Car guys! First car help!
Feb 27, 2005 at 6:42 PM Post #47 of 96
05 Mustang GT= $25K base price with cool looks and raw power
05 Subaru STi= swiss knife version of cars with all wheel drive advantage
05 Mazda RX8= stylish 4 door coupe with refined and balanced driving manner

I like these 3 choices the most. It looks like you want 4 seats...Although I like Infiniti G35 coupe, it will cost you around $35K with brembo package and all. Also think G35 is more classier and mature than 350Z.

Feb 27, 2005 at 7:07 PM Post #48 of 96
I think the mustang GT seems like a good choice as well.

The G35 without the Brembo package already outspecs the STi, IMO. Also, I hear that the Brembo package has given alot of brake squeal problems and the stock brakes aren't that bad anyways.

The mustang has a retro appeal, its relatively new, and a big, torquey and powerful motor. And its a really good deal at $25,000.

Feb 27, 2005 at 11:21 PM Post #49 of 96
Dangit, the G35 looks solid too! Nice specs and everything. Well, I guess add it to my list of test-drive cars! And no on the M3, I just don't like it's looks.

Cars to test drive:
RX-8
STi
EVO MR
G35

-Z

Feb 27, 2005 at 11:34 PM Post #50 of 96
If you dont mind a used car, you might want to look at a Jaguar XKR. It will shock your friends and be the hottest car on the block (maybe) but highly not recommended if its your only car and you don't have any good mechanic friends. They depreciate like crazy. Kelly Blue Book (www.kbb.com) says that a 2000 coupe will set you back 27 grand in excellent condition. Hell of a deal, if you ask me.

Feb 27, 2005 at 11:35 PM Post #51 of 96
kep_het_kep_03_12_jaguar_xkr_coupe_nagy.jpg

Feb 27, 2005 at 11:39 PM Post #52 of 96
BMW_M3_2000-_3492.jpg

I'd call that sexy and classy, but I dont like the boy racer look, eh.

To each his own.

What about newer Saabs?

a new 9-3 Aero has a 210 Horsepower along with alot of great luxury features.

build5_93s_Aero_278.jpg

Feb 27, 2005 at 11:58 PM Post #53 of 96
It's a shame they don't make the Trans Am anymore, that would be my $30k car of choice. The RX-8 looks really awesome but I've heard about the gas and oil guzzling issues which would cause me to hold off on it. I'd most likely end up with the Z.

Also speaking of Nissan, yesterday a co-worker of mine told me that Peugeot bought them about a year ago. Is this true?? Also it's pretty lame that they are calling the G35 the Skyline and not bringing over the real car.
frown.gif

Feb 28, 2005 at 12:51 AM Post #55 of 96
Quote:

Originally Posted by HiGHFLYiN9
Also speaking of Nissan, yesterday a co-worker of mine told me that Peugeot bought them about a year ago. Is this true?? Also it's pretty lame that they are calling the G35 the Skyline and not bringing over the real car.
frown.gif

Nope, Renault took over Nissan years ago. Ever since Nissan is coming back strong and live thus overtaking #2 spot in Japan. Again people forget and not know what exactly Skyline is about. The G35 is a deserving skyline which has its heritage of being japanese muscle 4 door sedan. Always been and always will. The Skyline you're thinking is the GTR version. R series made its fame on the sedan's counterpart and their GT racing programs. There's alot of talk about introduction of completely new Skyline GTR which differs from the current line-up.

Feb 28, 2005 at 8:17 AM Post #59 of 96
Not the best looker, I mean it's not much different from a Neon, but it performs well for the price, I'm told. I think it's like $20k. You could throw another $10k into upgrades and really get a performer. Or you could put it in your pocket like a good college student.
tongue.gif
I read that it'll give you the acceleration at low RPM that Japanese cars tend to lack, according to http://www.allpar.com/reviews/2003/srt-4.html.

StealthSRT.jpg

Here's another one. I think this one is used for racing:

silver_srt4.jpg

Feb 28, 2005 at 9:02 AM Post #60 of 96
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cyrillic
Not the best looker, I mean it's not much different from a Neon, but it performs well for the price, I'm told. I think it's like $20k. You could throw another $10k into upgrades and really get a performer.

But at the end of the day, you're still driving a Neon. Not something I'd brag about...something tells me this one won't make Zemo's list.
wink.gif

That second one is pretty nice looking, though. And yeah, they do perform pretty admirably for their pricetag.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back