Carolina CanFest 6. 17FEB2018. 10-1500. Concord, NC. CFD Station 7
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 12, 2018 at 2:22 PM Post #331 of 424
Ok, now that all the details are set, I can officially say it. I will have the CAMPFIRE AUDIO CASCADE for everyone to try out. Please send a big thanks to Ken at Campfire for being willing to jump into the fray on short notice and send us these.
Be sure to thank Ken twice actually! I'll have some more details at the event as well!

Feb 12, 2018 at 5:10 PM Post #332 of 424
Ok, now that all the details are set, I can officially say it. I will have the CAMPFIRE AUDIO CASCADE for everyone to try out. Please send a big thanks to Ken at Campfire for being willing to jump into the fray on short notice and send us these.
Awesome!!!!! It would be even better if we had the Mr. Speakers AEON to compare with it since they are the same price. @Army-Firedawg I see that under the Schiit audio section there was Mr. Speakers listed as headphone models to be confirmed, anymore details on that?

Feb 12, 2018 at 5:22 PM Post #333 of 424
I agree as I have thought about the AEON closed a time or two.

Feb 12, 2018 at 5:30 PM Post #334 of 424
From the time I have gotten to spend with the AEON closed on several occasions I love it (I'm not as much a fan of the open version, because of the very slight detail loss, or I guess a better way to put it is a loss of intimacy, but it does sound more natural than the closed variant), it is by far the most comfortable over-ear closed headphone I have ever worn, but the Cascade has me interested because of the obvious pricing to compete with the AEON closed.

Feb 12, 2018 at 5:38 PM Post #335 of 424
I probably should have asked a while ago, but would anyone happen to have a balanced 2-pin CIEM/IEM cable that they could bring to the meet that I could try out?

Feb 12, 2018 at 6:05 PM Post #336 of 424
Awesome!!!!! It would be even better if we had the Mr. Speakers AEON to compare with it since they are the same price. @Army-Firedawg I see that under the Schiit audio section there was Mr. Speakers listed as headphone models to be confirmed, anymore details on that?

From the time I have gotten to spend with the AEON closed on several occasions I love it (I'm not as much a fan of the open version, because of the very slight detail loss, or I guess a better way to put it is a loss of intimacy, but it does sound more natural than the closed variant), it is by far the most comfortable over-ear closed headphone I have ever worn, but the Cascade has me interested because of the obvious pricing to compete with the AEON closed.

Dan's tough to get loaners from, I've been trying for many years. @Army-Firedawg maybe should email him and see if he can ship out a pair for the meet! I think there's more than enough people and competitors in the portable closed back space to merit an Aeon Closed Presence, I heard it in Philly and it really was like a mini Ether C

Feb 12, 2018 at 6:33 PM Post #337 of 424
Dan's tough to get loaners from, I've been trying for many years. @Army-Firedawg maybe should email him and see if he can ship out a pair for the meet! I think there's more than enough people and competitors in the portable closed back space to merit an Aeon Closed Presence, I heard it in Philly and it really was like a mini Ether C
The problem I see is that our meet is in the middle of Canjam NYC, so Dan will be in New York and be needing as many demo units as possible.

Feb 12, 2018 at 8:23 PM Post #338 of 424
@Dellwolf I'll have a balanced 2.5mm Effect Audio EresII cable you're free to try out.

But no, as @Dellwolf said, I strongly believe Mr. Speakers will be too busy with the big meet AS WELL AS there not really being too much notice given for him to send us a pair of headphones. The kit will arrive Wednesday and I will make final confirmations of what's inside then.

I am incredibly excited to welcome Justin from HeadAmp, who said he'll be joining us for CanFest 6!! @Afghan Vet apologies in advance, but I may potentially be borrowing your SR009 for longer than I should to listen to the products he may be bringing (nothing has been confirmed yet [will of course update when it has been]).

Feb 12, 2018 at 8:25 PM Post #339 of 424
@Dellwolf I'll have a balanced 2.5mm Effect Audio EresII cable you're free to try out.

But no, as @Dellwolf said, I strongly believe Mr. Speakers will be too busy with the big meet AS WELL AS there not really being too much notice given for him to send us a pair of headphones. The kit will arrive Wednesday and I will make final confirmations of what's inside then.

I am incredibly excited to welcome Justin from HeadAmp, who said he'll be joining us for CanFest 6!! @Afghan Vet apologies in advance, but I may potentially be borrowing your SR009 for longer than I should to listen to the products he may be bringing (nothing has been confirmed yet [will of course update when it has been]).

That's excellent! I mentioned this meet to him actually up in Philly he seemed interested so I'm happy to hear he reached out to you directly ^^ I enjoyed speaking with him and I know that many of you will as well

Last edited:
Feb 12, 2018 at 8:40 PM Post #340 of 424
Didn't somebody have one for sale in the classifieds? You could always buy it :wink: and have one to bring.

Feb 12, 2018 at 9:05 PM Post #341 of 424
I’ve got a fixed blade Benchmade that I carried while over seas - pretty hard core.

Feb 12, 2018 at 9:05 PM Post #342 of 424
Didn't somebody have one for sale in the classifieds? You could always buy it :wink: and have one to bring.
Lol, I wish I had that kind of money to drop right now.

Feb 12, 2018 at 9:08 PM Post #343 of 424

But no, as @Dellwolf said, I strongly believe Mr. Update: I changed those input polarity settings on the HEC and Digital inputs, and the bass immediately moved up to the dash playing from the phone and FiiO. MB levels - when I opened the software on the laptop, it was L=-6.75, R=-1.0 - I thought it was L=-3.75, R=-1.0. I moved it to that, when I muted all but MB, the voice was far right of center - not sure why. I will have to evaluate this weekend.

Bad news my friend - it was Tom with the SR009’s not me....I have the Focals - not the mighty Stax.

Feb 12, 2018 at 9:09 PM Post #344 of 424
I’ve got a fixed blade Benchmade that I carried while over seas - pretty hard core.

....aahhhh I thought it was you with the 9's (course I could've just checked the list but oh well).

So uh Mr. Tom I may be potentially borrowing your SR009s at the meet :D

Last edited:
Feb 12, 2018 at 9:10 PM Post #345 of 424
Would you happen to know what model it is? I'd be interested in checking it out, I'm thinking about bringing some of my knife collection in case anyone is interested, in a box away unless anyone asks about it, unless anyone is opposed to that? If so, I completely understand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back