car-fi
Mar 20, 2010 at 4:52 AM Post #151 of 1,421
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hanafuda /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just bought my wife this CPO '07 c280 4Matic. 28k miles, but damn is it cherry inside and out. I know the Beemer has more clout as a driver's car, but who said my wife's a driver?
tongue.gif
Seriously, I prefer her having the alltime 4WD over the 325's RWD, and this thing is loaded to the hilt.

Snagged the pics off the dealer's site before we went to buy it. Haven't taken any pics of my own yet .. too much snow.

I own the 07 c320 4matic and this is a great ride. I love how smooth it feels. The only thing that i absolutely hated about this thing was there is no room in the back. I had driven my friends around and i'd get so many complaints on this matter, so i decided to test it out myself and It is just a dread to sit back there!! This is definitely not your average family car, but for a 3 person ride. It is phenomenal.

Mar 20, 2010 at 8:05 AM Post #152 of 1,421
I've got an A6 2.7T S-line just like this one, but in Meteor Gray metallic. 265hp, 280ft.lbs @1800rpm. It's got sway bars and coilovers, but I haven't done anything to the ECU yet. Will probably wait until the CPO warranty is out for that. Also thinking about putting on some 18" Hartmann S8-style wheels. I don't like the thin spoke RS4 wheels that everyone and their grandmother puts on their Audis.

00.jpg

01.jpg

09.jpg

Mar 20, 2010 at 9:41 PM Post #153 of 1,421
Quote:

Originally Posted by leftnose /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What's wrong with the 370? I have read that they are more than a little loud.

The 37Z is a bit loud but not anymore than other sport cars or sport coupes. What I miss is 100 ft-lb's of torque. If you look at the raw numbers the two cars weight about the same but the Vette has 100 ft-lb's more and you can feel the difference. Otherwise, the 370Z with a $13K lower price (base to base comparison) is a very nice car.
icon10.gif

Mar 21, 2010 at 6:12 AM Post #156 of 1,421
Quote:

Originally Posted by cyberspyder /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So how's the maintenance on those seals?
biggrin.gif

62,xxx miles and not a single problem. Just took it out from Winter storage today, hooked the battery up, and it fired up within one second.

Mar 21, 2010 at 7:49 AM Post #157 of 1,421
Mar 21, 2010 at 11:06 PM Post #158 of 1,421
Quote:

Originally Posted by krmathis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sweet looking RX7.
biggrin.gif

There is just 'something' with wankel engines. Too bad only Mazda make them

There's a reason for that. The power and the silky response are unique to rotary engines, but they also produce no real torque without forced induction, they have serious emissions control problems, and they drink oil by the barrel.

Mar 21, 2010 at 11:22 PM Post #159 of 1,421
Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveBSC /img/forum/go_quote.gif
There's a reason for that. The power and the silky response are unique to rotary engines, but they also produce no real torque without forced induction, they have serious emissions control problems, and they drink oil by the barrel.

By the barrel? Not quite.

Don't know what you mean about emissions either, not every location requires a lab test of the exhaust fumes, and even if it did, the RX-8s don't have a problem with emissions.

Mar 22, 2010 at 3:14 AM Post #160 of 1,421
Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveBSC /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by jfindon /img/forum/go_quote.gif
By the barrel? Not quite.

Don't know what you mean about emissions either, not every location requires a lab test of the exhaust fumes, and even if it did, the RX-8s don't have a problem with emissions.

This is why I don't like the atmosphere around the rotary -- too much misinformation. It's really troubling that you have to talk to a real owner of the vehicle in order to get a more informed opinion of the vehicle and debunk those myths that seem to crop up.

Minor rant, sorry.

Nice RX-7, though I've said that before
biggrin.gif

Mar 27, 2010 at 1:42 AM Post #161 of 1,421
Took this picture last summer at the Generac 500, Road America, Elkhart Lake Wisconsin.
img02371111.jpg

Mar 27, 2010 at 9:29 PM Post #163 of 1,421
nope i wish it was myn!!! i just couldnt pass up the photo op with that tree
biggrin.gif

Mar 28, 2010 at 1:27 AM Post #164 of 1,421
Quote:

Originally Posted by francisdemarte /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My 2002 Supercharged S2000 on my cross country Chicago to L.A on Route 66 roadtrip:

Nice! Here's a few pictures of mine from awhile back. I'm supercharged as well (Comptech).

web.jpg

web.jpg

car%20rust%20top%20down.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back