car-fi
Feb 11, 2010 at 5:26 AM Post #136 of 1,421
Just bought my wife this CPO '07 c280 4Matic. 28k miles, but damn is it cherry inside and out. I know the Beemer has more clout as a driver's car, but who said my wife's a driver?
tongue.gif
Seriously, I prefer her having the alltime 4WD over the 325's RWD, and this thing is loaded to the hilt.

Snagged the pics off the dealer's site before we went to buy it. Haven't taken any pics of my own yet .. too much snow.

P2681_02.jpg

P2681_03.jpg

P2681_06.jpg

P2681_09.jpg

Feb 18, 2010 at 11:00 PM Post #137 of 1,421
Mar 13, 2010 at 7:48 PM Post #138 of 1,421
I'm thinking about buying a new Corvette. Within my budget, I can get the base model with a hard top.

I am leaning towards an automatic, because is it will be easier to drive.
Also, I read that automatics have a hirer resale value.

I used to have a manual 4 cylinder truck. On a 4 cylinder truck you need a manual because you get more horse power.

But on the Corvette, the automatic and manual have the same horse power.
I don't know what it is like to actually have a manual on a car with a lot of horse power.

Can anyone chime in this that has owned a Corvette or similar sports car?
This has been my dream can ever since I was a little kid, so I don't want to make a mistake and buy it without a feature I don't like.

Mar 13, 2010 at 11:03 PM Post #139 of 1,421
arnesto, it will be your car so get whatever makes you happy.
wink.gif
I love ragtops but they are noisier and heavier. Personally Corvette's and Ferraris must be red and w/ stick shift (manual). Man I do miss my '04 Vette, the '09 370Z I replaced it with is not doing it.
frown.gif

DSCN0302R2.jpg

nissan370zfrontviewr3.jpg

Mar 14, 2010 at 1:28 AM Post #140 of 1,421
Your better off getting the Corvette with manual and in red or black if your looking for better resale value.

With the amount of low end torque it produces it should be much easier to drive than a small engine truck.

Quote:

Originally Posted by arnesto /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm thinking about buying a new Corvette. Within my budget, I can get the base model with a hard top.

I am leaning towards an automatic, because is it will be easier to drive.
Also, I read that automatics have a hirer resale value.

I used to have a manual 4 cylinder truck. On a 4 cylinder truck you need a manual because you get more horse power.

But on the Corvette, the automatic and manual have the same horse power.
I don't know what it is like to actually have a manual on a car with a lot of horse power.

Can anyone chime in this that has owned a Corvette or similar sports car?
This has been my dream can ever since I was a little kid, so I don't want to make a mistake and buy it without a feature I don't like.

Mar 14, 2010 at 3:45 AM Post #141 of 1,421
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrarroyo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
arnesto, it will be your car so get whatever makes you happy.
wink.gif
I love ragtops but they are noisier and heavier. Personally Corvette's and Ferraris must be red and w/ stick shift (manual). Man I do miss my '04 Vette, the '09 370Z I replaced it with is not doing it.
frown.gif

Well, the corvettes are a very different breed of sports car compared to most Japanese coupes.

I wish I could afford a sports car right now. Sigh.

Mar 14, 2010 at 10:14 AM Post #143 of 1,421
Mar 19, 2010 at 7:57 PM Post #144 of 1,421
Quote:

Originally Posted by nsx_23 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, the corvettes are a very different breed of sports car compared to most Japanese coupes.

I wish I could afford a sports car right now. Sigh.

The 370z is incredibly American though. It's more of a muscle car than the Evo/STi/Mazdaspeed crew.

Mar 19, 2010 at 8:30 PM Post #145 of 1,421
It is. The 350 and the 370 are hairy-chested sports cars.

I hate how Americans have such low car prices though. One of my dream cars, a Merc C63 AMG, retails for $50K-ish in the US whereas its at least $120,000AUD over here.

The 350Z was about $60k over here when new.

Mar 19, 2010 at 8:34 PM Post #146 of 1,421
Sometimes. We also get much higher prices on certain models than some places in Europe or Japan. Transportation costs, taxes, and tariffs can have quite a toll.

Mar 19, 2010 at 9:09 PM Post #147 of 1,421
A lot of the price difference comes from the taxes. We really don't pay any excessive taxes on cars. Just whatever the local sales tax is at the point of purchase (7-8% around here). I think in many countries outside the US, there are so many taxes on the car that the price is just about doubled.

Mar 19, 2010 at 9:16 PM Post #148 of 1,421
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrarroyo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
the '09 370Z I replaced it with is not doing it.
frown.gif

What's wrong with the 370? I have read that they are more than a little loud.

Mar 19, 2010 at 9:39 PM Post #149 of 1,421
Quote:

Originally Posted by leftnose /img/forum/go_quote.gif
A lot of the price difference comes from the taxes. We really don't pay any excessive taxes on cars. Just whatever the local sales tax is at the point of purchase (7-8% around here). I think in many countries outside the US, there are so many taxes on the car that the price is just about doubled.

There are, however, many advantages to purchasing in the country of origin sometimes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back