Can't seem to decide on a set of headphones, would like some help.
Aug 3, 2014 at 7:01 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Agony

100+ Head-Fier
Apologies for creating a new thread, didn't know if the "Looking for advice - post here" thread was still in service, per se. Long story short, I'm looking for a set of headphones to usa almost exclusively at home, and there aren't any places around me that offer any good sets to audition. About what I'm looking for: I've been a long-time fan of the HD25 and it has been my personal top-tier, go-to headphone for pure sound quality. It's left my M50 on the shelves, but I gave the M50 a good listen again and I really miss the feel of great sounding full-sized headphones.

In essence, I'm looking for a set of full-sized headphones (open or closed) that have a great, open soundstage, clean treble and an airy sound without neglecting bass completely. Again for reference, the HD25 is my current benchmark pinnacle point of sound quality, so I'd prefer it sound comparable or "better" than the HD25, given I'm looking for a full-sized set and having a portable that sounds better kinda defeats the purpose. My budget is $250 at most, but I highly prefer to go under $200 if possible. I've been giving the AKG 550 and Q701 looks, would their signatures be too far apart from the likes of the HD25 to enjoy?

Thanks in advance.

Aug 3, 2014 at 9:20 PM Post #2 of 3

Grado SR325i / Sennheiser HD 600 / Philips X1

Aug 3, 2014 at 11:55 PM Post #3 of 3
Apologies for creating a new thread, didn't know if the "Looking for advice - post here" thread was still in service, per se.

blink.gif

If you clicked the link with the red hand and warning NOT to post in this thread you'd see a guy who asked for help today and already has several replies.

Forum rules....amazing stuff
Good luck in the proper thread
beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back