CanJam SoCal 2017 (April 8-9, 2017)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 4, 2017 at 5:56 PM Post #393 of 529
2 SD Slots in the Astell & Kern Kann !  Finally   
biggrin.gif
 .  Thanks A&K ...

Hope Wifi/Tidal streaming is still implemented..  

Also hope that Q&K will launch a 480 serie ( Kann is not a successor to the AK380, but another line)

Apr 4, 2017 at 6:18 PM Post #394 of 529
That is my plan also other than my slots with HE-1's and Ether E's.

I have a slot for the Ether E's as well. Looking forward to 15 min.  Although this is my first Canjam, I have been going to the National Restaurants big show in Chicago for the past 6 years.  The show is gigantic and takes 3 days to walk and see everything.  My experience tells me that you pick a starting point and pace yourself knowing there is enough time for everything.  Once you walk it, you back track to the things you need more time with.  I find this pace and flow to allow me the opportunity to really understand what is there and what I am interested in really digesting.  The rest becomes superfluous.  Just a humble opinion from a chef, not a Canjam expert.

Apr 4, 2017 at 6:45 PM Post #395 of 529
I have a slot for the Ether E's as well. Looking forward to 15 min.  Although this is my first Canjam, I have been going to the National Restaurants big show in Chicago for the past 6 years.  The show is gigantic and takes 3 days to walk and see everything.  My experience tells me that you pick a starting point and pace yourself knowing there is enough time for everything.  Once you walk it, you back track to the things you need more time with.  I find this pace and flow to allow me the opportunity to really understand what is there and what I am interested in really digesting.  The rest becomes superfluous.  Just a humble opinion from a chef, not a Canjam expert.
I was at CanJam SoCal last year and if you don't take two days you will miss some things like I did last year even with two. I was too much like a kid in a candy store. This year will be a bit more focused well maybe; ) It is a great time with great gear and great people. I have heard the Ether E's twice now and both times in meet conditions so it will be nice to hear them in a quite room. If this is your first CanJam your going to love it I'm sure.

Apr 4, 2017 at 6:58 PM Post #396 of 529
Coming Soon - Arrives May 2017!

NEW

Astell & Kern KANN Digital Music & Media Player

This Powerful Headphone Amplifier featuring 32bit 384kHz Bit to Bit Playback, Native DSD, Nand 64GB Memory, 2 Type SD Card Slots and USB Type-C Fast Chargning

[SIZE=20.007px][COLOR=333333]Astell & Kern Kann[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[SIZE=20.007px][COLOR=333333]Details[/COLOR][/SIZE]
[COLOR=333333]
3.5 times more power output with high-gain setting

Dual SD Slots

1 micro and 1 full size SD card slots for more storage than ever before!

Various Output Options

Dedicated line out, both Balanced (2.5mm) and Unbalanced (3.5mm)

Dedicated headphone out, both Balanced (2.5mm) and Unbalanced (3.5mm)

[/COLOR]

If they put 2 standard SD card slots then A&K can claim to be the first one comes out with a 1T dap. What does that even means "3.5 times more power with high gain setting". What is the impedance, what is the wattage and voltage per channel? 3.5 times has no meaning if not specify. They still don"t have digital out just line out?

Apr 4, 2017 at 7:11 PM Post #397 of 529
1.3 ohms balanced

0.65 ohms unbalanced

'Twice the voltage of the 300 series players in unbalanced and three times in balanced mode.' Paraphrased (if its helpful).

Apr 4, 2017 at 7:23 PM Post #398 of 529
I was at CanJam SoCal last year and if you don't take two days you will miss some things like I did last year even with two. I was too much like a kid in a candy store. This year will be a bit more focused well maybe; ) It is a great time with great gear and great people. I have heard the Ether E's twice now and both times in meet conditions so it will be nice to hear them in a quite room. If this is your first CanJam your going to love it I'm sure.

Thank you for the advice.  I will heed your advice and try my best to see it all within the time I have.  I am beyond excited.

Apr 4, 2017 at 7:38 PM Post #400 of 529

FREE Gear Measurements with Audio Precision

How Does Your Gear Measure?
Whether you’re an exhibitor or an attendee, this is an opportunity to test your equipment—headphones, DACs, amplifiers, etc.—with high-performance audio analyzers and consult with one of our audio test experts.
Offered as a free service during CanJam SoCal, this is your chance to receive key audio measurements of your product or prototype and receive a flash drive with a report of the results plus the APx project file used to create the report.  Each session includes 30 minutes of time on one of two test stations and time with one of our audio test experts to discuss your results.  
To register for a test session:
Register using the Sign-Up form here:

* CanJam SoCal attendees will need to provide their Eventbrite ticket number in the designated field on the sign-up page. Click here to purchase your CanJam SoCal 2017 ticket.

Audio Precision will be in the Atrium II demo suite

Any chance a swathe of smartphones could be tested, or is this more for product development? Most of us probably have DAC/amp combos, but with the everyday consumer who might be interested, PocketNow has been doing "Real Audio Reviews" on Youtube and getting some engagement by measuring the capabilities of phone's onboard chips. The technical measurements of an iPhone7/GS7/OnePlus 3T/Google Pixel/LG devices with their apparently 'hifi' dac would be useful. I'm betting that between the staff and a few attendees we could get a nice sample. I have a 3T.

Apr 4, 2017 at 7:44 PM Post #401 of 529
Thank you for the advice.  I will heed your advice and try my best to see it all within the time I have.  I am beyond excited.
Me too it is a lot of fun. Soo much to listen to. OT as a chef you should make it to Louisville lots of really good stuff here. Just went to Mesh this Sunday to check out thier Bloody Mary as I love a good one and theirs was pretty good but the deviled eggs were so good. Your basic deviled egg topped with bacon and a Wasabi and something drizzle on top and a parsley and cilantro drizzle on the bottom holy crap good.

Apr 4, 2017 at 7:50 PM Post #402 of 529
Me too it is a lot of fun. Soo much to listen to. OT as a chef you should make it to Louisville lots of really good stuff here. Just went to Mesh this Sunday to check out thier Bloody Mary as I love a good one and theirs was pretty good but the deviled eggs were so good. Your basic deviled egg topped with bacon and a Wasabi and something drizzle on top and a parsley and cilantro drizzle on the bottom holy crap good.

That sounds delicious.  I love a good deviled egg, especially when the egg is cooked perfectly lending the perfect texture to the creamed out egg yolk.  I haven't eaten in Louisville since 1995.  I was in Louisville for a Phish show in October of 95.  Been too long.  Would love to see My Morning Jacket in their hometown.  I have a list of things I am interested in for Canjam.  I want to replace my Focal Elear.  As much as I love The Elear, I have fatigue issues that have become increasingly more prevalent.  I need a tube amp and I am interested in a DAP.  I should leave my CC's at home.  I already have a Wells Audio Milo en route.  haha...

Apr 4, 2017 at 8:01 PM Post #403 of 529
geoffalter11, if this is your first CanJam, I'd tell you this -- bring your own DAP if you have it, or load a bunch of your favorite songs onto your phone in the highest quality you can. Set up a playlist of stuff that's common and that you really like so that you can try (usually in vain) to do apples to apples comparison.

Even if you're going in with a plan and specific things you want to see, check out some of the random things you've never heard of. Two years ago, the Oppo PM-3 and the Pendulumic Stance S1+ were my stand-outs, and I was going mostly to look for new IEMs. Last year, 1More blew me away with their value for price, and I've introduced a bunch of people to this hobby via their wares now.

Apr 4, 2017 at 8:06 PM Post #404 of 529
@geoffalter11, if this is your first CanJam, I'd tell you this -- bring your own DAP if you have it, or load a bunch of your favorite songs onto your phone in the highest quality you can. Set up a playlist of stuff that's common and that you really like so that you can try (usually in vain) to do apples to apples comparison.

Even if you're going in with a plan and specific things you want to see, check out some of the random things you've never heard of. Two years ago, the Oppo PM-3 and the Pendulumic Stance S1+ were my stand-outs, and I was going mostly to look for new IEMs. Last year, 1More blew me away with their value for price, and I've introduced a bunch of people to this hobby via their wares now.

Thank you, Trager.  I really appreciate it.  I have loaded a very extensive playlist on my phone and will also bring my portable Oppo and Leckerton should I need.  I love the PM-3.  It is my travel headphone and still my favorite because of my history with it.  I will be ready with an open mind to take it all in.  

Apr 4, 2017 at 8:35 PM Post #405 of 529
Ok, since the announcement of the Lola this all I can hear playing in my head.... :D

[VIDEO]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-IUMCyAR6U0[/VIDEO]

Interested in the Lola and look forward to impressions from CanJam SoCal. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back