Carolina CanFest 6. 17FEB2018. 10-1500. Concord, NC. CFD Station 7
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 8, 2018 at 4:39 PM Post #286 of 424
hello fellow head fiers todd here from hilton head sc i will be coming for canfest not new to my headphone affliction but new to head fi (avid reader for 10 years) can u guys answer some ?'s I would be happy to share my cans and gear, should i bring all my fun stuff like amps and dacs? Power conditoner/plug bank all my portable stuff? looking forward to getting to listen to some stuff i've only read about!!!!!! thanks for any guidance there looking forward to meeting some other audio geeks!!!!
Bring any and all you are willing to bring to the meet. I'm sure all of us would be interested in listening to what you have.

Last edited:
Feb 8, 2018 at 4:56 PM Post #287 of 424
ughh i might have to buy a much bigger suitcase!!!!!! thanks for your reply!!!!! i will bring
sennheiser
hd600
hd6xx
hd660s
hd800
all with upgraded cables
hifi man 400i
fostex massdrop purplehearts
Gustard H10 with burson opamps
Antelope Zodiac Plus DAC
xduoo x5 with burson
denon da10
onkyo ipod transport
pure i20 transport
3 ipods all modded
all my portable iem's

Feb 8, 2018 at 5:18 PM Post #288 of 424
Haha, you should check out my email. There is wifi...ish. It's the stations wifi (which is password protected) that isn't the greatest. I'm at a rough point that if I give the code to one I'll have to give it to all which will drastically lower the speeds (which also affects the on duty staff) but yet I understand people at the meet may need the wifi for some streaming. So if it's not ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY to have wifi then I request it not be used.

I would suggest that if anyone is using a service like Spotify, that they use the download feature and grab all the files they may want to have available for offline access. That way they can have their Spotify tunes ready for a listen without needing the WiFi.

Last edited:
Feb 8, 2018 at 5:33 PM Post #289 of 424
hello fellow head fiers todd here from hilton head sc i will be coming for canfest not new to my headphone affliction but new to head fi (avid reader for 10 years) can u guys answer some ?'s I would be happy to share my cans and gear, should i bring all my fun stuff like amps and dacs? Power conditoner/plug bank all my portable stuff? looking forward to getting to listen to some stuff i've only read about!!!!!! thanks for any guidance there looking forward to meeting some other audio geeks!!!!

Howdy Neighbor! Your not too far from myself, your welcome to bring as little or as much as you'd like!

I usually take my portables to a show along with as many of my Dacs as I have a source for, typically I like to bring stuff that's unique to me so others can hear it. Though duplicates are always welcome too, part of the fun of the meet is talking with others and getting to hear their gear!

Either way were happy to have you man, an actually @Afghan Vet was looking to hear an HD 650 with an aftermarket cable as well so be sure to bring it! He's a great guy to chat with and be sure to check out his Table, his Eddie Current Zana Duex amp sounds pretty stellar!!

Last edited:
Feb 8, 2018 at 5:50 PM Post #290 of 424
Power conditioners piqued my interest from that the most since I've had ground loops in my home before, especially when I have a few components going at once.

Feb 8, 2018 at 5:56 PM Post #291 of 424
Power conditioners piqued my interest from that the most since I've had ground loops in my home before, especially when I have a few components going at once.

I'll have my Two Furmans with me, one has active noise filtering, the other is "passive" though the only difference I notice between the two is power delivery. From the Same outlet my "active" noise-filtering Furman power conditioner pulls like 119v, though my smaller "passive" unit only pulls like 107-109v

I installed a Schiit Etir, new Power Cables and an upgraded power conditioner all in the same day, so while I did notice a blacker background with a nice boost in micro detail, I also couldn't say how much each individual component contributed :/

Non the less, @Afghan Vet has some pretty beefy Power Conditioners as well as some Linear Power Supplies [I think] , so there's something to be said for cleaner power. Especially with those more resolving amps imo

Feb 8, 2018 at 6:09 PM Post #292 of 424
i will bring my powervar 12 it is the secret sauce for good clean quiet power!!!!!!!!!

Feb 8, 2018 at 7:02 PM Post #293 of 424
Well, I'm booked at the Homewood Suites for the night of the 17th so SWMBO and I are pot committed at this point.

Feb 8, 2018 at 7:18 PM Post #294 of 424
ughh i might have to buy a much bigger suitcase!!!!!! thanks for your reply!!!!! i will bring
sennheiser
hd600
hd6xx
hd660s
hd800
all with upgraded cables
hifi man 400i
fostex massdrop purplehearts
Gustard H10 with burson opamps
Antelope Zodiac Plus DAC
xduoo x5 with burson
denon da10
onkyo ipod transport
pure i20 transport
3 ipods all modded
all my portable iem's
Awesome!!!! I've really been wanting to get a chance to listen to the HD600, I've never been able to before. Also the Masdrop X Fostex purplehearts, I believe I only got to listen to the mahogany ones at the previous meet up in Greensboro. What are all the IEMs that you will be bringing?

Feb 8, 2018 at 7:29 PM Post #295 of 424
Haha, you should check out my email. There is wifi...ish. It's the stations wifi (which is password protected) that isn't the greatest. I'm at a rough point that if I give the code to one I'll have to give it to all which will drastically lower the speeds (which also affects the on duty staff) but yet I understand people at the meet may need the wifi for some streaming. So if it's not ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY to have wifi then I request it not be used.

I will just bring a Mifi.

Feb 8, 2018 at 8:44 PM Post #297 of 424
shure 535{2 pair) jh audio pro v13 ciem some really cool chinese 5 ways and a handful of other lesser buds!!!!!! none of them get any use after i got the jh audio customs!!!!

Feb 8, 2018 at 9:14 PM Post #299 of 424
shure 535{2 pair) jh audio pro v13 ciem some really cool chinese 5 ways and a handful of other lesser buds!!!!!! none of them get any use after i got the jh audio customs!!!!
I'd definitely like to tryout the SE535, I've tried to tryout (not a typo) them as well as the SE846 and SE215 in airports many many times and I can literally never get a good seal with any Shure IEMs. So it would be nice to have some more time to at least get a chance to hear the sound signature.

Feb 8, 2018 at 10:26 PM Post #300 of 424
Thats not just you @Dellwolf - I found that none of the Shure stock tips fit my ears. I ended up going with spinfits and it cured that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back