CanJam SoCal 2015 Impressions Thread
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 1, 2015 at 5:12 PM Post #616 of 955
  Lol, the gf is already trying to steal it now that she knows I won something. Funny thing is, I brought her and another one of my non-audiophile friends to the event. I wasn't planning on doing the scavenger hunt, but they decided to do it, so I played along. Then after about two signatures they both gave up, and by the time I realized this I only had a few boxes left, so I went ahead and finished it.

I think that may be partly why you won, perhaps few people participated in the hunt. (I didn't, but could not qualify anyway if I wanted to). Everybody who won has won a big prize so far and it seems like almost everyone who did it won something, so congrats!

Apr 1, 2015 at 5:12 PM Post #617 of 955
  I think that - at some point - there needs to be a Woo Audio WA8 vs ALO Continental Dual Mono vs Analog Squared Paper comparo.  
smile.gif

If they all want to send me demo units, I will, with heavy heart, take on the excruciating burden of listening to great music off great devices to determine which is the most amazing.  
biggrin.gif

Apr 1, 2015 at 5:22 PM Post #618 of 955
  Sorry for the delay in getting these out...the travel day yesterday was a killer. 

First of all, thank you to Jude, Warren, Ethan and all the rest of the crew at SoCsl Canjam.  The show was a huge success.  Well done guys!

Here are photos from the show.  You can read my detailed impressions over the next few days over at Part Time Audiophile.

Jude enjoying his custom amp made by Frank Couter

Alex Cavalli testing his new Liquid Carbon amp. 

Cavalli Liquid Carbon.  Small form factor...HUGE sound.  Fully balanced.  Price TBD, but I understand it will be sub $1000!

The Mr. Speakers booth was hopping all weekend!

Chuck from 1964 IEM's explained their new ADEL technology aimed at providing better sound AND better protection for your hearing

Ayre Codex...the first desktop headphone rig from the makers of Pono

Joe from Audioquest

Questyle's electronics stack featuring dual mono amps.

The $5K Chord Hugo TT sounded fantastic!

Noble, known for their IEM's, was showing their new speakers.

Questyle inards

Woo Portable Amp

Ether on Woo

Pendulumic

Dharma by ENIGMAcoustic

Ether by Mr. Speakers

New amps from Cavalli

The HE-1000 from HiFiMan

Ragnarock and Yggdrsil from Schiit

Oppo PM-3's...quite possibly my favorite closed back planar's...and they're only $399

Sankar from Audeze was explaining the cool tech that enabled them to make the EL-8's.

Astell & kern's 500n music server

Mofi from Blue Microphones

Impressions being made (and given) at the Ultimate Ears booth

Vinnie Rossie Audio's modular amp.

Kingsound e-stat's

Covalent Audio amp

prototype for the Centrance iPhone 6 case/amp.

The very fun guys from EchoBox!

Aurender Flow...so cool.

Geekin' out with the LH Labs crew

Peachtree has a new portable DAC/Amp

Two of my favorite people, Ian and Lyndsey from RHA

Ken Ball was talking up his new amps

Dual Mono Continental

Currawong

Harmony Hicks looking all kinds of SoCal

Well done!
My favorite is the B&W of Currawong.  Now I know what a "Currawong" looks like  :).

Apr 1, 2015 at 5:39 PM Post #619 of 955
Lol, the gf is already trying to steal it now that she knows I won something. Funny thing is, I brought her and another one of my non-audiophile friends to the event. I wasn't planning on doing the scavenger hunt, but they decided to do it, so I played along. Then after about two signatures they both gave up, and by the time I realized this I only had a few boxes left, so I went ahead and finished it.

That's good. I brought my wife, Hopefully planted the seed, now we will see if it grows.

Jim

Apr 1, 2015 at 5:41 PM Post #621 of 955
How do you know you won something? Did they already call people?

Apr 1, 2015 at 5:57 PM Post #622 of 955
  How do you know you won something? Did they already call people?

Got an email this morning. It seems that they left it up to the vendors to contact the winners who weren't there, and the vendors seem to be contacting people at different times.

Time for me to read up on Final Audio Design. I've been out of the loop for a while and haven't heard of the brand...

Apr 1, 2015 at 6:07 PM Post #623 of 955
Is next year's SoCal CanJam going to be held at approximately the same time (late March) or is it too early to tell? 

I am very seriously thinking of making the pilgrimage to "our Mecca". 

Apr 1, 2015 at 6:14 PM Post #625 of 955
  Is next year's SoCal CanJam going to be held at approximately the same time (late March) or is it too early to tell? 

I am very seriously thinking of making the pilgrimage to "our Mecca". 

Yes, the plan is the very same time frame. We hope to get way ahead of the curve on this one and announce dates as early as we can!

Apr 1, 2015 at 6:26 PM Post #626 of 955
  CanJam London is serious? Wow now we're talking. Disappointed I won't be in Cambridge for the meet due to exams but this may be interesting. Would be interested to help if I'm around =D

For those of you who weren't there, we technically announced CanJam London 2015 at CanJam SoCal 2015.  We did it quietly and without much fanfare, but it was the entire inside back cover of our official show guide.  
smile.gif
  So no, definitely not a joke.

Apr 1, 2015 at 6:32 PM Post #627 of 955
  Got an email this morning. It seems that they left it up to the vendors to contact the winners who weren't there, and the vendors seem to be contacting people at different times.

Time for me to read up on Final Audio Design. I've been out of the loop for a while and haven't heard of the brand...

Envious! Final Audio had some very interesting earphones -- their open ones (in particular) were beautiful, both to look at and listen to.

Apr 1, 2015 at 6:38 PM Post #628 of 955
why was Donald north not there? no DNA???

Apr 1, 2015 at 6:54 PM Post #630 of 955
And did anyone get an approximate price on the WA8?  From memory, I think I heard it was going to be around the price of the ALO CDM, minus the DAC?  These portables are getting expensive...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back