Cant change my avatar <- Read your welcome PM please.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 8, 2014 at 2:32 AM Post #31 of 81
  I am also getting this message as posters above did?...
" {"status":"error","message":"Your account does not have the required permissions to access this page."}"

I am kind of new here with only a few posts thus far, but I have been a member for a couple months.
Please fix.

Having 10 posts didn't seem to fix it, so I guess a mod will have to. Thanks again.

Apr 8, 2014 at 10:05 AM Post #34 of 81
It's not a bug.

As you can see at the top of the Feedback & Bug Reports forum:

Can't edit your profile, signature or avatar or create galleries or lists? Due to problems with spam bots, new users will need to have made 10 posts or be a member for 15 days and made 5 posts before they can edit their profile or signature or create lists or galleries.

Apr 8, 2014 at 10:21 AM Post #35 of 81
  It's not a bug.

As you can see at the top of the Feedback & Bug Reports forum:

Can't edit your profile, signature or avatar or create galleries or lists? Due to problems with spam bots, new users will need to have made 10 posts or be a member for 15 days and made 5 posts before they can edit their profile or signature or create lists or galleries.

hmm, that's interesting because it did not say that in the help topic I found.
It DID say 10 posts OR 15 days, but it did not have the "5 posts" part in it.
That is why I thought it should be working since I was a member for more than 15 days.
Someone needs to change the help topic description so that the information is consistent across the forum.
Just as well, there were others in this thread that were having the same problem, and there was no indication made of such criteria,
but their accounts were fixed without hesitation.
I'm sorry I missed the criteria you posted, and once again sorry for the inconvenience, I guess I'm not off to a good start here.

Apr 8, 2014 at 10:24 AM Post #36 of 81
http://www.head-fi.org/a/faq#user_using5

How do I personalize my Profile and change my avatar?
Personalizing your community profile and adding items to Your List are two of the best ways for you to tell the rest of the community about yourself.  Feel free to answer any or all of the profile questions, add items to your List, and change your avatar.  Please note that you must have a minimum of 10 posts, or have been a member of Head-Fi for 15 days to be able to edit your profile. Learn more about how to personalize your profile in our Community Profile Tutorial.

Apr 8, 2014 at 7:55 PM Post #38 of 81
FYI it is also in your welcome PM which contains a lot of useful information and links. 
smile.gif

Jun 14, 2014 at 3:05 AM Post #42 of 81
Could you also help me Joe? With the "Your account does not have the required permissions to access this page." I actually deleted my profile picture to see if I could change it after deletion... It's really lame not having a profile picture. Thank you.

Jun 14, 2014 at 3:21 AM Post #43 of 81
Slow down there bronco, try contacting one of the moderators.

http://www.head-fi.org/u/194497/anakchan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back