

ALO Audio Stay updated on ALO Audio at their sponsor page on Head-Fi.

https://www.aloaudio.com/
    trellus, easily_amused and Niyologist like this.
  9. XERO1
    Nice! Looking forward to your impressions.

canali likes this.
  10. x RELIC x Contributor
    What improves Ken?

11. easily_amused
    Ken, any information on rollout to other markets? Can we expect these in China officially soon?

12. pervysage
    Oooooh, finally they are here! I have been waiting for these to come out ever since I heard there would be a over-ear offering with Vega like sound (I own the Vegas and fell in love with the sound of them).

When I was reading about the prototypes a while back, apparently there was a beryllium version and a non-crystalline diamond one (the same tech used in the Vega). Refer to this post here: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/cam...a-ii-head-fi-tv.823337/page-171#post-13235393

What exactly does this mean? Did you guys end up going with the beryllium version as the best option or will there still be and upcoming non-crystalline diamond driver version? I want to make sure before I hop on this purchase. Like I said... if it sounds anything like the Vega's, I'm in! :smile_phones:

Also glad to see you guys stuck with the HD800 connectors! If I end up getting these they will be compatible with my Danacable Lazuli HD800 balanced cable which is awesome.

However, if the Campfire in-ear cables are any indication, the stock cable will be no slouch either!

Last edited: Feb 3, 2018
    fuhransahis likes this.
  13. zykorex
    Oh Man! I was this close to placing an order today but just saw your post. I think I'll just wait for the non-crystalline diamond one. Hopefully it comes soon!

14. pervysage
    I guess the best thing would be to wait for a response from Ken! Those posts were quite a while back so the plans may have changed and they have no plans to release a non-crystalline diamond one? We'll see.

Either way, really excited to see these finally release.

15. WriterHead
    799$? Good luck with that.

Walderstorn and TWerk like this.
First

Back
1 2 3 4
Page 5 of 94
6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
Next

Last