Cardas Ear Speakers delayed but worth the wait!
Aug 11, 2013 at 6:38 AM Post #154 of 453
Quote:
audionewbi, can you explain what is driver flex and how it happen? I'm still don't understand...

You will hear it the driver when it flexes, it sounds like when you rub plastics together. It occurs (and I am guessing) because when we push in the IEM the air that is trapped between our inner ear and IEM driver will require a way to get out as we push the IEM deep inside your ear for a better seal, as a result the air seems to be pushing the IEM and cause the driver flex.

Aug 11, 2013 at 10:41 AM Post #155 of 453
@audionewbi, I see, thanks for the explanation.
like "air pressure", so it harm the driver membrane. I will be carefull handle my dynamic.
So you will claim the warranty?

Btw I not yet receive mine, actually its already in my country but stuck in customs...

Aug 11, 2013 at 1:04 PM Post #156 of 453
Quote:
@audionewbi, I see, thanks for the explanation.
like "air pressure", so it harm the driver membrane. I will be carefull handle my dynamic.
So you will claim the warranty?

Btw I not yet receive mine, actually its already in my country but stuck in customs...

It is air pressure.  Most IEMs don't get damaged from driver flex as they are normally designed to be able to withstand this air pressure and uncrinkle.  When they don't uncrinkle, you get a different sound out of them.  I've never heard of a driver getting "stuck" in the flexed position from driver flex.  I can see some wires disconnecting possibly due to driver flex (requires you to move the entire driver when it flexes though). 

Aug 11, 2013 at 3:41 PM Post #157 of 453
That happened pretty often to the Monster MD Tributes if I recall correctly. They were pretty decent sounding, but the build quality was horrible.

Aug 11, 2013 at 6:35 PM Post #158 of 453
Quote:
That happened pretty often to the Monster MD Tributes if I recall correctly. They were pretty decent sounding, but the build quality was horrible.

With the Tributes, I'm not sure exactly what's happening there...  I don't think that people had an issue of the driver dying due to driver flex (EG, the driver couldn't flex back), but rather, it was a hassle to deal with.  If you've had an IEM with bad driver flex, you'll definitely know what I mean.  It literally takes 3-5x as long to put an IEM on that has bad driver flex as opposed to one that doesn't have it. 

I know from experience that the H-200's driver flex was extremely annoying for me as it takes me forever to actually put them on :frowning2:  If put on incorrectly, and flexed, I don't get audio out of the flexed side, but if it unflexes, while I'm adjusting the seal, you'll hear sound properly out of it.  When releasing, it goes back into the flexed position.  I have to get the perfect fit, perfect amount of pressure, perfect positioning, perfect angle, perfect insertion depth, etc to get a proper fit (and sound) with my H-200.  Doesn't mean it's broken, just means it's got bad driver flex. 

Note, that the fit with the H-200 is different for everyone.  There is a huge group of people who eventually returned, or sold, their H-200 due to flex issues.  Same thing goes for the Turbines.  The Turbines also had another issue of sound actually cutting out.  Although it's possible that this is due to driver flex, I have a feeling it was more likely electrical (wiring came undone/disconnected). 

Aug 14, 2013 at 11:01 AM Post #159 of 453
Just purchased a pair of these from Todd R and received them yesterday.  Listened for a good long session last night and again today while working.  Initially I was a little disappointed but they are steadily growing on me.  Particularly as I skew my listening towards my higher resolution files.

The one down side I keep noticing though is the bass seems to be a little loose.  So far I've only been listening direct out of my iPod and Mac Book.  Its a little better on the Mac Book, but still loose.  Has anyone experienced the bass tightening up by using an amp?

Aug 14, 2013 at 6:54 PM Post #161 of 453
Quote:
Just purchased a pair of these from Todd R and received them yesterday.  Listened for a good long session last night and again today while working.  Initially I was a little disappointed but they are steadily growing on me.  Particularly as I skew my listening towards my higher resolution files.

The one down side I keep noticing though is the bass seems to be a little loose.  So far I've only been listening direct out of my iPod and Mac Book.  Its a little better on the Mac Book, but still loose.  Has anyone experienced the bass tightening up by using an amp?

Did you try the blue tips yet?

Aug 15, 2013 at 1:00 PM Post #163 of 453
I gave both the white and blue tips a good listening session and personally prefer the blue.

It's not that I find the bass over-powering - I actually really like the overall sound signature - I just find it a little loose.  When there is a complex bass line it seems to have trouble keeping up.

Overall though - big improvement over my previous iems and I am truly enjoying the sound signature.  There is enough detail retrieval to satisfy me, there is a warmth to the sound and the sound stage is excellent to my ears.

Aug 15, 2013 at 1:45 PM Post #164 of 453
I like these, to me they have rich bass and midbass, decent mids and pleasant non-fatiguing but rolled off highs.

They're the LCD2's of IEMs
ksc75smile.gif

Aug 15, 2013 at 3:56 PM Post #165 of 453
Quote:
I like these, to me they have rich bass and midbass, decent mids and pleasant non-fatiguing but rolled off highs.

They're the LCD2's of IEMs
ksc75smile.gif

sounds to me like you're 'fainting with damn praise'

I like them both too!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back