Cascade Headphone by Campfire Audio
Oct 23, 2022 at 9:35 AM Post #2,566 of 2,728
Can anyone recommend a good 4.4mm balanced cable option for the Cascades?
DoubelHelix, Molecule SE copper or Molecule Elite silver. Copper for deep bass or silver for larger soundstage and better details.

I have the Molecule Elite silver as I wanted the larger soundstage and better details.

Oct 25, 2022 at 7:56 AM Post #2,572 of 2,728
Hi, I might be a little late to the party, but a couple days ago i bought the CA Cascade. The package however did not include the cloth earpads. I can’t seem to find the cloth pads for sale anymore. Does anyone know how to get a hold of a pair?
They are an optional item, like the XL pads. You need to find a dealer that might have some in stock or maybe even find a used set on Head-Fi or wherever you buy or sell used gear.

Oct 25, 2022 at 5:36 PM Post #2,573 of 2,728
Is CA going to re-release these in an updated model? I still have my OG's and I love them but there's a couple design changes I'd be stoked on to upgrade. #1 would be color options. A brushed aluminum, copper, metallic orange. Give us some variety CA! #2 would be a glow in the dark logo and cable. I have the Mammoths and I can't even stress how much I love this feature. It's not annoying like actual lighting but really helps a lot at night if you listen to music in the dark. #3 would be suede earpads. The cloth ones are not exactly comfortable and make a ton of noise if you wear glasses. #4 (which should be #1 for real) would be a redesigned headband. I don't hate the look of the current one like some people do but it isn't very comfortable. Especially if you lay back the entire headphone just slips off the top. The Cascade is still one of may favorite cans but I think CA can really kill it with a few color options, maybe a very slight re-tuning and increase in comfort.

Oct 25, 2022 at 5:48 PM Post #2,574 of 2,728
Is CA going to re-release these in an updated model? I still have my OG's and I love them but there's a couple design changes I'd be stoked on to upgrade. #1 would be color options. A brushed aluminum, copper, metallic orange. Give us some variety CA! #2 would be a glow in the dark logo and cable. I have the Mammoths and I can't even stress how much I love this feature. It's not annoying like actual lighting but really helps a lot at night if you listen to music in the dark. #3 would be suede earpads. The cloth ones are not exactly comfortable and make a ton of noise if you wear glasses. #4 (which should be #1 for real) would be a redesigned headband. I don't hate the look of the current one like some people do but it isn't very comfortable. Especially if you lay back the entire headphone just slips off the top. The Cascade is still one of may favorite cans but I think CA can really kill it with a few color options, maybe a very slight re-tuning and increase in comfort.
Just a better headband. I would re-buy the same headphone to get a decent headband!

Oct 25, 2022 at 10:36 PM Post #2,577 of 2,728
I wish they would also continue selling the XL pads. I missed my chance to order a set.

Oct 25, 2022 at 10:38 PM Post #2,578 of 2,728
I wish they would also continue selling the XL pads. I missed my chance to order a set.
They are the only pads that I use.

Oct 27, 2022 at 2:00 AM Post #2,579 of 2,728
Yeah, I was lucky to pick up a pair of the xl pads second hand along with the sxc8 balanced cable, which I now use with Jot2. That is a great bouncy listen, some of the best “sometimes food” I’ve got.

Oct 27, 2022 at 3:43 PM Post #2,580 of 2,728
A headband redesign would be tricky since they are fairly clamp dependent for channel balance and detail. I'd love to see a dual Nitinol band core with a more Focal-style padded headband).

Same. The stock pads would be fine but the headband makes the smaller footprint of the stock pads more variable & uncomfy. The XL have additional soundstage benefits too.

I like the aggressive tuning, maybe a little bit more midrange for me.
Headband is for sure #1 priority but I think the cascade would look amazing with different high class color options
Yeah, the mids and the strange metallic timbre from the very high treble are the main things I'd see changed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back