Carolina CanFest 6. 17FEB2018. 10-1500. Concord, NC. CFD Station 7
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 12, 2018 at 9:11 PM Post #346 of 424
Bad news my friend - it was Tom with the SR009’s not me....I have the Focals - not the mighty Stax.

Justin had his flagship Stax Amp in Philly, I imagine he'd be bringing the same but we will see! His set up was pretty compact too, only took up a small table!

Feb 12, 2018 at 9:13 PM Post #347 of 424
Bad news my friend - it was Tom with the SR009’s not me....I have the Focals - not the mighty Stax.
Lol, I think this same conversation happened last year.

Feb 12, 2018 at 9:16 PM Post #348 of 424
@Afghan Vet are you saying your Utopias aren't mighty??!?!? Lol

Feb 12, 2018 at 9:18 PM Post #349 of 424
Sad when the HD800 is considered an also-ran isnt it?

Feb 12, 2018 at 9:19 PM Post #350 of 424
Sad when the HD800 is considered an also-ran isnt it?

haha right! I seem to always get last season's "flagships" lol I'll wind up with the Utopia or STAX when the new standard is 10K headphones lol

An GUYS were only 5 DAYS OUT!!!! Whose EXCITED

Feb 12, 2018 at 9:25 PM Post #352 of 424
What is even more humorous about the Stax.....my buddy John bought the SR009’s from Tom who bought the 007’s.....neither will be at the meet. 3 of my [super best] audio friends wont make this Meet because they are tied up with Chinese New Year commitments.

Feb 12, 2018 at 9:42 PM Post #353 of 424
@Dellwolf I'll have a balanced 2.5mm Effect Audio EresII cable you're free to try out.

But no, as @Dellwolf said, I strongly believe Mr. Speakers will be too busy with the big meet AS WELL AS there not really being too much notice given for him to send us a pair of headphones. The kit will arrive Wednesday and I will make final confirmations of what's inside then.

I am incredibly excited to welcome Justin from HeadAmp, who said he'll be joining us for CanFest 6!! @Afghan Vet apologies in advance, but I may potentially be borrowing your SR009 for longer than I should to listen to the products he may be bringing (nothing has been confirmed yet [will of course update when it has been]).
Lol, I missed this earlier. That's great, I've actually been looking at that cable as a potential purchase. The real question is does anyone have a 2.5mm balanced to a 4 pin XLR, which I'm highly doubting.

Feb 12, 2018 at 10:40 PM Post #354 of 424
Lol, I missed this earlier. That's great, I've actually been looking at that cable as a potential purchase. The real question is does anyone have a 2.5mm balanced to a 4 pin XLR, which I'm highly doubting.
Gahhhh I only have a 3.5mm TRRS to 4pin XLR adapter :[

But I do have a 4pin XLR to 3.5mm TRRS adapter so I can take 4pin XLR into 2.5mm but not 2.5mm into 4pin XLR

Feb 12, 2018 at 11:10 PM Post #355 of 424
Gahhhh I only have a 3.5mm TRRS to 4pin XLR adapter :[

But I do have a 4pin XLR to 3.5mm TRRS adapter so I can take 4pin XLR into 2.5mm but not 2.5mm into 4pin XLR
Lol, everything but what I'm looking for, it's alright. I was just wanting to listen to some balanced desktop amps/DACs with my CIEMs.

Feb 12, 2018 at 11:11 PM Post #356 of 424
Lol, everything but what I'm looking for, it's alright. I was just wanting to listen to some balanced desktop amps/DACs with my CIEMs.
well I've got the M3S which as native 2.5mm out but sadly I don't quite have time to order one of those. But I may need one it seems like!

Feb 12, 2018 at 11:43 PM Post #357 of 424
well I've got the M3S which as native 2.5mm out but sadly I don't quite have time to order one of those. But I may need one it seems like!
Nah, you don't need to go through that trouble for me.

Feb 13, 2018 at 9:10 AM Post #358 of 424
Got another couple items too - Fiio is forwarding the F9 Pro tour sample back to me for the meet and Gearbest sent me the Meizu Flow for review so I'll have several IEMS worth trying out.

Meizu Flow (https://www.meizu.com/en/accessory/flow.html) < Check out the FR at mid-page
Fiio F9 Pro
Brainwavz B400
AKG n40

Last edited:
Feb 13, 2018 at 9:33 AM Post #359 of 424
Lol, I think this same conversation happened last year.

HAHA I think I just may have lol

Got another couple items too - Fiio is forwarding the F9 Pro tour sample back to me for the meet and Gearbest sent me the Meizu Flow for review so I'll have several IEMS worth trying out.

Meizu Flow (https://www.meizu.com/en/accessory/flow.html) < Check out the FR at mid-page
Fiio F9 Pro
Brainwavz B400
AKG n40

I'm liking that bump! Looks to be a very warm sounding iem (and sexy looking too).

Feb 13, 2018 at 10:05 AM Post #360 of 424
The flow is super comfortable and I'm not sure it could be made as comfortable with a removable cable (one of the drawbacks) but to make up for that, the cable is Kevlar wrapped so should be pretty durable in its own right.

Signature is warm with a bit of a roll-off on the upper end but still a fair amount of air. Extension on the low end is really good with sub-bass rumble being well done and stealthy, I thought they were a bit light in the low end until a track with 5 string bass at which point they promptly showed they had no problem with 35-40hz tones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back