cant decide help needed :) choosing under $250
Sep 7, 2010 at 5:08 AM Post #31 of 33
doing my research tonight noticed the DT990 2005 is $199 and the DT990 Pro is $179 new ?
seems the 2005 is the way to go ? so for $200 ?
plus I get free shipping from BH who I deal with a ton already

interesting price doing some research on them ? and seems good any thoughts I know Maxvla commented on them quickly earlier ?

the price fits nicely anything besides maybe the tiring highs ? I should think of ?

Sep 7, 2010 at 8:43 PM Post #32 of 33
OK bought the ATH-AD700
and a 5.1 amp for the PS3
going to spend some time with them and my denon get a good feel for the two then try to take those around and see what else is out there this spring ?
bring these into the HT room and listen to both see what I like dont like etc..
figuring I know I want a nice setup if I am going to go that route for music I am going to get a nice set and leave them in the HT room ! and keep these out in the office and game room I have two kids :) figuring these are going to be really good for gaming and good enough when listening to netfilix and my computer !

then going to see about the nicer sen or the higher ohm beyer stuff that seems to do better ? research a little bit what my NAD will do through the headphone jack and or get a dedicated amp for some nicer headphones that will cater just to my music taste and not have to do the movies and games and try to do everything !

thanks again everyone who took the time to post and help out :) it has helped :)

Sep 14, 2010 at 3:35 AM Post #33 of 33
Arrived and they seem comfy ? although the ear pad seems a bit synthetic soft ? not cotton soft
smily_headphones1.gif
but they are under $100 ?

sound wise quite nice now to compare with the Denon 1001 we have !
if I had to have one or the other for sound I do think the Denon are nicer songs with the uke sound a bit more wood the pluck of the strings a bit more alive ?
the bass is lower as I knew it would be ! and the highs I do think are a bit brighter but not in a bad way ? they just are !

for gaming I can see why people love these
smily_headphones1.gif
very good for gaming and beat the denon less boomy ! and brighter you do hear more in a sense of movement

movies seem good ? playing through a turtle beach SSD nice open feeling

now the downside
smily_headphones1.gif
wife does not like them !!!! she wants me to get sealed since she can hear what I am playing ? did not think it would bother her but it does ?

so this is a game changer
smily_headphones1.gif
I was going to use the AT for a while and get a nicer pair for music and have these as office game sets but thats not happening now
smily_headphones1.gif

ordering the Denon AH-D2000

Users who are viewing this thread

Back