car-fi
Nov 10, 2018 at 9:49 PM Post #1,231 of 1,421
You guys are killing me. What great cars. All I have is the past.

1969 Plymouth GTX w/ 426 Hemi that was beat.

Had a girlfriend with a '77 BMW 633CSii, and I drove. The car was cool, she not so much.

Then a 1990 Acura Legend

Final good car was an '03 Infiniti G35 w/ cold air intake, and a stainless exhaust.

At least I never owned an SUV, truck, or station wagon. But I do drive an '11 Avalon.
How about a '04 G35 manual?

71elzRD-NxL._UY560_.jpg

That's the one I got, but the suspension is stiff for a daily driver, particularly in the congested area with rough roads in Mass, it's not the best option. I was considering an M3, but decided to go for the value in a used G35 coupe. They are a beaute. Love the countour and the tailights.

P1030349.JPG

I personally prefer the 2nd gen Acura Legend.

legends-21.jpg

My generation was the rise of Japanese sports cars during the 90's. Supra, MR2, NSX, Integra Type R, s2000, Civic Type R, Fair lady Z, 3000GT, Eclipse, RX7, Skyline GTR

I always wanted a GTR ever since the Skyline R34

1200px-Nissan_Skyline_R34_GT-R_Nür_001.jpg 640px-Nissan_Skyline_R34_GT-R_Nür_002.jpg

2017-nissan-gt-r-nismo-photos-and-info-news-car-and-driver-photo-668537-s-original.jpg i14K5cCMq8IQdz.jpg

Last edited:
Nov 11, 2018 at 9:45 AM Post #1,232 of 1,421
How about a '04 G35 manual?

That's the one I got, but the suspension is stiff for a daily driver, particularly in the congested area with rough roads in Mass, it's not the best option. I was considering an M3, but decided to go for the value in a used G35 coupe. They are a beaute. Love the countour and the tailights.

Didn't own but drove a '84 Supra, that car had some get up - given what was out there at the time.

I had the dough for a hot car in '03, but the only 2 seater I could fit in was the 430 SC, but I couldn't get into the styling - wanted a Boxster, Z3, or a 2000.

Nice pics - my G35 was dark gray, with a perforated uniform 3/4" aluminum grill, and all the rear badging except the symbol taken off, and dark front and rear light covers.

I personally prefer the 2nd gen Acura Legend.

My generation was the rise of Japanese sports cars during the 90's. Supra, MR2, NSX, Integra Type R, s2000, Civic Type R, Fair lady Z, 3000GT, Eclipse, RX7, Skyline GTR

I always wanted a GTR ever since the Skyline R34

Aug 3, 2019 at 10:35 PM Post #1,235 of 1,421
I drive an Audi A7. Unfortunately, this model doesn't get much love in even Audi forums as well :pensive:

Jan 12, 2020 at 8:58 PM Post #1,236 of 1,421
I didn't want to start a new thread for campers, but damn! This is the camper I didn't know I wanted, wow! Thing is built like a tank, and I bet it's military grade level stuff with off-road capabilities.

Military has these huge trucks that's capable of going off-road to setup as a camper.

Last edited:
Apr 1, 2020 at 11:12 AM Post #1,237 of 1,421
Had a 1.4 diesel Mazda 2 for 2 months, all sorts of problems with it so I sold it and got a 1.8 Petrol Ford Focus (2008 model) instead

received_212038006875144_2.jpeg

Jun 15, 2020 at 5:37 PM Post #1,238 of 1,421
It's been a while since the last post. I doubt many will know what I imported back in Feb.

38447.jpg

20200520_173641.jpg

Aug 30, 2020 at 2:55 PM Post #1,244 of 1,421
New Bronco is nice, and definitely something I would really look more into if had the money for it (2-door Wildtrak version with manual transmission).

For the limited offroading stuff I like to do (more interested in just high speed unpaved desert trails), my modded 2WD Nissan Frontier works great. The only things really left to do to get it where I want it is install the Eaton TruTrac differential I bought to replace factory open one, make a custom seat mount for installing the Recaro Sportster GT drivers seat (stock seats are generally uncomfortable, too tall of a seating position, and don't hold well in cornering), do the Morimoto M LED 2.0 headlight retrofit (currently rocking the Diode Dynamic HID setup in the stock headlights along with their SS3 Sport Fog light), and eventually order the custom Shrockworks rear bumper (integrates the receiver and 7pin electrical connection into the bumper while providing additional 3" of clearance for departure angle, providing recovery points solidly connected to frame that could be used for pulling full tow weight capacity, and an actual reduction in weight over stock bumper + hitch combo.)

Already have good upgraded suspension (full Old Man Emu setup with 1/2" lift spacer and SPC adjustable upper front A-arms for better performance than stock all around even with the mild ~2" lift), upgraded tires/brake rotors/brake pads, an intake manifold spacer for more low end grunt (~30lbft more around 2krpms), and Hefty Fabrication custom aluminum radiator & engine protection undertrays (half the weight of the steel versions with ~80% of the protection level). Does great at taking primative desert roads/trails at high speed (85-90mph)... and rides and performs well at speed daily onroad as well even with the stock open differential.

Last edited:
Sep 12, 2020 at 7:24 AM Post #1,245 of 1,421
New Bronco is nice, and definitely something I would really look more into if had the money for it (2-door Wildtrak version with manual transmission).

For the limited offroading stuff I like to do (more interested in just high speed unpaved desert trails), my modded 2WD Nissan Frontier works great. The only things really left to do to get it where I want it is install the Eaton TruTrac differential I bought to replace factory open one, make a custom seat mount for installing the Recaro Sportster GT drivers seat (stock seats are generally uncomfortable, too tall of a seating position, and don't hold well in cornering), do the Morimoto M LED 2.0 headlight retrofit (currently rocking the Diode Dynamic HID setup in the stock headlights along with their SS3 Sport Fog light), and eventually order the custom Shrockworks rear bumper (integrates the receiver and 7pin electrical connection into the bumper while providing additional 3" of clearance for departure angle, providing recovery points solidly connected to frame that could be used for pulling full tow weight capacity, and an actual reduction in weight over stock bumper + hitch combo.)

Already have good upgraded suspension (full Old Man Emu setup with 1/2" lift spacer and SPC adjustable upper front A-arms for better performance than stock all around even with the mild ~2" lift), upgraded tires/brake rotors/brake pads, an intake manifold spacer for more low end grunt (~30lbft more around 2krpms), and Hefty Fabrication custom aluminum radiator & engine protection undertrays (half the weight of the steel versions with ~80% of the protection level). Does great at taking primative desert roads/trails at high speed (85-90mph)... and rides and performs well at speed daily onroad as well even with the stock open differential.
As I get older I get more and more interested in trucks. I always wondered why F150 is best selling vehicle in the US? I know the US has a culture for off-roading and ruggedly practical.

I think I'm just getting sick of less practicality of sporty cars. It just feels good to be in a higher level vehicle that can take on more terrain types.

I've always been interested in Tacoma. Maybe one in the horizon for me.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back