car-fi
Jun 24, 2018 at 1:33 AM Post #1,216 of 1,421
Just picked up my new BMW 2018 M240i. A true driver's car, rides better than an M2 but just as fast as my 400 HP GTO.

BMW1sm.jpg

BMW2sm.jpg

Oct 27, 2018 at 9:47 PM Post #1,222 of 1,421
I bought a 2014 Audi RS7 last year... most days I drive an 2008 Cadillac Escalade EXT or a 2013 Kia Rio
IMG_0122 (1).JPG

Nov 2, 2018 at 11:03 PM Post #1,224 of 1,421
Any 911 fans?
Been eying out a 996 C4s for a while :blush:

Lots of engine issues with those. I'd get a 911 made in 2009 and later for the most reliability. Engine issues are not cheap.

I ordered the 991.2 GT3RS a few months ago. This should hopefully be my last track car. I really wanted the GT2RS, but I live in a city that gets very hot and every turbo car I owned has suffered from heat soak. Some worse than others. And the GT2RS is a big step up in price.

Nov 3, 2018 at 2:40 AM Post #1,225 of 1,421
Lots of engine issues with those. I'd get a 911 made in 2009 and later for the most reliability. Engine issues are not cheap.

I ordered the 991.2 GT3RS a few months ago. This should hopefully be my last track car. I really wanted the GT2RS, but I live in a city that gets very hot and every turbo car I owned has suffered from heat soak. Some worse than others. And the GT2RS is a big step up in price.

A GT3 RS would be my dream Porsche for track use and a regular CS or GTS for normal road use since the roads where I stay are not always the best. I personally prefer the naturally aspirated models over the turbos, but that being said I've been in a 991.2 Turbo S before and the launch control in that car is incredible so I'd imagine the GT2 RS would be even more so.

Nov 3, 2018 at 9:04 AM Post #1,226 of 1,421
We have Porsches plus an AMG. My wife and I drive on track a lot.

Nov 4, 2018 at 2:06 AM Post #1,227 of 1,421
A GT3 RS would be my dream Porsche for track use and a regular CS or GTS for normal road use since the roads where I stay are not always the best. I personally prefer the naturally aspirated models over the turbos, but that being said I've been in a 991.2 Turbo S before and the launch control in that car is incredible so I'd imagine the GT2 RS would be even more so.

If you ever pick up a GTS model, do not get the optional sports suspension as it's tuned for the regular model. The GTS gets it's owned tuned suspension, but many people who buy it do not know that it gets special tuning and it's really good. I drive the GTS the most as it's incredibly well balanced and I like the 997.2 as it was the last to have hydraulic steering and has a shorter wheelbase. It has more of that 911 rear engine feel than the newer 991 models. I like the tech and track abilities of the 991, but the older models are more fun to drive on the street. If I didn't suffer from a bad neck and shoulder pain, I'd get a 964 or 993. PDK is really great especially at my age and my physical condition where rowing gears for several hours on a road trip stops being fun. Cayman S and GTS are great models too. They are extremely easy to drive at the limit, have more room for weekend trips, and can feel just as sporty as it's a 2 seater.

Nov 4, 2018 at 7:02 AM Post #1,228 of 1,421
If you ever pick up a GTS model, do not get the optional sports suspension as it's tuned for the regular model. The GTS gets it's owned tuned suspension, but many people who buy it do not know that it gets special tuning and it's really good. I drive the GTS the most as it's incredibly well balanced and I like the 997.2 as it was the last to have hydraulic steering and has a shorter wheelbase. It has more of that 911 rear engine feel than the newer 991 models. I like the tech and track abilities of the 991, but the older models are more fun to drive on the street. If I didn't suffer from a bad neck and shoulder pain, I'd get a 964 or 993. PDK is really great especially at my age and my physical condition where rowing gears for several hours on a road trip stops being fun. Cayman S and GTS are great models too. They are extremely easy to drive at the limit, have more room for weekend trips, and can feel just as sporty as it's a 2 seater.

Totally agreed on the 997 vs 991 comparison. For me, the 997 is the ultimate street 911 - plenty of the old school 911 feel, yet also modern enough in the right ways.

Nov 4, 2018 at 7:32 AM Post #1,229 of 1,421
Totally agreed on the 997 vs 991 comparison. For me, the 997 is the ultimate street 911 - plenty of the old school 911 feel, yet also modern enough in the right ways.

That's why I'll sell everything but the 997.2 Carrera GTS if I ever had to sell a car. I was talking to the former editor of Excellence magazine (I think he's the editor of the pca magazine now) on rennlist and he said that the 997.2 Carrera GTS with the special tuned suspension is his favorite overall street 911. It really is well balanced for all roads compared to the RS which can give me a headache on roads that aren't perfect. I'm just bummed that it's getting cold and track season is done til the spring.

Nov 8, 2018 at 9:27 PM Post #1,230 of 1,421
You guys are killing me. What great cars. All I have is the past.

1969 Plymouth GTX w/ 426 Hemi that was beat.

Had a girlfriend with a '77 BMW 633CSii, and I drove. The car was cool, she not so much.

Then a 1990 Acura Legend

Final good car was an '03 Infiniti G35 w/ cold air intake, and a stainless exhaust.

At least I never owned an SUV, truck, or station wagon. But I do drive an '11 Avalon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back