car-fi
Apr 13, 2010 at 10:31 PM Post #181 of 1,421
Quote:

Originally Posted by appophylite /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The first car I learned to drive on:

TheGoodOlTrustySidekick.jpg

'95 Sidekick and I still have it in the family - gave it to my sister last summer as her daily driver since it still ran well and was only just over 50K miles. Twas a beast off-road for its size and power: you probably wouldn't last on the Rubicon Trail with it stock but it could take on a lot more successfully than you would think!

Then came my infrequent daily driver for about 5 years:

01XJ.jpg

'01 XJ Jeep Cherokee Sport. My parent's bought this one for me as my daily driver during college, but my dad loved it so much that it became his daily driver during the winters and I used it during the summers and switched back to the Sidekick whenever I walked into the garage and realized the XJ was 'missing'
wink.gif

Last year, I picked up my current driver and it is by far my favorite:

WranglerInItsNaturalEnvironment-1.jpg

'09 JK Jeep Wrangler Unlimited. Everyone except for my parents thought that I was going to gravitate towards a small sports car as my first car purchase and I surprised everyone when I went with this, but damned if I don't love her to death. Offroad, she doesn't even realize she's off the road and in the Fairbanks winters, I have yet to manage to lose control of her. Plus, in the summer, being able to pop off the roof panels and go open air is just exhilarating.

WranglerOnTheRoad.jpg

Nice Jeep. Get the doors off and you'll really love the open air. I also have a wrangler, 06 TJ sport, I may have a pic already in this thread...if not, I will try and remember to update when the lift and 33s go on (hopefully within a 4-6 weeks)

Apr 21, 2010 at 1:21 PM Post #183 of 1,421
My '96 Impala....basically a weekend car.

MyImpalaSS021.jpg

Impala004-1.jpg

engine2011.jpg

My daily driver....'06 GTO 6speed

MyGTO008.jpg

MyGTO015.jpg

Apr 22, 2010 at 1:03 AM Post #186 of 1,421
Some pretty sweet rides in this thread! *drool* Thinking of getting an MX-5 sometime soon
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 22, 2010 at 1:34 AM Post #187 of 1,421
IMG_3793-1.jpg

my dad's car (Pontiac G8 GT), doesn't let anyone else drive it though
frown.gif

such a great feeling car though, I drove it for a little bit and it's spectacular.

I just drive our old Oldsmobile Alero.

Apr 22, 2010 at 2:41 AM Post #191 of 1,421
What's wrong with him posting his fathers car?

He must feel proud of his dad's possession and felt he needed to share it. There's nothing wrong with that.

Apr 22, 2010 at 9:35 AM Post #192 of 1,421
There is a bit of a difference between the US Pontiac GT to our Aussie Holden SS Comodore, they are pretty much the same car.

Have any of you seen the V8 Supercars that race within Aus..?? If you like muscle cars then these will give wood
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 23, 2010 at 2:42 AM Post #195 of 1,421
My 2003 Honda Element had a chunk of tree fall on it and total it.......

IMG_1067.jpg

IMG_0073.jpg

So I replaced it with a 2010 Honda Element SC.....Dealer told me it was Blue, then Sky Blue then when they were driving it out here she called and said 90% White 10% Blue.......i don't know but never thought I would own a white car.

IMG_0092-1.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back