Cascade Headphone by Campfire Audio
Nov 22, 2022 at 4:20 PM Post #2,596 of 2,737
Random thought: What type of sources is everyone running Cascade into?

I'm finding Cascades not as bassy as I've read -- consdering selling and getting Vega 2020 again...

Are you using the original pads?
If you don't consider them too bassy you can always try the filters, they add more bass.
Are your pads in good condition? Bad sealing can ruin the bass.
Cloth or XXL pads have noticeable less bass.

To be fair I don't consider them that bassy. But when there's bass, they are great showing it.

I used them with several sources (Schiit Asgard 3, topping dx3 pro, Hidizs S9 Pro) and I think that these are quite all terrain. They sound good on all of them.

Last edited:
Nov 22, 2022 at 4:55 PM Post #2,597 of 2,737
Random thought: What type of sources is everyone running Cascade into?

I'm finding Cascades not as bassy as I've read -- consdering selling and getting Vega 2020 again...
I've used the Bf2/A3 which I really liked, but switching to balanced from the Jot2 really tightens up this headphone and gives it an extra level of refinement. Depends what you are after though, sometimes that slightly looser, "woolier" sound from the SE works well, especially with older rock, R&B, funk etc.

Dec 5, 2022 at 5:00 PM Post #2,598 of 2,737
Are you using the original pads?
If you don't consider them too bassy you can always try the filters, they add more bass.
Are your pads in good condition? Bad sealing can ruin the bass.
Cloth or XXL pads have noticeable less bass.

To be fair I don't consider them that bassy. But when there's bass, they are great showing it.

I used them with several sources (Schiit Asgard 3, topping dx3 pro, Hidizs S9 Pro) and I think that these are quite all terrain. They sound good on all of them.
Using original pads & tried filters. Agreed they’re not overly booming - clean bass, clear treble presentation.

I’m sure Cascade would shine if I still had the desktop Zen signature stack.

I've used the Bf2/A3 which I really liked, but switching to balanced from the Jot2 really tightens up this headphone and gives it an extra level of refinement. Depends what you are after though, sometimes that slightly looser, "woolier" sound from the SE works well, especially with older rock, R&B, funk etc.
Needed to hear for myself but can say now - Vega 2020 is preferred choice; love the warm relaxed signature.

After trying few headphones/ IEMs combos - thinking preferred choice is IEM.

Fun thought: will do a Cascade Vs. DT1990 comparison as either one or both need be put on the sell block for someone else to use more often.

Dec 7, 2022 at 9:25 AM Post #2,599 of 2,737
So I love my cascades but the cables keep falling out. Like the plug just drops out of the connector. Regularly. At least once every half hour though sometimes more. It's extremely frustrating. Does it with multiple cables, what can I do, I'm half tempted to put a tiny bit of glue on it just to keep it in.

Dec 7, 2022 at 9:34 AM Post #2,600 of 2,737
So I love my cascades but the cables keep falling out. Like the plug just drops out of the connector. Regularly. At least once every half hour though sometimes more. It's extremely frustrating. Does it with multiple cables, what can I do, I'm half tempted to put a tiny bit of glue on it just to keep it in.
What cables are falling out? Are they CA cables?

Dec 7, 2022 at 11:12 AM Post #2,602 of 2,737
They're both alt cables. One by Mavis mods and I can't remember the brand of the other one, silver upgrade cable thing.
I have used all the stock cables and Hart cables and have never had any problems. Are you sure your inputs (into the headphone) are fitting properly? It is an unusual cable. It was my most expensive Hart cable and pretty uncommon.

Dec 7, 2022 at 11:27 AM Post #2,603 of 2,737
I have used all the stock cables and Hart cables and have never had any problems. Are you sure your inputs (into the headphone) are fitting properly? It is an unusual cable. It was my most expensive Hart cable and pretty uncommon.
They go in as far as they can, they don't jiggle around or anything, the magnet seems to hold, if I lightly tug it it doesn't come out, but then I will walk to the store and they'll fall out three times.

Dec 7, 2022 at 11:29 AM Post #2,604 of 2,737
They go in as far as they can, they don't jiggle around or anything, the magnet seems to hold, if I lightly tug it it doesn't come out, but then I will walk to the store and they'll fall out three times.
How about the stock cables?

Dec 7, 2022 at 11:37 AM Post #2,606 of 2,737
These didn't actually come with the stock cables so I do not have them around to test.
It sounds like you got them with or bought crap cables. I find them relatively easy to pull out, but none have ever just fallen out. Sorry to hear.

Dec 7, 2022 at 11:43 AM Post #2,607 of 2,737
It sounds like you got them with or bought crap cables. I find them relatively easy to pull out, but none have ever just fallen out. Sorry to hear.
Heh, I like both of them, the cables, both nice balanced cables that sound great, just the plugs are loose. The one I like (i found the brand) is this thing .

Dec 7, 2022 at 11:55 AM Post #2,608 of 2,737
Heh, I like both of them, the cables, both nice balanced cables that sound great, just the plugs are loose. The one I like (i found the brand) is this thing .
That is a nice cable and is one of the ones that came with mine. It was part of a promotion.

But to be honest, I don't wear these outside. I find the shape strange and I have to use Dekoni Nuggets to make the headband comfortable.

Maybe someone else can chime in that had the same problem.

Dec 7, 2022 at 11:57 AM Post #2,609 of 2,737
That is a nice cable and is one of the ones that came with mine. It was part of a promotion.

But to be honest, I don't wear these outside. I find the shape strange and I have to use Dekoni Nuggets to make the headband comfortable.

Maybe someone else can chime in that had the same problem.
Theyre perfect outside headphones for me tbh. Fit my head right, have the right amount of isolation, good weight and comfort. They're my portable headphones cos I can't take my full size audezes out

Dec 7, 2022 at 3:18 PM Post #2,610 of 2,737
I had the same problem with the scx8, but not with the stock fabric cable or Lavri. This is what Campfire's customer support said:

"There is a slight tolerance on the Lemo connectors that can make some fit snugger than others.

You might want to exchange this."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back