CanJam SoCal 2017 Impressions Thread!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 11, 2017 at 6:42 AM Post #211 of 521
As a TOTL IEM guy, I was quite surprised with the RE2000.  However, it is the worst fitting IEM of all time.  Its almost as if it were designed to fit badly.  Its uncomfortable to wear, and not worth $2000.  Get a Vega and call it a day haha.
the day Mim calls it a day is the day IllI'll have an Orpheus in each rooms of the house

Apr 11, 2017 at 6:48 AM Post #212 of 521
the day Mim calls it a day is the day IllI'll have an Orpheus in each rooms of the house

why wait for that day, by then you would already have bought and sold loss tons of gears and that would cost you way over what would have cost you if you bought the orpheus in each room. Just sell everything now and buy an orpheus for each room from now. 

Apr 11, 2017 at 6:55 AM Post #213 of 521
  why wait for that day, by then you would already have bought and sold loss tons of gears and that would cost you way over what would have cost you if you bought the orpheus in each room. Just sell everything now and buy an orpheus for each room from now. 

Why waste time like that? Just request a custom super-size Orpheus, sell your equipment *and* house, and live inside the Orpheus.
Problem solved* 
wink.gif

*NB: some kind of 'venting port' (toilet drainage) may be an additional requirement in this custom model
tongue_smile.gif

Apr 11, 2017 at 8:59 AM Post #217 of 521
Mm....WA33 - interesting. Expensive, yes, if you only have a couple of headphones but if you have lots, it may be worth the price tag .Does it outperform the Alo Studio Six? Other TOTL tube amps? How is the pairing with other headphones?

​I don't have any experience with the Studio Six, but the Cavalli Liquid Tungsten would be an option. I've listened to it before with the Utopia and it is stunning. Better than the WA33? I can't say - you'd have to try them out side by side.

Apr 11, 2017 at 10:28 AM Post #218 of 521
mmm..wow thanks. A TOTL tube amplifier is needed to fill a gaping hole in my headfi gear collection. I do have two Woos, the WA8 and th WA7 so I am fairly familiar with Woo Audio amp/dac. I will defnitely find a way to audition the WA33 this year. Very difficult to find Woo products in my neck of the wilderness.

There is no DAC attached to the WA33. It is purely an amplifier--a glorious one at that. The bottom part of to the stack is the power supply. The cool part is that there is nk umbilical cable visible--they made the connection though the stacking mechanism.

And I personally thought the WA33 sounded better than the Cavalli, but the show floor was noisy and I couldn't give the Liquid Tungsten the fair shake I wanted to.

I wouldn't be surprised if the tubes were an upgrade. The WA22 next door to the WA33 had massively upgraded tubes. Why not show your product in the best light possible, especially in prototype form?

Apr 11, 2017 at 12:35 PM Post #224 of 521
I can't believe how much better the WA33 looks versus the Cavalli Liquid Tungsten chassis.  I don't get why Cavalli went with a sealed box which has to use 2 cooling fans.

Apr 11, 2017 at 1:37 PM Post #225 of 521
It was nice seeing some familiar faces on Saturday. Justin at ampandsound. Darin at Out Of Your Head, Andy from Cayin. Have the original Finders but needed mic control so bought another pair from Sam at Echobox. Big thanks to Alex at Cavali for letting me stop by 136 times to listen to his the Tungsten and prototype amps. Heard the modified PM2s for the first time at Darin’s booth and want to give those another listen.

Although many of the song options were unfamiliar to me, something I enjoy is discovering new music that I probably never would have if not listening to the music options at the different booths. Amber Rubarth Sessions from the 17th Ward was one that I heard for the first time. I believe Strive was the title and listening to it on the Cavalli balanced prototype with Elears had me turning my head wondering where the instruments were coming from….

Wish I was there a second day to spend more time at the booths, but my plans changed last minute

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back