Carolina CanFest 6. 17FEB2018. 10-1500. Concord, NC. CFD Station 7
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 7, 2018 at 9:32 PM Post #271 of 424
Is it not similar to the LCD-4?

I haven't heard the 4, but it does sound like a slightly cleaner version of the 2. The bass and tone is very much inline with what I remember from LCD-2. Thankfully it doesn't squeeze my head like that thing did. It doesn't feel near as heavy. Remarkably though, it sounds like a true Audeze, and it can be driven with nowhere near the power it takes to get the other LCDs moving. I miss the wood finish, but the magnesium and carbon fiber are pretty cool too.

Feb 7, 2018 at 9:38 PM Post #272 of 424
I haven't heard the 4, but it does sound like a slightly cleaner version of the 2. The bass and tone is very much inline with what I remember from LCD-2. Thankfully it doesn't squeeze my head like that thing did. It doesn't feel near as heavy. Remarkably though, it sounds like a true Audeze, and it can be driven with nowhere near the power it takes to get the other LCDs moving. I miss the wood finish, but the magnesium and carbon fiber are pretty cool too.

Mhm, I got to hear the MX4 briefly and it was very much a quicker lighter take on the Audeze house sound, not nearly as thick and syrupy as my PreFazor2. But not bad by any means, it was super light. I'm curious to see just how good it can sound with as little power as possible

Feb 7, 2018 at 9:41 PM Post #273 of 424
This meet is going to be ridiculous, the list just keeps growing. Too much to listen to in a just a few short hours, can we please extend this to an overnight? XD

Feb 7, 2018 at 9:44 PM Post #274 of 424
Lol yea it's getting to be quite a lot, I can't do Sunday Though promised the wife that'd be our day. I'll be in earlier that Friday though... but @Zadok and I had some plans to head to some of the shops out in Cary... I could always do those on my own, any one know of a space we could use some what close by on a some what short notice? I have a lot of portables so I wouldn't really need power for some of my stuff...

Feb 7, 2018 at 9:48 PM Post #275 of 424
Mhm, I got to hear the MX4 briefly and it was very much a quicker lighter take on the Audeze house sound, not nearly as thick and syrupy as my PreFazor2. But not bad by any means, it was super light. I'm curious to see just how good it can sound with as little power as possible
I don't really have a good frame of reference. I had only heard the LCD-2. I think it has fairly thick sound though, and everything sounds very smooth, even off of a laptop. I've been impressed with it so far.

Feb 8, 2018 at 10:09 AM Post #277 of 424
I don't really have a good frame of reference. I had only heard the LCD-2. I think it has fairly thick sound though, and everything sounds very smooth, even off of a laptop. I've been impressed with it so far.

A good amp will bring some life to pair with i
I'll also be bringing:
  • Schiit Vali 2 with a Gold Lion tube
  • Schiit Modi Multibit DAC (Mimby)
  • Audio-Technica M50x with velour ear pads
  • Sennheiser HD558
  • Hifiman Sundara (maybe)

Exciting stuff! I'm with @Dellwolf theres' going to be a lot of gear and so little time lol, I got to hear the Sundara last weekend, it was pretty solid, though have you ran you Mx$ through your Vali yet?

Feb 8, 2018 at 10:19 AM Post #278 of 424
A good amp will bring some life to pair with i

Exciting stuff! I'm with @Dellwolf theres' going to be a lot of gear and so little time lol, I got to hear the Sundara last weekend, it was pretty solid, though have you ran you Mx$ through your Vali yet?
Yes!
They sounds great through the little Vali. I also setup Audeze's Reveal plugin with Roon, and that really brings them to life.

Feb 8, 2018 at 10:37 AM Post #279 of 424
Yes!
They sounds great through the little Vali. I also setup Audeze's Reveal plugin with Roon, and that really brings them to life.
Very nice! I've yet to try roon, maybe here in the future when I rebuild my PC

So what brought the Sundara on your radar? The MX4 is quite your unlikely to find something better than it in terms of resolve an detail, though from what I heard the Sundara is a little warmer than how I remember the MX4

Feb 8, 2018 at 10:46 AM Post #281 of 424
Updates peepees

1. Additions have been added to the main page.
    1. Please remember to bring an extension cord and outlet extender things
      1. Though there's a fair amount of outlets but seeing how many we have coming AND how much gear is being present, you may have to share a wall outlet AND I highly encourage the extender things (I've no idea what they're called).
    2. There is to be NO alcohol in any fashion.
  2. We may just be honored to welcome another Vendor/M.O.T. to the meet that I'm very excited to hopefully have.
    1. I will of course update if/when more information becomes confirmed.
  3. There will be a sign in sheet at the meet, please fill out the information solely for the purposes of reaching out to you so that I (or whoever) can contact you when CanFest 7 starts rolling out next year.

I thought there was more but that's all I can think of at present.

EDIT: I may or may not (don't know yet but I would like to) make a YouTube video covering CanFest 6. This may involve interviewing you and asking about your gear. This'll be completely informal and friendly but it's something I really regretted not doing (especially with the Bryston and iFi rep we had) last year.

Last edited:
Feb 8, 2018 at 11:00 AM Post #282 of 424
Updates peepees

1. Additions have been added to the main page.
    1. Please remember to bring an extension cord and outlet extender things
      1. Though there's a fair amount of outlets but seeing how many we have coming AND how much gear is being present, you may have to share a wall outlet AND I highly encourage the extender things (I've no idea what they're called).
    2. There is to be NO alcohol in any fashion.
  2. We may just be honored to welcome another Vendor/M.O.T. to the meet that I'm very excited to hopefully have.
    1. I will of course update if/when more information becomes confirmed.
  3. There will be a sign in sheet at the meet, please fill out the information solely for the purposes of reaching out to you so that I (or whoever) can contact you when CanFest 7 starts rolling out next year.

I thought there was more but that's all I can think of at present.

EDIT: I may or may not (don't know yet but I would like to) make a YouTube video covering CanFest 6. This may involve interviewing you and asking about your gear. This'll be completely informal and friendly but it's something I really regretted not doing (especially with the Bryston and iFi rep we had) last year.

I can bring name tags if you need them unless you've already got some. Also did you say you had wifi at the station? The thread is moving so fast now I can't keep up with it.

David

Feb 8, 2018 at 11:02 AM Post #283 of 424
I can bring name tags if you need them unless you've already got some. Also did you say you had wifi at the station? The thread is moving so fast now I can't keep up with it.

David

Name tags as silly as they sound would be a HUGE help! I was asking for peoples name's 5-6 times at the last meet >.> an I imagine as we get to know each other it won't be as big a deal but for the new members it is a bit much having to ask every one's name over an over, I know I felt a little embarrassed having to ask as much as I did

Feb 8, 2018 at 11:06 AM Post #284 of 424

David

Haha, you should check out my email. There is wifi...ish. It's the stations wifi (which is password protected) that isn't the greatest. I'm at a rough point that if I give the code to one I'll have to give it to all which will drastically lower the speeds (which also affects the on duty staff) but yet I understand people at the meet may need the wifi for some streaming. So if it's not ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY to have wifi then I request it not be used.

Feb 8, 2018 at 4:25 PM Post #285 of 424
hello fellow head fiers todd here from hilton head sc i will be coming for canfest not new to my headphone affliction but new to head fi (avid reader for 10 years) can u guys answer some ?'s I would be happy to share my cans and gear, should i bring all my fun stuff like amps and dacs? Power conditoner/plug bank all my portable stuff? looking forward to getting to listen to some stuff i've only read about!!!!!! thanks for any guidance there looking forward to meeting some other audio geeks!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back