1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

CanJam SoCal 2017 (April 8-9, 2017)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
First

Back
16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25
27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36
Next

Last
  1. lostman
    Those Sine Deluxe look interesting, but limited run available via private lounge? What gives?

2. MidFiMoney
    The Lola looks awfully interesting!

Deftone likes this.
  3. Andykong

Cayin i5 uses USB Type C, launched June 2016. We have just released our N3 DAP, our second DAP with Type C connector two weeks ago.

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor page on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
  4. Andykong

Can I use my own music when I audition the He1? Should I bring a CD with me? Or a DAP with digital output to feed into the DAC?

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor page on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
  5. bvng3540
    Only Lola, what about the new Jh audio Bertha

6. soundblast75
    I might be in for both :innocent:
    Exciting!!!

7. AxelCloris Administrator
    I'm curious to know if anyone's "plan of attack" changed after seeing the preview video. I know there are several products I can't wait to spend time with at the show.

8. geoffalter11
    for me it is simple... start at the beginning and see it all.  :)

9. DecentLevi
    AFAIK, when Sennheiser exhibits the rare Orpheus, they restrict the playlist / rig configuration to theirs, to prevent any possible mishaps (perhaps with volume levels) that may occur, and with their Orpheus 2 they also didn't let you change the track playing. I'm fine with that, within the space of 10 minutes I'll probably get to hear a variety of 2-3 genres.

Interestingly, it would appear as if we'll be listening to the Orpheus 2 vs. the original HE-1 which I would have been even more interested to demo. The photo shown in the announcement more closely resembles the unit on the left, vs. the original on the right.

Set_RGB.jpg   66senn6643621.jpg
    I wonder if someone can confirm we will be demoing the Sennheiser HE1060 + HEV1060 vs. the HE90 / HEV90?

10. Dionysus
    Coming Soon - Arrives May 2017!

NEW Astell & Kern KANN Digital Music & Media Player

This Powerful Headphone Amplifier featuring 32bit 384kHz Bit to Bit Playback, Native DSD, Nand 64GB Memory, 2 Type SD Card Slots and USB Type-C Fast Chargning

Astell & Kern Kann

Details
    The NEW Single DAC, AKM4490

Uses the same chip in the 300 Series Players (AK300, AK320, AK380)

32bit/384kHz Bit to Bit Playback & Native DSD Playback

No compression. No upsample. No conversion. Exact Digital Music.

More Power with Extended Battery Life

3.5 times more power output with high-gain setting

6200mAh battery. Up to 14 hours. Double any other A&K portable player!

USB 3.0 Type-C Connection

First portable to offer Type-C USB. Allows for faster charging and data transfer compared to micro USB connection.

Dual SD Slots

1 micro and 1 full size SD card slots for more storage than ever before!

Various Output Options

Dedicated line out, both Balanced (2.5mm) and Unbalanced (3.5mm)

Dedicated headphone out, both Balanced (2.5mm) and Unbalanced (3.5mm)

11. AxelCloris Administrator

I haven't head anything about Sennheiser showing the HE90/HEV90 combo. They didn't have one for NYC. The HE 1 isn't called the Orpheus 2.

12. buke9
    That is my plan also other than my slots with HE-1's and Ether E's.

13. Majid Mute

4 driver?2dd 2ba?

14. DecentLevi
    It had seemed that some were referring to it as the Orpheus 2, as it's the 2nd version. When I hear the term HE-1 it would seem to refer to the original Orpheus, but I guess they're actually referring to the 'reborn' Orpheus, technically the HE1060 + HEV1060 unit.

15. AxelCloris Administrator

Yeah, many have called it the Orpheus 2, and even in the Head-Fi TV announcement video Jude called it "the Orpheus successor," but its official name is the Sennheiser HE 1 and it's not a revision of the Orpheus but a different system entirely. When it's mentioned in a Head-Fi TV episode, the HE 1 system is called/labeled the HE 1.

Not trying to argue, just don't want anyone to expect a direct Orpheus vs HE 1 comparison at the show.

Evshrug likes this.
First

Back
16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25
27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36
Next

Last
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.